Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ADR_Brentford
29 Jan 13 14:38
| Topic/replies: 208 | Blogger: ADR_Brentford's blog
what are peoples thoughts on this one in terms of potential and likely targets?

i see he is entered for a couple of races next week.

his beating of melodic rendezvous off levels reads well now, as does his second to kings lad when showing signs of temperament/greenness

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 65
By:
Graeme83
When: 29 Jan 13 16:11
Maybe a handicap plot. 2 runs(one good win and a defeat suprise suprise), a good break then a run on a lower key track like Foss Lass to get a handicap mark.
By:
ADR_Brentford
When: 29 Jan 13 16:29
something like the county then you think graeme? no chance of this one turning up in the supreme?
By:
Graeme83
When: 29 Jan 13 16:39
Yeah it could potentially be a county horse, although many would appear to think Mr Watson is their county plot. I should forget about calling it an intentional plot, as in the second race the horse wasn't behaving himself, and his head was veering all over the place. It could be the case that if they settle him and get a decent mark for him, that he could be one to look out for.
By:
ADR_Brentford
When: 29 Jan 13 16:49
agreed, nothing fishy about the run behind kings lad last time. Kings Lad is a horse i like a lot and his run behind mr watson on saturday was very pleasing considering he was the only horse to really try and go with the winner. the other placed horses came from way off the pace and Dildar who went with mr watson and kings lad approaching two out was legless on the run in.
By:
Graeme83
When: 29 Jan 13 17:06
You could get a good laugh if he went to Musselburugh, watching Mr Mole and Divers in the jockeys oscar actors category for non trier of the year awards.
By:
ADR_Brentford
When: 29 Jan 13 17:10
jockey wont need to act on Divers. surely wont go a jot on this ground. which should be perfect to get him down a couple more lb's
By:
Graeme83
When: 29 Jan 13 17:12
'He doesn't act on heavy ground' is plot talk for we know the ground is gonnae be pish anyway, so we will use it as an excuse in the hope we can atribute any good performance to better ground. He acted on heavy in France, parle vous Francais monsieur ?
By:
ADR_Brentford
When: 29 Jan 13 17:24
i see your point, but if this horse is going to win a competitive handicap at the festival he is going to need good ground. imo of course.
By:
thesecret
When: 01 Feb 13 02:16
regarding his beating of Melodic....I went to Exeter that day with the intention of having a decent punt on MR, but when they came in the paddock he looked terrible, as if he had just been woken up in his box,his coat was dull and generally didn't look ready, it's a credit to him that he ran so well, JS had obviously left plenty to work on..I instantly pulled the plug and backed Mr Mole, but I wouldn't use that run as a form line,I'm confident that if they were to meet anytime soon Melodic Rendezvous would be well ahead...
By:
sintonian
When: 01 Feb 13 22:32
does anyone know the record of first season hurdlers in the County Hurdle?? I don't know about anyone else but that is the last type of horse I look for in the County. It is a ferocious race where really you want a mixture of exposure,class,form.
By:
Workforce
When: 02 Feb 13 13:15
sint - seem to remember desert quest winning it as a novice not too far back? and ouninpohja went close. both trained by nicholls so evidently likes to have a go at it.
By:
flyingbolt
When: 02 Feb 13 17:41
Novices have won the County on numerous ocaasions,Sintonian.
By:
flyingbolt
When: 02 Feb 13 17:43
What's the connection between Mr Watson/Mr Mole, Graeme83 ?

