Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Far From Trouble
25 Jan 13 23:11
| Topic/replies: 16,134 | Blogger: Far From Trouble's blog
Sam Winner off 140 - how far? ConfusedCoolCool
Pause Switch to Standard View PERTEMPS FINAL
Show More
Report zilzal1 January 25, 2013 11:22 PM GMT
I still have nightmares about the TriumphSad on at decent pricesCry
Report sintonian January 27, 2013 11:43 AM GMT
Should be running in the Queen Alexander Stakes at Royal Ascot. Tongue Out
Report GoldCupWinner January 27, 2013 11:55 AM GMT
I backed him in the Triumph too. His 15 length slamming of Grandeout looked really good but he was struggling very early on although did come 4th in the end I think.
Report GoldCupWinner January 27, 2013 11:58 AM GMT
As long as the ground is not soft then I'd hav to agree with your bet.
Report TITCH 1 January 28, 2013 7:50 PM GMT
On at 8,s but still think the 7,s good value, expected shorter after Fridays win.
Report GoldCupWinner January 28, 2013 8:14 PM GMT
Aintree apart when probably over the top his two worst performances have been on soft so would want to avoid that. Not sure he is the most genuine either but definitely has the ability and the cheltenham form to make this mark look extremely attractive. Shapes as though he will stay.
Report Brooksielad January 28, 2013 8:24 PM GMT
watch his triumph hurdle run, he runs on like an express train, was such a weird run.
Report sintonian January 31, 2013 3:54 PM GMT
I don't doubt that Sam Winner is potentially well handicapped off 140, but how does he find himself as favourite ? He is unproven at the trip and is coming from a jumpers bumper. Weird profile for this race.
Report Ibrahima Sonko January 31, 2013 5:00 PM GMT
Trip is a concern but the form of the triumph is a strong as many a triumph, 3 horses in front of him.

Zarkandar 168+
Unaccompanied 155
Grandouet 166

Sam Winner looks like he wants at least 2m5f so off 140 he is still very attractive.
Report Brooksielad January 31, 2013 5:44 PM GMT
I must admit he looks like he wants a trip, think his triumph run proved that, he was taken off his feet. Think he could be a stayers prospect next season.
Report splinterboy82 January 31, 2013 7:00 PM GMT
I notice Jonjo has Shut The Front Door entered in sundays qualifier in ireland.....what's he up to then lol
Report nalky February 5, 2013 9:57 PM GMT
shut the front door goes at carlisle tomorrow if meeting goes ahead
Report nalky February 5, 2013 9:58 PM GMT
jonjo will win the final at the festival but not with shut the front door tho..
Report thegibbons February 24, 2013 11:17 AM GMT
test
Report thegibbons February 24, 2013 11:19 AM GMT
Someone likes Holywell,but Storm Survivor has a look about him.
Report Far From Trouble March 13, 2013 10:37 PM GMT
Come on Sam don't let me down tomorrow ShockedSilly
Report BarryM March 13, 2013 11:17 PM GMT
He's run over 2m6 and was going on at the end, despite pretty obviously not being "off". He's crying out for 3m imho. I jjust hope the new course has dried out enough for him, he's a real good ground horse, even GS is a problem to him. His unusual profile is, I think,just because his handicap mark was being protected.  Quite what the handicapper was smoking when he put him on 140 I don't know, be he should have a stone more at least.
Report kavvie March 13, 2013 11:22 PM GMT
the handicapper doesnt make too many mistakes.certainly hasnt a stone in hand.he might win but if he has a stone in hand he will win 12l hard held?
Report DukeofMarmalade March 13, 2013 11:30 PM GMT
No he won't, most big handicaps particularly at Cheltenham are won by a horse with 10lbs plus in hand. If for arguments sake he does have a stone in hand then he stands a good chance of winning but he'd still be a long way from being a cert and it would be very unlikely to be clear cut. It wouldn't be implausible that he could still lose with that much in hand.
Report johntucker March 13, 2013 11:49 PM GMT
Shutthefrontdoor still unexposed and sure to get the trip IMO.
Report nocturnal March 14, 2013 12:00 AM GMT
Think the Duke sums it up well,he may well benefit from the step up,as ever though there will be a searching gallop and he will need to stay every yard.Just wondering if he might be a smoke screen for his less fancied stablemate?

A trilogy dotted up in the county off 135 2009.Looks like he needs a trip these days,and he was always quirky,tomorrow set to run off 136 minus the 5lb claim.The other point worth mentioning is the blinkers are back on,worth a second glance.

GL
Report Penguin Keeper March 14, 2013 11:00 AM GMT
I'm with nocturnal here.The first time Trilogy has had decent ground over 3 miles with his favoured blinkers on.Clearly goes well on this track.Creeps into race late and runs a huge race imo.Time will tell.
Report Brooksielad March 14, 2013 2:13 PM GMT
nicholls horses :S
Report Far From Trouble March 14, 2013 2:25 PM GMT
good grief Sad
Report Mr Eboue March 14, 2013 2:26 PM GMT
Hard luck pal. Its awful when you cant even get excited and cheer them on over the last.
Report Far From Trouble March 14, 2013 2:35 PM GMT
Had Captain Sunshine in doubles with a few later on LaughSad

Shaping up to be worst festival ever Sad
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com