Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Brian_Ookiebasher
12 Mar 13 07:50
Joined:
Date Joined: 04 Apr 08
| Topic/replies: 1,776 | Blogger: Brian_Ookiebasher's blog
On SSN now
Pause Switch to Standard View Inspection called
Show More
Loading...
Report Brian_Ookiebasher March 12, 2013 6:52 AM GMT
10-30
Report buddeliea March 12, 2013 6:52 AM GMT
snap
Laugh
Report daveyworcs March 12, 2013 7:06 AM GMT
fingers crossed - but its not ideal underfoot - even with the covers
Report Regular Fries March 12, 2013 7:07 AM GMT
yep fingers crossed, especially for those travelling.

Officials sounded confident on the radio if that's any solace.
Report buddeliea March 12, 2013 7:09 AM GMT
yesterday they said their would be no need for an inspection!!
lose confidence in these people to be honest
Report roobuck March 12, 2013 7:13 AM GMT
Did I hear right that it got to -11 overnight? If it did not sure the covers would have prevented all the frost - they may need temps to rise to be sure, god I hope not Shocked
Report Brian_Ookiebasher March 12, 2013 7:17 AM GMT
-4 there now... so I assume they cant take the covers off as it will freeze straight away.
I would say it has no chance today... tomorrow isn't much better.

13 race card Thursday, 14 Friday????
Report unclepuncle March 12, 2013 7:17 AM GMT
They must be struggling if they have announced an inspection (though the conditions are brutal so no ones fault).
9 race cards on Wed / Thurs perhaps with cross country abandoned?
Report Ming_the_Merciless March 12, 2013 7:22 AM GMT
Cheltenham inspect at 10.30amGood morning, not the news most people wanted to wake up to, but with a wind chill of -12C overnight a few parts of the track at Cheltenham are frozen.

ShockedSad
Report roobuck March 12, 2013 7:24 AM GMT
Cancel Mares race and Quevega in WH?
Report cricnut March 12, 2013 7:25 AM GMT
extra races for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and with the weather getting warmer, they may well decide to do this, if its a 50/50 decision and call today off. Lets hope not, with all the people with tickets, travelling a long way.
Report roobuck March 12, 2013 7:27 AM GMT
Yeah but some races now to be run on New Course - from an AP point of view would that be a different track?
Report Ballydoyle March 12, 2013 7:35 AM GMT
Bud...was just thinking the same thing "no problem" it was yesterday...I'm going Thu/Fri and lot if effort been made with flights/hotels/tickets... Bit worried about being fed a lot of bollox
Report resner not lesnar March 12, 2013 7:44 AM GMT
Lets just wait and see, it got colder than expected but they are still 95% ok. Not sure whether that means they are 95% certain everywhere will be fine or 95% of the track is ok. Either way, positive thoughts guys and if necessary we should all get there early and spout our own usual brand of hot air to warm the place up
Report buddeliea March 12, 2013 7:46 AM GMT
Its not good to tell us all that their is no threat to racing the day before.
Report Ballydoyle March 12, 2013 7:46 AM GMT
Think what we might find here is another inspection to be announced at 1pm after the covers are off with first race put back to 2pm
Report buddeliea March 12, 2013 7:48 AM GMT
Feel for yer Bally,lets hope we get the races in the end,even if we lose today.
Way its going you might see some extra races later in the week mate.
Report Regular Fries March 12, 2013 7:52 AM GMT
On Betfair it is 1.25 (1-4) that racing goes ahead, 2.8 (9-5) that day one of the meeting is called off. (6 mins ago)



