Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FOYLESWAR
08 Dec 12 17:50
| Topic/replies: 21,612 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
this is the thread to post those festival ante post multiples up
,went close to winning life changing money a few seasons back 3 winners and almost £24,000 running on to cooldine CryCryCryCryCryCry at 16s in imperial commanders gold cup ,won good money on the doubles and trebles but the acca would have been a life changer .
i dont usually start finalising bets till after xmas  but i know a few of you will have already put some on .
a festival acca at decent prices will keep you dreaming of a massive win in the months or weeks up untill the festival, (and as the great captain sensible once sung , if you dont have a dream ,how you gonna make a dream come true ) for a relativley small outlay you could hit the big time .post em up on here and UNLEASH HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on those bookmakers
Pause Switch to Standard View cheltenham festival antepost...
Show More
Report Howdi December 8, 2012 7:23 PM GMT
ill start double up Sacre and the Bucks
Report Glossy December 8, 2012 7:40 PM GMT
Bit risky that Howdi, why not chuck in Quevega Happy
Report FOYLESWAR December 8, 2012 7:51 PM GMT
do em each way howdi lad ,dont wanna take too many chances Laugh
Report SN02 December 8, 2012 8:09 PM GMT
Had a couple of dabbles so far : Tistory Snh , Overturn Arkle , Grandourt ch , Boston Bob - rsa and Un Atout snh , Captain Conan - Arkle , cinders ch , Ambion Wood - rsa - will be happy if some of them actually run this season at the moment !
Report bluebirdfan December 8, 2012 8:11 PM GMT
The £5 each way doubles and trebles usually go on when I am bored on Christmas Day evening; Bobs Worth and TeaForThree was the only one to land last year (6/1 and 12/1)
Report johntucker December 8, 2012 8:35 PM GMT
I've various permutations of Al Ferof, Sir Des Champs, New Approach, Olympic Glory & Toronado. I usually dabble if I'd had a winning weekend. So it's for small stakes. Plain
Report FOYLESWAR December 8, 2012 8:38 PM GMT
with the multiples i always put double stakes on the each way acca example 6 x tenner win doubles 4 xtenner trebles and a 20 pound each way acca ,because if you do get 4 winners you need to make it count ,and a place acca  at good prices can give ya a pleasant suprise .
Report FOYLESWAR December 8, 2012 8:40 PM GMT
important this ........dont do ya each way multis with BILLY HILLS they only pay 1/5 th odds on non handicaps !
Report TITCH 1 December 8, 2012 9:44 PM GMT
Got my yankee up, problem is 5 months too early !

Waaheb 14-1 Supreme
Overturn 12-1 Arkle
Far West 25-1 Triumph
Bobs Worth 8-1 Gold Cup

EW Yankee, with my experiences i'll be surprised if 3 of them make their races but no harm dreaming !
Report Brooksielad December 8, 2012 10:37 PM GMT
Oscars Well Arkle
Conti Gold Cup
My Tent Or Yours Supreme
The Fly Champ Hurdle
Report Howdi December 8, 2012 10:48 PM GMT
ill give you an ante post wager.....................

First Lieutenant to be placed in the Gold Cup.
Report Howdi December 8, 2012 10:49 PM GMT
and I think Hurricane Fly is a greade A LAY.
Report HaylingBilly December 9, 2012 10:07 AM GMT
Howdi - a thought. Do you think The Giggy Crew will want to run First Lt in the Ryanair. I think they have worked out he cant beat Bobs Worth over 3m+ and Micheal Ryan sponsors the Ryanair so I am sure he would like to win it. Also Sir Des Champs is their number one Gold Cup horse. I am gambling on this logic and put a decent wager on First Lt for the Ryanair which I think he has a great chance in. ........... and I would lay Hurricane Fly all day in Champion Hurdle and thats if he gets there in one piece.
Report Brooksielad December 9, 2012 12:29 PM GMT
The champion hurdle field is awful, how could you lay him at 5/1????
Report HaylingBilly December 9, 2012 1:03 PM GMT
You think so ? Stronger than last year for me. Last years winner here again plus hopefully a fit Zarkander, a fit Grandouet plus 3 decent looking novices from last years Festival - Cinders, Countrywide Flame and Darlan.........plus of course Bino and could Peddlers (might be stretching the imagination) make an appearance or even Oscar Whisky if it gets soft...............I dont feel as strong as Howdi but I would lay HF.
Report bluebirdfan December 9, 2012 1:12 PM GMT
And possibly Grumeti who beat Countrywide Flame at Aintree and ran him close at Cheltenham
Report Brooksielad December 9, 2012 2:27 PM GMT
I'm under the impression the supreme and Neptune were very poor. The triumph is holding up, but I'm not a fan of the 4 year olds soon to turn 5 year olds lining up in the champion hurdle the year after. The fly ran very flat last march and with a handier ride this season, I can't see any of the novices getting past the fly this season.
Report Howdi December 9, 2012 4:30 PM GMT
wouldnt argue with anything there hayling.
Report Howdi December 9, 2012 4:31 PM GMT
am i the only person who thinks Go Native would have beaten The Fly last time out?
Report Brooksielad December 9, 2012 5:04 PM GMT
I get the feeling Fly would of just held him off all the way to line. Who knows, such a shame for go native, fancied him to come over and win fighting fift and christmas hurdle.
Report gutfeeling December 9, 2012 6:05 PM GMT
Arkle-Oscars Well 10/1
RSA-Back In Back 14/1-16/1
Bumper-Champagne James 20/1
Foxhunters-Salsify 10/1

