Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Howdi
21 Dec 12 19:08
| Topic/replies: 29,355 | Blogger: Howdi's blog
Coming here for the King George by the looks of it.
Pause Switch to Standard View Sir Desmond Champs
Show More
Report resner not lesnar December 21, 2012 7:16 PM GMT
Really? Where you heard that. I didn't expect that if its true. Adds a further dimension to the KG though
Report Howdi December 21, 2012 7:17 PM GMT
into 9s for KG looks 60-40 he'll be coming to me
Report resner not lesnar December 21, 2012 9:12 PM GMT
I'll believe when I see it. I never get the impression that Mullins is keen to bring his big shots over for Christmas as they usually run at Leopardstown
Report Howdi December 21, 2012 9:20 PM GMT
MAY WANT TO AVOID THE BEAST
Report judorick December 21, 2012 9:20 PM GMT
great news if true
Report Howdi December 21, 2012 9:22 PM GMT
7S FOR THE LEXUS NOW HE IS COMING !!!!
Report judorick December 21, 2012 9:26 PM GMT
awesome
Report fearless punter December 22, 2012 6:13 AM GMT
I might be in love with Sir Des Champs. To me he's the one that could be the total bollocks. Jumps cleverly, economically. Scopey, with an old-school, you'll never bottom him stride. An athlete. Ok, it could be that SDC'S form ain't that great, I know, but in Flemenstar's race LTO, when SDC was nowhere near ready(the betting),I loved the way he..was. Flemenstar is top class, and might be better than SDC, but I don't think so, and I think SDC's fans will be vindicated in the races that really matter.
Report buddeliea December 22, 2012 8:51 AM GMT
so why ??
avoiding Flemenstar?
easier race?
whatever,it will add to the race for sure
Report chelters16 December 22, 2012 9:06 AM GMT
I really like SDC but imho Flemenstar is the better horse but has yet to prove it at Cheltenham.........but I feel SDC will be in Flemenstars shadow oh and BW may just be their master as well.
Report maelduin December 22, 2012 11:11 AM GMT
IMO there is only one plausible reason for running in the KG and that's, they want to avoid Flemenstar. They're running scared. Scared
Report Eeternaloptimist December 22, 2012 2:36 PM GMT
Price suggests not.
Report Eeternaloptimist December 22, 2012 2:47 PM GMT
RP says Lexus.
Report Howdi December 22, 2012 3:01 PM GMT
Cry poor s0ds taking 7s last night!!!
Report gutfeeling December 22, 2012 4:16 PM GMT
Hope you traded out Howdi.
Report Leonardo December 22, 2012 4:21 PM GMT
Classic from Mullins & Henderson.you would 'nae wanna play poker against 'emPlain
Report Howdi December 23, 2012 10:15 AM GMT
I didn't indule pal Hendo & Mullins avoid like the plague Cool
Report Desmond Orchard December 28, 2012 3:40 PM GMT
Jumped poorly today and still stuck on to be within a length of winning. If they sort his fencing out, he would be the one to take out of the race for the CGC. However, the Hennesey form doesn't look too shabby now, does it?
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y December 28, 2012 3:48 PM GMT
I thought he ran a brilliant Gold Cup trial today, as said that's as bad as he has ever jumped and he was still only beat 1/2L
Report sj December 28, 2012 3:52 PM GMT
Weird race, Thought he never looked happy today. Would never of thought he won a 2 and a half mile race on good ground round Cheltenham watching that/ He made loads of ground then another two mistakes then stayed on again. Dont know what to make of it
Report bluebirdfan December 28, 2012 3:58 PM GMT
Jumped dreadfully today
Report duffy December 28, 2012 3:58 PM GMT
Go back to the start of this season and as an SDC supporter ask yourself if you'd have settled with his first 2 runs this season, take into account the whopping hype and expectation that was expected from him....no, I wouldn't have took it either!!
Report wellchief December 28, 2012 4:06 PM GMT
I backed SDC straight after his Jewson win at 12's.

