Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
willie the milk
04 Mar 13 19:57
| Topic/replies: 770 | Blogger: willie the milk's blog
Just been told Hills going 7-1 Jezki tomorrow morning at 9.00.
Anyone heard?
Pause Switch to Standard View Hills going 7s Jezki tomorrow
Show More
Report PedroPete12 March 4, 2013 7:59 PM GMT
Yep, just got a message from them saying that
Report Graeme83 March 4, 2013 8:05 PM GMT
What time do they ban you all ? Laugh
Report festivalfanatic March 4, 2013 8:06 PM GMT
I can never work out whether these offers are just marketing, or if indeed the herding instinct of bookmakers means that horses are shortened up as a result of someone laying a bet, whether or not they have any liabilities at that price themselves. Retrospectively, they then think they should lay some on the basis that if they don't actually have any liabilities, they can't make any money.........or maybe I'm just a cynical old barsteward!Laugh
Report Mister Westsound March 4, 2013 8:24 PM GMT
It's an obvious horse to take on (as was the Fly).  If they are going to take any more on my next prediction would be Overturn.

Let's see them go evs Quevega Laugh
Report Graeme83 March 4, 2013 8:28 PM GMT
I'd rather have 7s on Jezki than Evs on Quevega
Report Mister Westsound March 4, 2013 8:34 PM GMT
So would I but the point I was trying to make is that it is highly unlikely they are going to want to take on a short priced fav in an uncompetitive event.  It's not hard to see why the are enhancing the prices they have done.
Report Graeme83 March 4, 2013 8:45 PM GMT
It may not be easy to see why they are doing it, but it's a free play to lay for some folk, or simply just an enhanced price. Ladrokes are something like 5/1...sportingbet were best at 5/1. So tomorrows offer is a very good one. I've used up my chips, so it's a no from me, but i certainly wouldn't put others off.
Report Graeme83 March 4, 2013 8:45 PM GMT
Ladbrokes are 5/2 i meant to type
Report Ramruma March 4, 2013 8:53 PM GMT
It may or may not be significant (we shall see as the week progresses) that these run on the Tuesday, so even if Hurricane Fly and Jezki hose up, most punters will leave the winnings in their Hills accounts in order to bet (and lose) on the other three days.
Report Graeme83 March 4, 2013 8:57 PM GMT
If they are that type of punter, they will lose it anyway, regardless of what the price is or who it's with.
Report dsmith10 March 5, 2013 5:18 PM GMT
anybody take any of the 7/1?
Report Monksfield79 March 5, 2013 5:31 PM GMT
dual G1 winner, form an orderly queue and don't be greedy. Ensure it lasts till 10am.
Report willsford March 5, 2013 5:58 PM GMT
I got offered 5 e/w !!
Report tommycockles March 5, 2013 6:10 PM GMT
long run 10/1 tomorrow's offering
Report Graeme83 March 5, 2013 6:28 PM GMT
Big prices. By the way, you have to laugh at the folk moaning about not being able to get a bigger bet on. They're enhanced, whatever you can get on them is a bonus. I won't be taking any prices, but i recognize it's reasonable as look as they aren't being framed by the bookies who could end up reducing them for arbing.
Report mrs patel March 5, 2013 6:31 PM GMT
i was wondering why long run has suddenly drifted that is explaining it. i have been saying prayers daily that they are giving enhanced odds for pont alexandre this week.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com