Different trainer/different owner imo.
By:
Graeme83
When: 02 Feb 13 17:48
No connection. Some people see Mr watson as their(the punters) county horse. I think he ran in white/pink silks or something. I can't remember.
By:
ADR_Brentford
When: 02 Feb 13 18:09
They both have form with Kings Lad also Flyingbolt
By:
dj876
When: 02 Feb 13 18:21
No relationship between Derrick Smyth and Jp.Mcmanus??
By:
flyingbolt
When: 02 Feb 13 18:49
Dunno, you tell me.
His name is Smith btw.
By:
dj876
When: 02 Feb 13 18:55
So pedantic about such a detail,yet no knowledge to back it up.
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 02 Feb 13 19:48
THEY are all connected fb
By:
grinch
When: 02 Feb 13 20:11
was entered for a handicap at taunton  cant remember his rating 131?
By:
sintonian
When: 04 Feb 13 16:18
ok fair do's folks. I remember Desert Quest, 4/1 fav iirc.
By:
Graeme83
When: 07 Feb 13 15:37
He won well enough today at Tauton. He still looks a bit green, and he looks a chaser already. I'd say he might be a county hurdle sort to me, so it will be interesting to see what the handicaper does.
By:
ADR_Brentford
When: 07 Feb 13 18:43
I agree with that. Especially liked the way he jumped the second last. Made a lovely shape and looked a horse with plenty left in the tank. Interesting to see what the handicapper does now
By:
Workforce
When: 07 Feb 13 20:36
"looked a horse with plenty left in the tank"

You think???? One of the easiest winners of the season
By:
Graeme83
When: 12 Feb 13 13:56
He has been given a rating of 126 lol...even though he won doing handstands, whilst giving something like 9 pounds to a horses that is only rated 2 pounds below him. I'll need a little bit of assistance here. Would he need something like 130 to get into the county, or can they put them in there and jsut take the weight of a 130 rated horse ?
By:
ADR_Brentford
When: 12 Feb 13 14:32
bottom rated for county last year was 132 i think
By:
Graeme83
When: 12 Feb 13 14:43
ADR i haven't backed many of the bottom rated handicappers before. Is it possible that this horse would be allowed to carry the weight of a 132 horse ?
By:
ADR_Brentford
When: 12 Feb 13 15:21
if he were to get a run in the race then he would just race from out of the weights. but id be amazed if he were to get a run.

unless of course he has another race and goes up another 6 of 7 lbs.

thats my understanding of the situation, but im sure one of the older, wiser heads of the forum can confirm what i have said or call me an idiot.
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 12 Feb 13 16:40
He won off 126 on 7/2/13, surely going to go up at least 9lbs. (i would think more)
By:
Graeme83
When: 12 Feb 13 16:56
Thanks Ibrahima. I thought it was his third run over hurdles to get his rating.
By:
duncan idaho
When: 14 Feb 13 18:20
up 10lb
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 14 Feb 13 19:13
thanks duncan
By:
ADR_Brentford
When: 14 Feb 13 19:58
Cheers Duncan. Seems fair enough but I'm sure that's a workable mark. Looking forward to see where he is entered up
By:
kelami
When: 15 Feb 13 13:37
Still seriously well handicapped.
By:
flyingbolt
When: 15 Feb 13 14:46
Very interesting horse. Not sure about Cheltenham but he looks tailor made for the Imperial Cup.
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 15 Feb 13 20:17
JP having a conference call late last year.

JP: Hello mr Henderson, what do you have to tell me?
NH: You know that horse that you purchased for 200k and we thought it was good, well its an a superstar, it will win the betfair and then the supreme in a canter. Plus Darlan will win the champion.
JP: Happy days
JP: Mr Nicholls ?
PN: Yes
JP: you know that top class novice you have, its now a handicapper.
PN: ok, no problem.
JP: I will buy you new french one.
PN: cheers.
JP: Can it take 2 races in 4 days ?
PN: Dont know enough about him to be certain, best to load up on the first race.
JP: Cheers.
By:
Mr Eboue
When: 15 Feb 13 20:44
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
Graeme83
When: 20 Feb 13 16:59
"There's no great plot with Mr Mole. He's still very green and I don't think he's ready for something like the County Hurdle."

That's what Paul has said. Well, that's that, although i think he will be one to keep an eye on next season. I like the look of it.
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 20 Feb 13 18:13
So according to PN it wont be entered in the county hurdle, we shall see.....
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com