Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
CheltenhamRoar
11 Mar 13 19:12
| Topic/replies: 5,882 | Blogger: CheltenhamRoar's blog
Anybody give him a chance?
33s looks too big imo.
Pause Switch to Standard View Cheltenian 33/1?
Show More
Report duffy March 11, 2013 7:05 PM GMT
I like him at a price, of course he's not had the ideal preparation but when thinking about things against him we've got to remember the price we've got about him and it's factored in

He's got winning festival form, he had cinders behind him that day, he's beat montbazon who also ran well in the supreme, I like his running style although he does tend to run a bit on and off the bridle but he has that grinding battling look to him, on his run back he was perhaps understandably a bit keen but travelled like much the best horse in the race before getting tired suggesting he retains plenty of ability.

You know in sam winner plenty are raving at the fact he's got a stone or maybe more in hand, they are of course assuming that on the basis of improvement not that far removed to his competitors in that years triumph hurdle, well cheltenian looks to retain plenty of ability and who knows what level he would have reached last year if he raced, perhaps up with the supreme winner who he'd beat the previous season, at 33/1 it's got to be worth a dabble.
Report Brooksielad March 11, 2013 7:19 PM GMT
I kind of agree he looks the value EW bet at this stage. You'd just have to hope a season off hasn't stumped his progress.
Report CheltenhamRoar March 11, 2013 7:45 PM GMT
Didn't look like it last time,i think people are just expecting him to "bounce"

Some of them do come back as good as ever,Sometimes even better,Go Native certainly falls into that category,

He's still a Young enough Horse,i'll be having a few quid on anyway,GL
Report Glossy March 11, 2013 7:56 PM GMT
Good luck CR. Thought long and hard about it but think I'll stick with my Champagne Fever bet. Hope he runs well for you.
Report CheltenhamRoar March 11, 2013 7:59 PM GMT
Cheers Glossy,He'll be an E/W poke for me,Just think he's over priced thats the only reason im having a few quid on him.

Last years Bumper winner v 2011 Bumper winner Grin
Report Bladesman82 March 11, 2013 10:01 PM GMT
Looking to have a free £10 e/w bet on him.

Anyone else fancy him?
Report dan33 March 12, 2013 12:06 AM GMT
Backed him at 33's with VC this morning. Watch his Bumper win in 2011 - he powered up that hill like a good'un with some (now) very decent horses behind him. Will he bounce after his recent return to racing? Possibly yes, but at that price I'm willing to pay to find out.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com