Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SEATHESTARS....NO1
15 Nov 13 14:10
| Topic/replies: 4,537 | Blogger: SEATHESTARS....NO1's blog
Does he really love CheltenhamConfused I have a feeling that henderson has him slightly wrong, but, if he does win this easily, the Arkle is the right race for him, not the Jewson, though would certainly have to improve on that jumping to make me want to back him though as anyone can see as i type this with one eye on the race, they arent really going that quick are they early on?
Show More
Report SEATHESTARS....NO1 November 15, 2013 2:12 PM GMT
SCRAP THAT
Report festivalfanatic November 15, 2013 4:37 PM GMT
I didn't get the impression that he particularly enjoyed the experience today and will be surprised if he attains the rating over fences that he had over hurdles. The tactical nature of the race should have been right up his alley. Receiving 5lbs from a horse that would be much better on a soft surface doesn't augur well.
Report Graeme83 November 15, 2013 5:13 PM GMT
Nicky wasn't too impress with the race lol....he said as part of his post race comments "it was the biggest bollocks of a race ever run at Cheltenham."
Report buddeliea November 15, 2013 5:18 PM GMT
Well he would not have enjoyed the first fence,although trainers says he slipped so will let him off that,especially as he jumped the rest ok and when his jockey let him go he jumped better than ok.He would not have enjoyed being restrained for a fair part of the race as well.
The race Was unsatisfactory as to how he will fare in the future over fences, and I for one will wait till his next race before forming any firm opinion.
Main thing today for me was proving he could jump,he did that.
Report Ekbalco November 15, 2013 8:16 PM GMT
In the circs it was fine beginning - walked through the first and jumped the second like it was the Great Wall of China - then had to make running which he patently didn't want to do.
definitely a major Jewson prospect - I wouldn't be downheartened at all.
A long odds-on doddle around Bangor etc. required next.
Report Ibrahima Sonko November 15, 2013 8:20 PM GMT
I think they were going so slow it confused the horse at the first, he jumped well there after but sometimes to the right which i hope is down to the slow pace, need to watch him again and see if he still jumps to the right.
Report Howdi November 15, 2013 9:01 PM GMT
i wouldn't be taking too many positives his hurdles form was tailing off towards the back end of the season too
Report buddeliea November 16, 2013 6:38 AM GMT
yeh running over the wrong distance and kn&ckered at Aintree.

judge him on this season is fair imo.
Report buddeliea December 3, 2013 5:53 PM GMT
Entered at Exeter on Friday - 2m3f.
Report shockster December 3, 2013 7:17 PM GMT
I'm surprised he found a race.  Must have been looking for an age to find this.Whoops
Report sintonian December 4, 2013 4:20 PM GMT
He waits for Cheltenham the week after according to owner.
Report shockster December 4, 2013 4:49 PM GMT
These races are popping up all over now.Surprised
Report buddeliea December 4, 2013 5:19 PM GMT
yeh,just seen that Sint.And im glad.
More practice round Cheltenham suits me.
Report filbert street December 6, 2013 7:01 PM GMT
entered at leicester wednesday 2m 4 1/2f beginners chase
Report buddeliea December 6, 2013 7:41 PM GMT
must be near you Filbert with a name like that.

