Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
andy85
05 Feb 13 15:02
| Topic/replies: 940 | Blogger: andy85's blog
Does anybody know what the festival target is for Defy Logic?  I see he is in the Albert Bartlett and Neptune.  Would imagine Neptune more likely based on him running over 2 miles today I doubt they would step up to 3 miles.

Looks a serious horse and 16/1 looks a good price to me for the Neptune.

Also are any bookies no runner no bet yet for the festival?
Show More
Report buddeliea February 5, 2013 4:57 PM GMT
Really hope its Neptune as backed him ages ago at nice price after watching his impressive bumper.
Also backed him for Supreme but he was not in entries which surprised me to be honest.
Report buddeliea February 5, 2013 5:32 PM GMT
That was very impressive today.
Must be a big player in the Neptune i reckon.
Report buddeliea February 6, 2013 12:55 PM GMT
Owner dont have many entered in the Neptune,Waheeb and Fishers Cross only ones as far as i can see.FC will surely run in the AB,so really think DL is Neptune bound.
Report andy85 February 6, 2013 8:32 PM GMT
I've backed him at 25/1 with a bookie offering free bet if it doesn't run.  I'm surprised how under the radar his run yesterday has gone.  The horse who fell at the last in the race yesterday was no slouch, but was going to be beaten 10-20 lengths on the bridle if he stayed on his feet.  I'm hoping i'm correct in thinking this horse could be special.
Report fearless punter February 6, 2013 8:53 PM GMT
Gave the well-regarded Mad Brian 15lbs and what would have been a thrashing. Jumped ok, fiddled a few but that's no bad thing (will have learned a lot) and no surprise to see him improve massively for experience. 20-1 for the Neptune? Yes please.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y February 6, 2013 9:11 PM GMT
Only problem in my opinion is his trainer is bloody special Cry
Report Joist February 12, 2013 11:20 AM GMT
Has anyone heard any further news as to this one's participation in the Neptune? I read that they'll leave it to connections, but 30+ seems a very big price if the horse is going for the race. Unless I'm getting carried away in thinking that a maiden winner is a big price for a novice championship event Crazy
Report buddeliea February 12, 2013 7:35 PM GMT
Backed him on here ages ago,and just had another with the vc offer(nrfb)25's,wont be that if he turns up in the Neptune.
Report Joist February 23, 2013 11:45 AM GMT
Runs over 2m at Naas tomorrow. Very hot race imo:

Defy Logic
Don Cossack
Moscow Mannon
Art of Logistics
The Tullow Tank
Annie Power
Diplomat
Report andy85 February 23, 2013 5:02 PM GMT
Backed him at 2/1 tomorrow with champ going over to ride.  Hoping he wins and heads to the top of the market for the Neptune.
Report Graeme83 February 23, 2013 9:41 PM GMT
If you really want to **** defy logic, then i dare you to defy logic, and point out a race where Ladrokes arent the ****g worst price of all the bookies.
Report Mr Eboue February 23, 2013 9:50 PM GMT
Graeme you are like the guy at the bar that is butting into every conversation with inane drivel.

Log off and come back when you have something worthwhile to say.
Report Graeme83 February 23, 2013 9:52 PM GMT
Piss off Eboue, you are like the guy at the bar who has no money left, in other words you have no horse racing or general equine knowledge, so you hang about and evesdrop, in the hope you learn something. You are below me like the ground floor.
Report Mister Westsound February 24, 2013 10:59 AM GMT
Love the RP analysis of it's last run - reads like the owner and trainer wrote it themselves !  Hot race today but a win for Defy Logic could well see it propelled into the mix.  Interesting day for the Neptune market.
Report andy85 February 24, 2013 4:39 PM GMT
Disappointed Defy Logic couldn't win today.  Annie Power looks very decent indeed.

Not sure what connections of Defy Logic have decided if anything, but Annie Power is swerving the festival so I would still be hopeful with Defy Logic.  He has beaten Don Cossack and Moscow Mannon easily and they are no slouches.
Report Joist February 24, 2013 4:43 PM GMT
He was keen, too, and it's just his 2nd hurdles run of his life. Initially I was disappointed but having thought about it more it's pretty encouraging. I do think he'd be better off for a step up in trip
Report andy85 February 24, 2013 4:48 PM GMT
He's generally shortened in the market looking at odds checker for the Neptune.  Fingers crossed they give it a go
Report Mister Westsound February 24, 2013 7:48 PM GMT
History will prove that the horse DL lost to today will be a special mare imo.  Decent run and a step up to 2 and a half plus a change of tactics (assuming the horse settles better) and I feel he at least deserves to take his chance.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com