Would I take 12's on him now?  Not a chance, let alone the 6 - 8/1 he currently is.

Flemenstar on the other hand...I am tempted by the 16.5 for the Gold Cup.  Good ground and held up slightly more, I thought he ran a great race today - many will disagree but he is the one I'd take out of it for the Gold Cup
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y December 28, 2012 4:10 PM GMT
Took the 12s after his Jewson victory, have been co nstantly backing him and took the 8s after todays race too. His error at the first down the back was a shocker and he jumped poorly after that but i was really impressed at how he stuck to it. I never thought i'd have been happy with him finishing 4th today but down to the circumstances i'm happy with his performance (bar his jumping), on better ground at the festival i'd be more than hopeful he will jump the way he did last year.
Report sj December 28, 2012 4:11 PM GMT
I'd aim Flemenstar at the Ryanair, he emptied soon as he was let down, chuck in teh extra 2f and the hill.First Lueit would be the one I'd take if any today
Report wellchief December 28, 2012 4:22 PM GMT
Yeah SJ, saw the quotes about maybe dropping in back in trip, and the markets certainly suggest that.

It did look like he didn't stay, but he was beaten by 1/2 length by the winner (who'd stay about 4 miles), and only a head to FL and SDC.  At one point it looked like FL would sail past him, but Flemenstar battled back once FL got upsides.

If they held on to him a bit longer (until after the final fence) and on good ground, I think he'd have a huge chance.

However, its probably irrelevant, because he probably will head to the Ryanair now.
Report duffy December 28, 2012 4:53 PM GMT
Flemenstar has added to his reputation today, even in defeat, the way he travelled on that slop was incredible, I don't really like the ryannair ,but if they aim him at that race I think he will blow the field away, cue card finians sizing, the whole lot of emGrin
Report duffy December 28, 2012 4:55 PM GMT
Don't think they can realistically consider the GC now, yes he may have won if he didn't miss out the last and he was covered up more but add in the extra distance and hill at cheltenham and it's a big worry, so the ryannair and next years King George for me.
Report Graeme83 December 28, 2012 5:02 PM GMT
Willie Mullins isn't a trainer i'd send a top chaser to. Since i've been watching trainers they have always had horses performing poorly over the bigger obtsacles. They missed a trick at kempton, and the horse wasn't that good today. The horse should definitely be pushed out to 10s at least. It's not a coincedence.
Report jasey December 28, 2012 5:19 PM GMT
You will know more about SDC after he runs in the irish hennessy.
I wouldn't touch flemenstar at chelt,i think good ground and a fast pace will be a negative
Report chelters16 December 28, 2012 6:17 PM GMT
Flemenstar can be safely laid for all Cheltenham races as his ass wont leave the emerald isle this season (nap),ran a exceptional race today but blatant non-stayer for GC+ given the chances of soft ground at the festival will stay home.
Report festivalfanatic December 28, 2012 7:06 PM GMT
Either Willie is playing a very clever game or maybe the horse isn't what was expected of him. Could just be a Cheltenham horse and the spring and better ground will galvanise him. After his mistake in the back straight (lost at least 5 lengths), he did really well to finish so close. Three and a quarter miles should hold no fears for him and he is still a real possible for me.
Report unclepuncle December 28, 2012 9:21 PM GMT
Last years Cheltenham novice chase form looks exceptional (Arkle, Jewson and RSA). Will be hugely disappointing if Bobs Worth or SDC dosen't progress past the old guard.

The Ryanair could be the race of the meeting if all the obvious candidates go for it (Cue Card, Champion Court, Captain Chris, Flemenstar, Grand Cru, First Lieutenant etc).Cool
Report Swardean December 29, 2012 12:20 AM GMT
^^^^
Dont forget the winner, Albertas Run
Report buddeliea December 29, 2012 7:55 AM GMT
ould never forget him Swardean,but over the years i have been glad others do!!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com