Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
onehundredandeighty
08 Mar 13 00:00
| Topic/replies: 2,654 | Blogger: onehundredandeighty's blog
Just one more get up for work in morning then thats it,the weekend to relax,the build up and excitement is here,a whole years waiting gone and now here we go.Desperately hoping this year delivers what has promised.Ante post vouchers in hope yet what i most look forward to is the walk up to the track on Tuesday morning,all that anticipation yet the electric atmosphere.I hope you all have as much fun and enjoyment out of this week as i do....let battle commence Excited
Show More
Report bigblockhead March 8, 2013 12:23 AM GMT
Great Post, it is like a religion i do actually focus a whole year on cheltenham week, some people understand and some think it weird
but you cannot beat the atmosphere and the craic down in cheltenham , must go in with a positive attitude as the odds are stacked against us with large fields and pathetic bookie offers generally but wouldn't change it for the world as you say 4 sleeps then let battle commence.....!
Report BenInOz March 9, 2013 7:43 PM GMT
Disappointed this didn't get more replies so posting a rare comment. All starts with the Imperial for me. Am now into full cheltenham count down mode complete with set rituals that can't change. I love getting to the course early on Tuesday and having a walk around club. Soaking it all in as if its the morning of agincourt or something! The annual average Thai we all have on Monday night is also brilliant as we lay out our ante post portfolios and discuss last minute adjustments. Bring it on.
Report Steamship March 9, 2013 7:50 PM GMT
Hey have a great time gents.
Report Makybe_Diva March 9, 2013 7:59 PM GMT
"you cannot beat the atmosphere and the craic down in cheltenham"

You can't beat the atmosphere and craic in my living room. That's just me on my own!

It's the best week of the year!
Report Howdi March 9, 2013 8:13 PM GMT
Ill be in the Best Mate Marque and I'll gladly buy you a beer....i'm good looking one.
Report SN02 March 9, 2013 8:38 PM GMT
Can not wait - love it all - some people do not understand it . Really struggle to get the time off but would not miss it . The friendliness of the people makes it  - we talk about it all year round - ready to get on the train Monday afternoon for a gr8 couple of days - would love a few winners - will take my son as tradition when h is old enough !
Report onehundredandeighty March 11, 2013 5:56 AM GMT
Thats it im up now.Train to Bristol from east yorkshire today then a couple of calming cold beverages while watching Burnley v Hull city tonight having read every racing publication on the way down to make sure i wasnt aware of anything i might have missed.Weather is a bit of a concern but if i had to go in just my reg grundies you would see me on track! Enjoy it folks and hope you make a few quid Grin
Report Ming_the_Merciless March 11, 2013 6:08 AM GMT

I am ready!
Report onehundredandeighty March 11, 2013 6:21 AM GMT
Haha get in there Ming
Report padlock March 11, 2013 6:28 AM GMT
Happy
Report Steamship March 11, 2013 8:50 AM GMT
You going on your own onehundredand eighty?
Report onehundredandeighty March 11, 2013 8:59 AM GMT
Yeah Steamship,tother arfs a schoolteacher now so she cant come anymore! Meet some lads down on the track but just tend to do my own thing really.The only downside (if there is one) is doing the pubs after racing on me jack!
Report Graeme83 March 11, 2013 9:50 AM GMT
Ming...how did you post yer picture ?
Report Ming_the_Merciless March 11, 2013 12:05 PM GMT
g83

post reply, use button at bottom (insert photo) - select one from one I have uploaded.

to upload - click on your username and go to manage photo's - upload them from your laptop
Report Graeme83 March 11, 2013 12:06 PM GMT
Cheers Ming
Report Steamship March 11, 2013 1:10 PM GMT
onehundredandeighty- All things being well then I will go next year for the full week and I'm in E Yorks, none of my mates that still live around here are interested in going. I was thinking of going on my own this year but funds are tight through other plans in the year.
Report BenInOz March 12, 2013 2:37 AM GMT
A new day dawns. To war.
A new day dawns. To war.
A new day dawns. To war.
Report Colldogg March 12, 2013 4:26 AM GMT
This is way better than christmas eve ever was! I best try and get a few hours kip before the morning line!! Excited
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com