Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Headmaster
07 Mar 12 12:12
| Topic/replies: 3,875 | Blogger: The Headmaster's blog
Are they mad iyo?!?
Pause Switch to Standard View Divapour 100/1 (Supreme NRNB)
Show More
Report The Headmaster March 7, 2012 1:12 PM GMT
....Makfi fans will particularly like this one imo....
Report solvingthepuzzle March 7, 2012 1:29 PM GMT
Is this another Danedream HM? That was a great day for me (thanks to you). Have had a little but already have Darlan, Tetlami & Dylan Ross but could be anything so at that price not much too loose? Hope you're well & looking forward to next week? GL
Report The Headmaster March 7, 2012 1:36 PM GMT
Hopefully another Makfi anyway!  Things are starting to come together, stp, yes looking forward to it thanks Happy  Hope you are too?

I wouldn't want to go in too heavy on here as the Neptune could well be the choice BUT I think they like him a lot over there, you know.  Unbeaten and doing it nicely...lovely jumper, probably wants a fence tbh, but they said he wasn't coming over this year and would be running last weekend in France.  He didn't run which made me think he was injured or they'd changed their mind.  Looks like they changed their mind and the as the owner has enojyed his forays to England why not? Happy  I'd love to see those colours flying up the hill - happy memories.  I don't think Makfi's too far away from Cheltenham so it's an excuse to come over and give him an apple too, eh?

Anyway, there is NO WAY IN THE WORLD this horse is 100/1 if he lines up so with the NRNB fill yer boots imo.

I wonder, just wonder, what Monsieur Soumillon's doing next Tuesday?!?
Report andy85 March 7, 2012 2:03 PM GMT
Ive mentioned this on a couple of threads but nobody knows much about it. Backed it in the end at the prices its worth a minimum bet
Report OnTheSnaff March 7, 2012 2:52 PM GMT
Bean beating nothing on "very soft" and Heavy ground around pau,should be 1000/1 Grin
Report bluebirdfan March 8, 2012 9:47 AM GMT
I was going to back this last week but was told he wouldn't be coming over
Report andy85 March 8, 2012 10:13 AM GMT
NRNB so does no harm if you want to back it. Im expecring it not to come over to be honest
Report TheAnorak March 8, 2012 2:40 PM GMT
Our handicapper has given Divapour a nominal mark of 138 and that's high enough to guarantee him a run and make him safe from elimination.

Given the handicapper usually under estimates French form by around a stone, Divapour could be a genuine contender if you reckon him as a 152 rated novice.
Report The Headmaster March 8, 2012 2:52 PM GMT
The lack of a Neptune confirmation troubles me.  I rather suspsect he won't be coming over.
Report The Headmaster March 8, 2012 2:52 PM GMT
'suspect'
Report solvingthepuzzle March 8, 2012 3:22 PM GMT
TA - That would put him right in the mix with all the fancied runners let's hope he turns up.

OTS - Don't disagree with that but a horse can only beat what's put in front of him, as regards the ground he has won on G & GF on the flat although admittedly he was the only participant when he won on GF. Not sure what price he went off at that day but must have been value?
Report TheAnorak March 8, 2012 5:32 PM GMT
Actually there were ten runners the day he won on good to firm at Nancy - he beat a German trained horse called Orsino by five lengths, with another 8 lengths back to the third.

The France-Galop site provides rather more useful info than the Post database.
Report solvingthepuzzle March 8, 2012 6:28 PM GMT
TY TA I stand corrected. That adds much needed info & I will do some homework. I hope the horse turns up as would add much spice to the race. GL
Report Far From Trouble March 8, 2012 6:59 PM GMT
Think i'll use this as the 'little known Frenchies thread' Silly

Saphir River got a few entries, once beaten a nose by Spirit Son, and second in a G1 lto

Has 5 festival entries, what do you folks know about him?
Report GI MAC March 8, 2012 7:15 PM GMT
Trainer Michael Scudamore is leaning towards the Pertemps Final next Thursday with intriguing French recruit Saphir River.

The six-year-old grey fetched 280,000 euros at the Deauville sales last November, but has yet to be seen in competitive action in Britain.

His French form nonetheless stacks up pretty well - he was a Grade One runner-up at Auteuil on his final start in November - and is feasibly well handicapped in the Pertemps, for which there is a preference over four other engagements at the Cheltenham Festival.

Scudamore said: "We took him to Newbury for a gallop on Sunday and he worked very, very well.

"The intention was to get a run into him beforehand, but the way things have gone, what with the weather, that wasn't possible.

"The question mark had been whether to run him over two and a half miles or three (miles), but we are leaning towards the Pertemps at the moment.

"Sam Thomas, who has sat on him a few times, will probably be on board as I'm sure Tom (Scudamore) will have something for Pipey (David Pipe). He's our best chance of a winner and is a very exciting horse."
Report Far From Trouble March 8, 2012 7:23 PM GMT
Thanks Happy
Report TheAnorak March 8, 2012 7:24 PM GMT
FFT,

I can tell you that the French handicapper rates him 5.5 kgs (12lbs?) better than Divapour, but Phil Smith in his wisdom, has him just 1lb higher than Divapour.

Whether Master Scudamore can work the same sort of magic on a French import as the likes of Nicholls, Henderson, George etc, is up for debate until we see him run.