Fill ya boots
Report FOYLESWAR December 11, 2012 7:19 PM GMT
just put on my 1st chelt multiple of the season  at joes ... champ hdle zarkandar 7s,arkle oscars well 12s ,rsa dedigout 16s 3x1pt win doubles and a 2.5 pts e.way treble ........have them all backed in singles at bigga prices on here !
Report Howdi December 11, 2012 8:16 PM GMT
back in back ????

Back in front Cool
Report Govan Spoonful December 11, 2012 10:52 PM GMT
Out of Focus ..... or maybe Back In.
Report gutfeeling December 12, 2012 12:41 AM GMT
Back In Focus *Hides glass of whiskey*
Report Luke01 December 16, 2012 9:40 AM GMT
Champion Hurdle -  Grandouet 12-1
Champion Chase - Sprinter Sacre 1-1
Rynair - Al Ferof 12-1
Gold Cup - Bobs Worth 9-1

My Lucky 15.. Hopefully one may win..
Report Tractor December 16, 2012 10:40 AM GMT
King George - Cue Card 7/1
Champion Hurdle - Zarkander 8/1
Champion Chase - Sprinter Sacre 1/2
World Hurdle - Big Bucks 4/6
Gold Cup - Flemenstar 4/1

Total acc 900/1

Which one will let me down?
Report grw123 December 16, 2012 1:48 PM GMT
£20 Accumulator (7) To Win £39,076
The Gold Cheongsam @ 5/2 (GP) 11/4 won
Sir Prancealot @ 11/4 won
Sir Graham Wade @ 7/4 (GP) 9/4 won
Certify @ 11/8 (GP) won
Simonsig @ 3/1Arkle Chase Pending
Quevega @ evens Mares Hurdle Pending
Sprinter Sacre @ 5/4 2013 Queen Mother Champion Chase Pending
Report SN02 December 16, 2012 4:33 PM GMT
I'd be laying the ass of simonsig now grw !
Report coupers December 16, 2012 4:48 PM GMT
A Nice looking bet grw123.You more than most,will be itching to see Simonsig jump a fence.
Perhaps on the appropriate thread,you could explain how you feel about its late start.Always interested in opinions,when there is plenty at stake.Good Luck.
Report roobuck December 16, 2012 5:23 PM GMT
I'd agree with SN02
Report grw123 December 16, 2012 6:23 PM GMT
not a layer myself, it goes against the grain a little bit, i subscribe to the "all or b*^#*er-all school of betting". as to the late start simonsig in reality if he goes to ascot on friday will only be 12 days behind sprinter sacre last year so no real worries and the vibes i feel are still more positive than negative so looking forward with a fair degree of optimism for now.
Report coupers December 16, 2012 7:02 PM GMT
Let a wave of positive vibes take you all the way to the race.A life changeing sum,most would agree.
Report bluebirdfan December 16, 2012 7:11 PM GMT
Lovely bet that mate; its hard to judge but for the sake of losing £20 I'd let it run
Report FOYLESWAR December 16, 2012 7:24 PM GMT
good luck grw 123 the nerves will kick in if you get the 1st 2 of them up ,the bet i reffered to in the thread i had to wait 2 days untill the gold cup with a  small fortune possible ,slep about 3 hours in those 2 nights and was in a daze on the friday thinking about a possible life changer ,went close but what a buzz, best of luck and will make sure the thread is bumped for the festival and sure most on the forum will be cheering them on ,good luck lad .
Report roobuck December 16, 2012 7:25 PM GMT
If that's the way you play grw....all the best, hope all 3 turn up and give you a run at the very least Love
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com