Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
splinterboy82
12 Nov 13 22:04
| Topic/replies: 55 | Blogger: splinterboy82's blog
Entered on Sunday (17/11/13) over both 2m & 2m6f....
This beast is the one i'm most excited about this season....Mullins new superstar?
Took 20/1 Neptune - Can see this going off 5/4f after hacking up in Ireland all season prior to March 2014.

Think Moyle Park will end up being Mullins Supreme horse & Briar Hill heading for AB...

No need to wait until March when you can guess in November ;-)

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 27  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 27 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,069
By:
deepingfox
When: 13 Nov 13 18:52
Splinterboy,

Completely on your wavelength here, that NHF win this spring was absolute mustard, and I have backed him in both Supreme and Neptune just in case WM does a change of plan (as per Champagne Fever, Sir Des Champs etc in their Novice Hurdle and Chase season respectively).

Hacking up over the weekend, showing he hurdles well, and some positive noises from the trainer and we will be in single figures for Cheltenham by dusk on Sunday.
By:
McK30wn
When: 14 Nov 13 14:42
Lol I don't mean to be disrespectful but how can u see it going off at 5/4 for a novice hurdle when it hasn't even jumped a hurdle in public? Especially probearly 1 of the most competitive races of the festival? Add to that its a Willie Mullins runner?

Yes it might be a good horse and 20/1 is massive... IF u know where it lines up, and I would say if it did line up at Cheltenham it would be single figures but 5/4 made me laugh.  This the time of the year when all of Mullins runners are back stronger than ever and catching pigeons...

Remember don cossack last year with a similar profile.... Sure u know how that ended up
By:
Arklearkle
When: 14 Nov 13 18:06
Well we do know that WM's horses were truly "back stronger than ever" last year. I reckon most people expect the same this year. The problem with backing the same horse in two races is that you are effectively halving (approx) the odds. I reckon its better to wait unless you are certain of the race.
By:
splinterboy82
When: 14 Nov 13 19:27
Just a gut feeling i've got over this beast...I know stating a horse could go off 5/4f 4 months before the event without jumping in public when there is 3 nov hurdles to pick from is a bit far fetched but look at the recent history of the race re Mullins supposed best novice hurdlers:

2013 - pont alexandre 6/4f 3rd
2011 - so young 2/1f 3rd
2009 - MDH 5/2f 1st
2008 - fiveforthree 7/1 1st

Time will tell but I like Ante Post punting on these unknown potential superstars....backed SS at 10/1 for Arkle a couple of yrs ago at this time of yr - gives you something to follow the whole winter.....update on horse in question from Mark Howard update received today...

[i]His owner Rich Ricci contacted me this week to say the Germany gelding will either make his hurdles debut at Punchestown on Sunday (17th November) or sometime next week (also entered at Cork on Sunday). A twenty two lengths winner at Punchestown in May, the third, Stonebrook, won by seven lengths at Carlisle on Monday on his first start for Donald McCain. Willie Mullins has also entered him in the Grade 1 Royal Bond Novice Hurdle at Fairyhouse (1st December).[/i]
By:
Joist
When: 17 Nov 13 19:23
Impressed today despite novicey jumping. Really wish we could have a clue as to where he'll end up, I'd quite like to back him.
By:
jetodd
When: 17 Nov 13 20:04
Hills are 10/1 for him to win any race at the festival
By:
sintonian
When: 18 Nov 13 11:25
Is being dropped in trip for his next race says WPM.
By:
Masterminded
When: 18 Nov 13 13:38
Neptune looks his race for me
By:
buddeliea
When: 20 Nov 13 06:57
Yeh,i would say Neptune as well.
Walsh very bullish about him,must have given him a good feel(so to speakLaugh)as I thought his jumping weren't that good at times.
By:
Masterminded
When: 23 Nov 13 15:34
You'd think he'll have improved but Josses Hill certainly didn't do his bumper form any harm today.
By:
festivalfanatic
When: 23 Nov 13 16:03
I took the 8/1 with Hills this morning for Faugheen to win any race at the 2014 Festival. Don't believe it's a poorer bet this evening.
By:
splinterboy82
When: 25 Nov 13 20:22
Looks like next step Navan Novice Hurdle over 2m4f on Dec 15th (won last yr by Ponte Alex) - exciting match up against Apache Stronghold possibly on the cards....he looked impressive yesterday & will be nice to see some form lines with last yrs champion bumper won by The Liquidator - I personally think AS has improved since then though
By:
Slabster
When: 26 Nov 13 10:59
Splinterboy, where did you see that news? I had thought the plan was for Briar Hill to go for the Navan race.
By:
quantize
When: 02 Dec 13 20:18
Rich Ricci confirmed on ATR yesterday plan is to mirror what Pont Alexander and Mikael D'Haguenet did. So Neptune loos safest option.
By:
Tory
When: 02 Dec 13 21:09
quantize - do you know when he roughly said that? I've recorded the racing and would like to listen to the interview. Thanks
By:
Tory
When: 02 Dec 13 23:35
Don't worry, I found it. Pont and MDH route did appear preferred option but he also said he's not against dropping him in trip. I'm on for Neptune so hoping that's the end game
By:
Tory
When: 06 Dec 13 11:23
Faugheen runs tomorrow instead of next week in the grade 1. Thought it would happen as Ruby's not over for aintree. Not sure what to make of that!

