Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
13 Mar 12 21:21
| Topic/replies: 5,601 | Blogger: liberator of the oppressed's blog
How did the times stand up today please. Interested in Rock on and the obvious Sacre in comparison to previous years as well.
Pause Switch to Standard View You time boffs ...
Show More
Report GoldCupWinner March 13, 2012 8:23 PM GMT
I know Sacre's win was faster than last years QM. I would be quite confident of it being faster than tomorrows too. :-)
Report judorick March 13, 2012 8:28 PM GMT
haven't done it yet but you are right on time SS and ROR standout head and shoulders above the rest (Supreme gonna be 150 ish) - going to be mid 160s on my scale I would think. This would leave my peak rating for SS on 175. He needs someone equally fast to race against to produce bigger numbers.

going was definitely "good" all round
Report thedemps March 13, 2012 8:57 PM GMT
Except the cross concrete course
Report breadnbutter March 14, 2012 12:12 AM GMT
what do the clock boys do to adjust for the rolling starts ?
in the bigger fields it seems they are even faster in the rolling start ,would touchdown over the first to touchdown over the last not produce better comparison between small and big fields ?
Report pedrobob March 14, 2012 12:46 AM GMT
hurricane fly 10lbs+ below par with me
Rock On Ruby improved 4lbs on Newbury handicap win in Nov
Overturn actually clocked quicker figures in the past
Suggests they went a good gallop, but those held up well off the pace had too much to do as the pacemakers didn't overdo it

Only 3 winners of the Arkle or Champion Chase have run a raw time quicker than Sprinter Sacre since 1998:
Edredon Bleu (Champion Chase) and Tiutchev (Arkle) both in 2000 when the going was Good to Firm
Moscow Flyer (2002 Champion Chase)

I would rate Sprinter Sacre already 6-7lbs ahead of the likes of Sizing Europe and Big Zeb with more to come
Report judorick March 16, 2012 6:21 PM GMT
at first glance the Gold Cup appears to have been very very fast indeed - watch out for big numbers
Report thieveslikeus March 16, 2012 6:32 PM GMT
Intriguing that Hurricane Fly recorded a career best time figure ever with both topspeed and raceform.  Both have him around 12lb faster than when winning last year.
Report judorick March 16, 2012 6:45 PM GMT
nope not fast really, just in line with Official Ratings around mid 160s
Report judorick March 16, 2012 6:45 PM GMT
synchronised that is
Report pedrobob March 18, 2012 10:57 PM GMT
thieves, Raceform appear to have Hurricane running at least 5 faster timefigures in his last 7 wins, with one of the races unrated.
They have given him a 1 pt slower time figure than last year

Raceform also have Overturn running a 4pt slower time figure than when beating Binocular in the Fighting Fifth suggesting the Champion Hurdle was not run at a flat out gallop?
Report thieveslikeus March 19, 2012 12:15 AM GMT
They have clearly revised the figures!  When I looked 2 days ago they had Rock On Ruby at 126 and Cinders And Ashes at 119.  Both races now downgraded by 8 l/m.  They have now adjusted the going allowance for the hurdles course to good to firm 0.25 with chases still adjusted by 0.05.  Thanks Pedrobob for drawing that to my attention.
Report judorick March 19, 2012 1:17 AM GMT
need to re - watch the races but it appears that SDC and SS will get the highest peak potential ratings from me after the festival Sprinter on 175 peak possible now
Report judorick March 19, 2012 1:22 AM GMT
oh just been through SDC gets peak potential of 170 at this stage on my adjusted rating
Report Roger De Bris March 19, 2012 10:37 PM GMT
I am surprised by the lack of punter outcry at the standard of course information being passed on by NH Clerks. Todays descriptions at Southwell are useless. All leading to a false going allowance. The staus quo is...do whatever the f*** you want with the rails, nobody gives a s*** what the race distance is. Heaven forbid if a Clerk had to re-measure a course.....I have contacted the BHA about it. Am I the only one?....
Report judorick March 19, 2012 11:30 PM GMT
no roger youre not
Report Roger De Bris March 20, 2012 12:23 AM GMT
I contaced a clerk recently as to what "course at outermost configuration" meant, and how it affected the race distances. She said she didnt know....
Report judorick March 20, 2012 12:42 AM GMT
been shockingly bad for years Rog

official going descriptions are the worst. When compared to standard times I often find the going when described as good is actually hard - or the track has been shortened by 100 yards or something. Total mess
Report Roger De Bris March 20, 2012 12:51 AM GMT
Its sad really because the BHA could really attract many more punters to NH Racing if they got the rail movement issues sorted. Is it a crime for a punter to know the actual distance a race is run over? It seems it is in 2012. I can still recall Raceform having a Firm going allowance at Leicester on Heavy ground over hurdles before, and a 5f sprinter winning a 2 mile hurdle race...it must have been over 13 furlongs...
Report thieveslikeus March 20, 2012 12:21 PM GMT
Not just UK either, there's been a major change of some sort at Leopardstown involving NH races over most longer distances.  Times are all shockingly slow compared to top speed's standards.   More than 1f by my estimate over 3m!
Report Roger De Bris March 20, 2012 2:12 PM GMT
seems strange that thieves cause I rang the clerk a year or so ago, and he assured me all distances at Leop are re-measured so they are spot on before each meeting.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com