Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
leathal weapon
13 Mar 13 20:29
| Topic/replies: 535 | Blogger: leathal weapon's blog
Any ideas?? something tells me smad place is going to run a big race..Not sure it can win though!!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 9
By:
Howdi
When: 13 Mar 13 20:30
i agree
By:
Glossy
When: 13 Mar 13 20:40
I think you have to be looking at Smad Place and Oscar Whisky as the 2 horses that will benefit from the drying ground. I've spent the last few weeks assuming that I'd end up backing Reve De Sivola but can't see that conditions will suit.
By:
leathal weapon
When: 13 Mar 13 20:41
Can you honestly see it winning though Howdi? im pretty confident of a place
By:
leathal weapon
When: 13 Mar 13 20:42
Dont fancy OW at all at the price
By:
Mr Eboue
When: 13 Mar 13 20:43
I cannot see how RDS does not come in the first 2.
By:
Howdi
When: 13 Mar 13 20:49
lethal think its wide open mate love oscar but he aint a 3 miler for me. How reve DS isnt fav is a mystery to me
By:
leathal weapon
When: 13 Mar 13 20:50
Id have to agree Howdi
By:
steview84
When: 13 Mar 13 21:20
reve DS doesn't run well on better ground, is better over a slog.  will be readily outpaced, probably shoved along early doors.

this race will suit a traveller and a horse with a turn of foot towards the finish, hence why oscar is the favorite, though i wouldn't back him with a lot of confidence.
By:
BarryM
When: 13 Mar 13 21:59
We don't know what the ground is going to be like on th new course. The old course the hurdles track has been riding much faster than the chase track. Who knows if the new hurdles track will be better or worse.

I think RDS is pretty solid each way. I don't understand your assertion that he doesn't run well on good ground, his form in the Neptune (then rsa) hurlde on good was as good as he's ever run over hurdles imo. He's only run in 2 3m hurdles and both happened tobe on heavy, but it would be a mistake to assume he needs heavy/soft ground.

This is not just about OW/RDS though. Solwit is just as good as OW over 2.5 and looks more of a staying type. Peddlers Cross was better and OW over 2 and is an unknown at the trip but has a good chance of getting it. Wonderful Charm could be anything. Celestial Halo is a crazy price, he could improve for the trip and loves this sort of ground. It's a really good race.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com