FWIW
Report Steamship March 12, 2013 7:54 AM GMT
Got to feel for everyone there. Hope the sun gets out for you
Report Regular Fries March 12, 2013 8:00 AM GMT
Can anyone translate what Ted Walsh just said on the morning line?
Report resner not lesnar March 12, 2013 8:05 AM GMT
Simon Claisse was certainly more cautious there than the v confident tweet earlier.
Report Ballydoyle March 12, 2013 8:09 AM GMT
Claisse can't muck about with this...the meeting is too big and people travelling from here there everywhere.shouldnt have given it the "no problems" statement yesterday
Report buddeliea March 12, 2013 8:12 AM GMT
indeed,bad stuff from Claisse and his colleagues.
Report resner not lesnar March 12, 2013 8:14 AM GMT
Odds on today being off now only 4/6
Report chief dan March 12, 2013 8:16 AM GMT
snowing nowSad
Report unclepuncle March 12, 2013 8:20 AM GMT
They need that cloud to lift soon as without the sun warming things up there is no chance of a thaw imo.
Report sj March 12, 2013 8:24 AM GMT
Mid March, where are these global warming tw ats
Report cricnut March 12, 2013 8:31 AM GMT
odds on betfair, for meeting to be off, is nearly 13/5 on betfair, so someone things it will go ahead today
Report cricnut March 12, 2013 8:37 AM GMT
meeting off, has now drifted to 4/1, which is good, but there again, it might be people just being hopeful, but the betfair market is usually a very reliable guide to what will happen
Report Dan Chipowski March 12, 2013 8:39 AM GMT
Positive vibes chaps. If they cover the wider areas which have been badly affected, it'll be grand hopefully.
Report yort March 12, 2013 8:50 AM GMT
if this was any other lesser meeting would it be already called off by now?
Report Regular Fries March 12, 2013 8:59 AM GMT
If it was a lesser meeting they wouldn't have covered the entire track.
Report unclepuncle March 12, 2013 9:19 AM GMT
If it's the wide parts that are the issue maybe they can configure it so that at least the hurdle races get run today (it is Champion Hurdle day after all) - at least the visitors and bookies will then have something. The Arkle can be moved to Wednesday and the if the Cross Country hasn't thawed by 4.30pm they can abandon that altogether.  The JLT and Novices H'Cap can then either be abandoned or moved to other days.
Report SEATHESTARS....NO1 March 12, 2013 9:25 AM GMT
Wouldn't mind the x-country being abandoned to be honest, its a race with nil chance of getting re-scheduled probably so would get me Balthazar King bet voided and refunded Mischief
Report resner not lesnar March 12, 2013 10:10 AM GMT
Above freezing at the track now, Claisse sounds more optimistic
Report judorick March 12, 2013 10:15 AM GMT
1.03 to be on
Report Can't Catch Me March 12, 2013 10:16 AM GMT
Sun out here now. Was feeling pretty worried a few hours ago but will be amazed if its not on now.
Report nocturnal March 12, 2013 10:27 AM GMT
On...first race 2-05 talksport
Report cricnut March 12, 2013 10:28 AM GMT
2.05 start, yes, good news and instead of playing ball with channel 4, the racing should always start at 2.00, every day, we don't need 1.30 starts.
Report buddeliea March 12, 2013 10:33 AM GMT
PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report Can't Catch Me March 12, 2013 10:45 AM GMT
Anyone else think they will get rid of the X Country race today and thats the reason for the late start?
Report Can't Catch Me March 12, 2013 10:46 AM GMT
Forget that... just seen its the last race at 5.45 now.
Report judorick March 12, 2013 10:47 AM GMT
BREAKING: Cheltenham Festival day one to start 35 mins late 1405 #CheltFest Cross-Country Chase inspection at 1415. If goes ahead, 1745
Report trevortricky March 12, 2013 12:15 PM GMT
How does this affect the placepot
Report BigRob1 March 12, 2013 12:31 PM GMT
trevor the placepot is still the same as it was .

x country is the 5th race of placepot

worth having a good go at it as there will be confusion and people will be doing it without the x country.
Report its a brent thing March 12, 2013 12:42 PM GMT
It'll end up being a five-leg Placepot. Can't see them running the X-Country.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com