Looks like he will be running at Cheltenham though.
Report buddeliea December 12, 2013 12:18 PM GMT
Yep, runs tomorrow, I hope he can beat Wonderful charm ok.
If not he aint making a top chaser me thinks.
Report buddeliea December 12, 2013 12:25 PM GMT
Especially receiving 8lb!!
Report sintonian December 12, 2013 12:35 PM GMT
PFN is very keen to get experience into Wonderful Charm. This is his 4th run in 2 months, which is quite an usual thing for PFN to do. Interesting.
Report sintonian December 13, 2013 12:41 PM GMT
Just gets the job done. Surprised Wondeful Charm is the same price as him for the Jewson.
Report alleged22 December 13, 2013 12:47 PM GMT
not impressed by OW there
Report shockster December 13, 2013 1:20 PM GMT
OW IMO will be a lot better given a lead in a true run race.  I'd say job done, but couldn't put anyone off Wonderful Charm.  Good race.
Report sintonian December 13, 2013 1:22 PM GMT
I've now backed TDS for the Jewson after that today. Form franked against a good horse. Trip and track all suitable for him. Could be Jonjo's best chance of a winner come March.
Report shockster December 13, 2013 1:34 PM GMT
I would say TDS def needs a bit of Juice more than Chelt official g/s IMO and he didn't run great at last years festival.  having said that neither did OW.  I think they'll all have to go some to beat either Felix Yonger or Champagne Fever though.
Report sintonian December 13, 2013 3:42 PM GMT
Neither did Wonderful Charm but you wouldn't rule him out. TDS has won on GS over fences and hurdles. It is perfectly fine for him. Last time out at Sandown it was Good. That is too quick, but GS is fine.
Report postiepete January 1, 2014 9:23 AM GMT
Could be another farce of a race today.I really like this horse but cant understand why being 5lbs worse off he is fav??? Pocket talking but was hoping a strong run Arkle would be more to his liking.
Report buddeliea January 1, 2014 9:40 AM GMT
I think a strong run Arkle on soft ground would suit him fine.
Given normal festival ground the Jewson will be his race and at least in that race he should have things in his favour and be ridden as he needs to be.
Reckon he will go off in front today as he did lto. Could well get picked off and I too am surprised hes fav.
Love to see him win well though...love this horse.
Report Glossy January 1, 2014 11:43 AM GMT
Strong lay at the weights today.
Report buddeliea January 1, 2014 1:31 PM GMT
Neesom don't seem to like Oscar much!!
Probably likes him even less now after making his comments before the race look bl00dy stupid.Laugh
Report buddeliea January 3, 2014 1:04 PM GMT
Im getting more confident about OW for the festival.
Yeh,hes gone chasing pretty late in his career,but he jumps well and hes getting vital experience at Cheltenham.
Have him at big odds for the Arkle in case it comes up soft and they decide to take a chance,just need to have a go at the Jewson with the nrfb.
Report buddeliea February 1, 2014 3:37 PM GMT
They really don't like Oscar on RUK,more knocking today,before and after the race.

Yeh,it weren't a great display,but that's pretty desperate stuff today.

Hes a better horse at Cheltenham,and really hope he rams it all back down their throats come March.

Think its time to back him now.
Report sc1883 February 1, 2014 4:10 PM GMT
Have to agree with you Budd, pretty similar comments on C4. Dont really know what they were expecting on ground like that today. Looking at this years novices there is no standout superstar(s) like there have been in recent seasons, this race is wide open and Oscar should be right bang there.
Report SEATHESTARS....NO1 February 1, 2014 5:34 PM GMT
I can honestly say i was coming on this thread expecting to read knocks and i was going to comment exactly what you said Budd.
Report SEATHESTARS....NO1 February 1, 2014 5:36 PM GMT
Though the truth is, he can put in shows just like that one today, as he did do at the inauguration of this thread it does now seem i posted scrap that a little bit prematurely and really like this horse. I do think he could easily be the class act on nice ground at his favoured track, not a festival winner - yet!! Crazy
Report wellchief February 1, 2014 6:04 PM GMT
Every time Oscar and Taquin win, it adds a little boost to Wonderful Charm Wink

Despite being fav for the race for quite a while, not many people seem to mention him.  I think he is the one to beat come March.

Re Oscar today; he jumped left, then he jumped right, he then reached for one, then put in a short one, but.......he showed his class in the end, and won with a fair bit in hand.  Grade 1 in name, but not in class, but the conditions will be completely different in March, which will suit him a lot better, and goes there with a lot of experience over fences, and defintiely has a live chance.
Report VillaBoy February 1, 2014 6:52 PM GMT
I think he's always underrated, but I do believe they run him too many times throughout the season to maximise his Cheltenham prospects. He's been on the go for a while again this season and I think that might take its toll at the festival, particularly after the run today. I get the impression the owner likes winning races with him, and the festival is not the only target as it is with many.
Report tomdeane February 1, 2014 6:56 PM GMT
I've always loved this horse but think for some time now that he's been overrated.

Speaking from a purely objective perspective, I'd be very disappointed if Oscar is the best two and a half mile novice chaser this season. Doesn't look in love with the game to me now. I think he was campaigned pretty badly for a couple of years and just get the impression he's not quite as good as he once was, fences or hurdles.
Report Winnerallrite February 1, 2014 9:32 PM GMT
He has beaten Taquin Du Seuil and Wonderful Charm over 2m5f though, form not to be overlooked.

not fluent at times can leave him a bit behind in races as with jumping right(World Hurdles), if they can get him jumping better over fences then could win connections another 460 grand in prize money.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com