Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
its a brent thing
08 Mar 13 14:10
| Topic/replies: 98 | Blogger: its a brent thing's blog
Head of steam building up for 'The Fever' if the markets are anything to go by.
Pause Switch to Standard View RUBY CHOOSES CHAMPAGNE FEVER IN SUPREME
Show More
Report unclepuncle March 8, 2013 2:22 PM GMT
Is that official or juts a guess based on the market?

I advised CF at 14/1 earlier today so that probably explains the market move.Laugh
Report its a brent thing March 8, 2013 2:25 PM GMT
Official.
Report unclepuncle March 8, 2013 2:26 PM GMT
If so that is more excellent news - been a great day for my antepost book so far today.Cool
Report Mr Eboue March 8, 2013 2:29 PM GMT
He just needs to improve on his hurdles runs by about a stone and a half and he might win.
Report Howdi March 8, 2013 2:39 PM GMT
horses for courses mr e
Report Mr Eboue March 8, 2013 2:46 PM GMT
Doesnt look a hurdler to me boss.
Report Regular Fries March 8, 2013 2:47 PM GMT
this is excellent news
Report Money Tree cost me thousands!! March 8, 2013 3:09 PM GMT
Total tosh not confirmed at all.
Report Graeme83 March 8, 2013 3:30 PM GMT
I'd be suprised if this was the case. Jezki holds CF on all known form.
Report Just So March 8, 2013 3:33 PM GMT
errr - including the piece of form they have at the track Graeme...?
Report Graeme83 March 8, 2013 3:44 PM GMT
Fair enough. I prefer Jezki over CF on this seasons form as he looks a different animal this year.
Report Ming_the_Merciless March 8, 2013 4:02 PM GMT
jezki is getting to a very likeable price - 7.4 on here now - 4.5 with ladsthatarecrookes
Report Graeme83 March 8, 2013 4:08 PM GMT
Ming, i don't have much of an opinion on his price. I simply don't know how he's been training, or how his lay off will effect him. This season has been quite big for horses having long lay offs. I think Rolling Stars connections pretty much summed up the cowardice by saying they didn't want to run him in order to keep the dream alive for as long as possible. We will see what happens, but Jezki shouldn't have been layed off. I will need to watch his races again, as people are saying he's a poor jumper, and i was thinking he a brilliant jumper. He didn't take the last hurdle in his last race, which i think was down to the jockey as much as anything. He didn't look like safe hands.
Report unclepuncle March 8, 2013 4:09 PM GMT
He'll go from the front just like in the bumper last year - catch me and pass me if you can.Devil
Report Graeme83 March 8, 2013 4:12 PM GMT
Fair enough puncle. My perceived thought that Jezki is better over 2m hasn't really taken into consideration the lay off. I always prefer them to getn a run in.
Report sj March 8, 2013 4:19 PM GMT
I'm happy to take Jezki's form over hurdles rather than the bumper.
Report chief dan March 8, 2013 5:23 PM GMT
not being decided till monday more chance of him riding mozoltof than fever but we all now he be riding bulletsCrazy
Report SoYouThink March 8, 2013 6:35 PM GMT
Champagne Fever goes for the AB.
Report Monksfield79 March 8, 2013 7:02 PM GMT
jezki didn't run by choice, that was stated when the cash passed hands. A the time of purchase JP owned both Darlan rip and MTOY and still paid a whopping 500,000, surely he didn't need to unless he's a special one.
Report its a brent thing March 8, 2013 7:08 PM GMT
Jezki bought with chasing in mind. Has no chance in the Supreme. Lay of the week.
Report Monksfield79 March 8, 2013 7:11 PM GMT
Strong statement, not many horses with TWO grade 1s this season running at Cheltenham this year, but heay this one happens to be the lay of the week, well thought out.
Report its a brent thing March 8, 2013 7:13 PM GMT
I'm not asking you to agree with me, I'm giving my opinion.
Report Monksfield79 March 8, 2013 7:16 PM GMT
Sorry it's a brent thing.
Report roobuck March 8, 2013 7:20 PM GMT
Interesting I would have  thought that Jezki was bought as the long term hurdler as they saw MTOY as a chaser of the future at that stage
Report Monksfield79 March 8, 2013 7:23 PM GMT
totally agree roo
Report chief dan March 8, 2013 7:32 PM GMT
there prob both end up as handicapers like most of jpsWink
Report BarryM March 8, 2013 7:36 PM GMT
Jessie H was very sweet on Jezki earlier in the season.
Report chief dan March 8, 2013 7:43 PM GMT
she was sweet on oscars wells an steps to freedom!
Report chief dan March 8, 2013 7:45 PM GMT
over past season was meant to say
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 8, 2013 7:45 PM GMT
i was about to mention steps to freedom.
Report Monksfield79 March 8, 2013 7:51 PM GMT
she doesn't compare jezki to any of her other horses, she thinks he's the best. Not like her but imo all trainers get caught up in the present. Moscow flyer will always be the best she trained.
Report Meade in England March 8, 2013 8:37 PM GMT
I have backed Jezki but did think CF was overpriced last week but the reason for that price was probably the fact bookies trying to tempt more ante post gamblers .Hope the ground softening will help Jezki against CF and the fact he stayed on better than CF up the hill in there last Irish meeting that Jezki won.Only reall bet in the race as will be there for the roar this year.
Report unclepuncle March 8, 2013 8:44 PM GMT
CF is hugely favoured by soft conditions (I've never seen worse ground than when he won at Punchestown).

Jezki out sprinted him in a typically slowly run Irish race and Jessie has been saying all along that Jezki will be better on good ground.