2.4 so right distance for my Neptune hope.  Only thought is that he's only run twice so maybe they're just building up experience and trying to improve hurdling before going onto bigger and better things
By:
sintonian
When: 06 Dec 13 12:40
That would be my worry for him too Tory. Only had 2 career runs, by the time we get to March..how many 4?
By:
Tory
When: 06 Dec 13 13:04
Maybe 5 at a push - could take in something like the Slaney at Naas in early Jan and one more at a push in early feb - Deloitte maybe. Would be a grade 2 followed by a grade 1 so continuing the learning curve.

Always difficult to have an honest view when you've got cash down but do feel this could be a monster, but hurdling was poor(ish) on debut
By:
Arklearkle
When: 06 Dec 13 13:46
I would agee with the reasoning re his hurdling. It should be easier for him jumping wise. I assume Briar Hill goes for the Navan hurdle. He could be the monster. Once Ruby opted out of Aintree it meant he had something important on here.
By:
Howdi
When: 06 Dec 13 14:52
^^^ and me bookies wil love you lot
By:
Tory
When: 06 Dec 13 19:28
Why??
By:
Howdi
When: 06 Dec 13 20:00
backing him for two races.
By:
Tory
When: 06 Dec 13 23:01
I've only backed him for the Neptune. Fortunate in that I got him at about 17 so have moved bet from here onto BV for NRFB @ 14/1 and kept a small free stake
By:
sintonian
When: 07 Dec 13 12:23
Won as he liked. But what's he beaten and is his jumping good enough?
By:
alleged22
When: 07 Dec 13 12:26
a stronger pace will suit him more, but still very impressive
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 07 Dec 13 12:28
He is a Micky D all over again.

The way Ruby pointed him in the home straight reminded me of him so much and he did make a mistake at the last but found his legs so quickly ruby nearly jumped up in the saddle.

He is a real nice sort....obviously bigger tests await but so far so good.
By:
alleged22
When: 07 Dec 13 12:34
as short as 7-1 in places laddies stand out 16-1 so helped myself to some of that
By:
sintonian
When: 07 Dec 13 12:39
What has he beaten?
By:
sintonian
When: 07 Dec 13 12:43
Just looked at his maiden, the horse in 3rd has come out and Won so fair enough. He was comfortably beat by Faugheen.
By:
sintonian
When: 07 Dec 13 12:48
Mikael Dhaguenet had several runs in France before he joined Willie. I still think a lack of experience will catch this horse out in better company.
By:
alleged22
When: 07 Dec 13 12:55
I kinda like the fact that he has had fewer runs, imo it can only mean more improvement to come
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 07 Dec 13 12:58
Look he will have to improve no doubt and jump better.

But we have another few runs before the Festival to decide his merits.
By:
buddeliea
When: 07 Dec 13 15:49
Still not totally convinced with his jumping either although it was better today.
By:
alleged22
When: 07 Dec 13 16:08
I remember the same things being said about the TNO last year.
before anyone says anything I am not comparing TNO with Faugheen, just that they are novices and it is all about giving them the experience, I remember TNO beating village vic by 2 lengths it didn't look Neptune winning form at the time, he needed to hurdle better but it was valuable experience.

I expect faugheen will have learnt a lot today and will be upped in grade next time
By:
Tory
When: 07 Dec 13 16:22
Neither TNO or Simonsig were great jumpers but had so much latent ability it didn't matter. Faugheen was neat early on and got a bit worse on the final circuit. Another two runs and hopefully that will be ironed out
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 07 Dec 13 16:43
Tory 07 Dec 13 00:01 Joined: 13 Dec 11 | Topic/replies: 285 | Blogger: Tory's blog
I've only backed him for the Neptune. Fortunate in that I got him at about 17 so have moved bet from here onto BV for NRFB @ 14/1 and kept a small free stake
Rate reply:

As far as I am aware BV are only NRFB on the championship races at mo...Champion Hurdle, Chase, World, Gold Cup
By:
Tory
When: 07 Dec 13 16:46
Nope, i checked with them and they are NRFB every race for chelt.

Also just watched the race back and it was only really the third last and last flights he made an error. Not bad at all
By:
Mystic Wind
When: 07 Dec 13 17:39
I thought Faugheen jumped a lot better today, although once again he didn't beat much.

Equally impressive was Vautour in the opener, post-race quotes of 33/1 for the Supreme were generous imo. He looks like the Ricci's Supreme horse.

The remaining question is whether WPM will keep Faugheen & Briar Hill apart. Given Faugheen's more stamina-laden Dosage profile, there's a chance he could end up in the Potato race, where he'd take a lot of beating.
Page 1 of 27  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 27 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com