CF may just set the race up for strong traveling types like MOTD or Melodic Renezvous but if the jockey sets the right fractions up front he equally may be very hard to pass like in last years bumper.
Report Monksfield79 March 8, 2013 8:58 PM GMT
I backed CF at 12s b4 he ever ran to win last years bumper, was delighted even though he returned 16s. This year he looks slow as a boat, to me he looks like he was initially schooled over fences, which was the plan and it slowed him down. Horses of same ownership dictated CF plan, but at this stage I think he needs every yard of the 3 mile AB. Not even sure he'll dictate pace this year.
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 8, 2013 9:00 PM GMT
he has always been one paced.
Report Meade in England March 8, 2013 9:00 PM GMT
Like I say no heavy involvement for me had a few quid saver on melodic at 16.4 ,its just about being there for me .
Report chief dan March 8, 2013 9:03 PM GMT
fair plat to u meade theres gonna be some dodgy results with this ground an big chance of false run races due to small fields in champ races
Report I Love Lough Derg March 8, 2013 9:44 PM GMT
What a load of rubbish, if Ruby saddles that donkey Ill bare my ass..... Nayyyyyy! Bring back Lough Derg, he would win the World Hurdle!!
Report Slabster March 9, 2013 12:52 AM GMT
It's a brent thing... Have to disagree re Jezki, looks more a hurdler than a chaser to me.
Report harry callaghan March 9, 2013 7:59 PM GMT
Nicholls confirmed: "Ruby will ride Unioniste and not Boston Bob. He's improved enormously and the soft ground will help him well. He's got a good chance and Ruby is very keen on him."

However, Nicholls has lost the services of Walsh for Dodging Bullets in the opening event of the Festival, the Supreme Novices' Hurdle, confirming that the rider would instead partner Champagne Fever for Mullins.

"It was his decision and the ground made up his mind," said the trainer, who nevertheless reported that Dodging Bullets had "worked great" on Saturday morning.
Report differentdrum March 9, 2013 8:13 PM GMT
More fool him. Bookmakers are already counting the ante-post money from the Neptune and Albert Bartlett and it sounds like they are going to get a bit more mug money in the Supreme thanks to Mr Ricci thinking it was a good idea to sacrifice a Grade 1 winner so that he could have a day out. Walsh is 0 from 2 on the horse and it will be 0 from 3 next Tuesday. Can only think the people talking him up are waiting to lay him at shorter prices.
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby March 9, 2013 11:10 PM GMT
Mr Ricci thinking it was a good idea to sacrifice a Grade 1 winner so that he could have a day out

Crazy
Report itsallaracket March 10, 2013 12:33 AM GMT
Over a week ago Willie M was saying they'd consider AB if ground was drying up. Last Wed on a phone in to Westmanstown preview, he said they were still deciding but owners wanted to go for Supreme. Ruby at that preview went for D Bullets if dry, C Fever if soft. So no surprise if he's on CF. I least I got on at >20s Happy
Report joondalup March 10, 2013 8:20 AM GMT
oh dear the thought of lough dergs bare arse on a sunday morning will put me off me brekkie
Report HaylingBilly March 10, 2013 9:15 AM GMT
I am on Dodging Bullets and I am more concerned about the ground than the jockey. In the Triumph last year Ruby chose Pearl Swan (In rear, ridden after 3rd, never travelled well, still plenty to do 2 out, progress between last 2, 7th about 4 lengths off the pace and staying on when fell last (op 13-2) over Dodging Bullets (finished 4th). Champagne Fever has only ever lost 3 races and 2 of them were the 2 times Ruby rode him. Jacobs is more than capable jockey.
Report unclepuncle March 12, 2013 2:12 PM GMT
Kerching Grin
Report unclepuncle March 12, 2013 2:19 PM GMT
unclepuncle
08 Mar 13 15:09

He'll go from the front just like in the bumper last year - catch me and pass me if you can.Devil

unclepuncle
08 Mar 13 19:44

CF may just set the race up for strong traveling types like MOTD or Melodic Renezvous but if the jockey sets the right fractions up front he equally may be very hard to pass like in last years bumper.

No need to thank me.Laugh
Report SirFresh March 12, 2013 2:34 PM GMT
Dodging Bullets ran an absolute shocker. Maybe Ruby knew there was something up with the horse as it drifted alarmingly as well.
Report OnOffer March 12, 2013 2:36 PM GMT
Ruby just knew who had the better chance.
Report Brooksielad March 12, 2013 10:12 PM GMT
well done CF backers, Arkle 2014 written all over him imo and that time they clocked 3.55 in that dead ground was serious stuff.

Willie Mullins novice chasers next season look hoooooooot.

CF - Arkle
Un Atout - Jewson/RSA
Pont Alexandre - Jewson/RSA
Report Howdi March 12, 2013 10:15 PM GMT
always fecking amazes me when someone maps out their plans with 365 days to go it was only last week we though cF was running in neptune
Report harry callaghan March 12, 2013 11:50 PM GMT
agree howdiLaugh
Report alleged22 March 12, 2013 11:59 PM GMT
best performance of the day imo by CF
Report buddeliea March 13, 2013 6:22 AM GMT
yep,agree alleged,very impressive to do that from the front and in that time as well.
Happy
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 13, 2013 7:24 AM GMT
Happy

The race went exactly how i had dreamt it, CF make all and MTOY would come their but CF would outstay him up the hill.

Was very impressed with CF's jumping, maybe down to the better ground.
Report Brooksielad March 13, 2013 8:14 AM GMT
called it spot on Ibrahima, turned it into a real staying test. Why would anyone have a problem with calling future races ffs it's an ante post forum!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com