But based on his most recent French form, if Saphir River isn't better than a 139 horse, I'm a strong candidate for Chelsea manager.
Report OnTheSnaff March 8, 2012 7:29 PM GMT
TheAnorak,may i just say i really enjoy reading your posts (particularly re French form) you clearly know your horses,
Keep up the good work Happy
Report Far From Trouble March 8, 2012 7:36 PM GMT
Thanks TA Happy

That Spirit Son run stood out soon as I looked at him, have never heard of the horse and I know there's one or two knowledgeable French form chaps on here so thought i'd ask

may have a few quid wherever he turns up Happy
Report GoldCupWinner March 8, 2012 7:37 PM GMT
Tbf Makfi was an unbeaten horse who had won a group 3 easily on previous run. Shocking that he went of 66/1 but hindsight is a wonerful thing. I do remember you tipping him up too.
Report Far From Trouble March 8, 2012 7:40 PM GMT
Thought Makfi went off 33s Mischief
Report GoldCupWinner March 8, 2012 7:45 PM GMT
Oh yeah he did. Think he might have been tipped up at 66/1 or something though by headmaster.
Report GoldCupWinner March 8, 2012 7:45 PM GMT
Oh yeah he did. Think he might have been tipped up at 66/1 or something though by headmaster.
Report solvingthepuzzle March 8, 2012 8:08 PM GMT
Listen HM latched me onto Danedream in the Arc, green to 4 figures that day for not a massive outlay, I have the utmost respect. Dudes can ignore him but only at their peril.
Report solvingthepuzzle March 8, 2012 8:12 PM GMT
Reserved humility - you could all learn something.
Report THE LEGEND March 8, 2012 9:33 PM GMT
i'm on Divapour at 100/1 ew nrnb great bet....i was on Ebaziyan at 99/1 betfair hoping for lightning to strike again ...if no show nothing lost at 1/4 the odds could well run into place money....who will the jockey be
Report TheAnorak March 9, 2012 10:19 AM GMT
One other thing about Divapour that's unusual is that he's a 5-y-old entire - i.e not been gelded.

I think the last entire to win a hurdle at the meeting was Alderbrook.
Report marychain1 March 9, 2012 10:30 AM GMT
Let's hope he gets some good clearance over them hurdles
Report solvingthepuzzle March 9, 2012 11:53 AM GMT
http://youtu.be/BCs-IKD2dTA

Divapour winning on the flat - pretty convincing to say the least!
Report solvingthepuzzle March 9, 2012 11:56 AM GMT
15f Good ground.
Report Desmond Orchard March 9, 2012 12:08 PM GMT
Took a bit of stoking there. Typical, short straight, french race with them all sat motionless until the 2 pole. Once he got going he was never getting beat, I just wonder whether or not he might want further or if the longer straight will benefit him?
Report BigChief March 9, 2012 1:16 PM GMT
Have just read on the Live Odds forum, from a well informed source, that Divapour will not make the trip across the channel this year with targets in France: http://forum.liveoddsandscores.com/threads/15377-Cheltenham-Festival-2012-Ti...
Report Savetheherd March 9, 2012 3:08 PM GMT
Interesting that, hope he does make the trip.
Report differentdrum March 9, 2012 3:39 PM GMT
Hands up if you have actually seen the horse run?
Report 247lol March 9, 2012 6:34 PM GMT
Bigchief,joins today,1st post,tells us divapour isnt running,then someones asking for 90 ?.
Where did armchair jockey from that forum get his info ?.
Report RozelKid March 10, 2012 9:46 AM GMT
Anyone have any news?  i'd make it my NAP ew ..on day one if it ran!
Report TheAnorak March 10, 2012 11:46 AM GMT
Divapour is entered for a 3,900 metre handicap hurdle worth 48,000 euros to the winner at Auteil on Sunday week. Mind you, there are 82 entries!
Report RozelKid March 10, 2012 12:55 PM GMT
Thanks Anorak, you wouldnt have a link to that info ..would you?

Thanks in advance
Report Slabster March 10, 2012 3:11 PM GMT
Are the final declarations for Tuesday's racing tomorrow or Monday?
Report TheAnorak March 10, 2012 3:17 PM GMT
RK,

This gives you a list of meetings:

http://www2.france-galop.com/FGWeb/domaines/courses/courses_calendrier.aspx?L=en

Click on the meeting and it gives a list of the races, click on the race to get the list of horses entered. The race for Divapour is the Prix Predicateur, Mar 18th, Auteil.

You can also click on the 'Horses and Key Players' link at the top of the page and that then allows you to do a search on a specific horse and find it's form and future entries.

Slabster,

Champion Hurdle tomorrow, rest of the card on Monday.
Report Slabster March 10, 2012 3:25 PM GMT
Thanks The Anorak!
Report THE LEGEND March 11, 2012 8:28 PM GMT
think connections of the horse rate this horse highly....unusual it has not been sold yet....
Report andy85 March 11, 2012 9:52 PM GMT
Is he confirmed to be running yet or are we still unsure?
Report TheAnorak March 12, 2012 10:12 AM GMT
Divapour not declared for Supreme Novice.
Report andy85 March 12, 2012 10:15 AM GMT
Link to declarations?

Its a shame, but I did expect that would be the case
Report TheAnorak March 12, 2012 10:28 AM GMT
Andy,

Can't provide a link as info taken from racing admin website which requires a login as it's only available to registered owners and trainers.
Report andy85 March 12, 2012 10:30 AM GMT
Fair enough Anorak.  Hopefully RP will update their site shortly
Report TheAnorak March 16, 2012 2:21 PM GMT
For anyone interested, Divapour definitely runs in the big handicap at Auteil on Sunday, the Prix Predicateur.

Amongst his rivals is Rocket Man, who was a beaten fav in the 2010 Chester Vase for Aiden O'Brien.
Report solvingthepuzzle March 16, 2012 8:29 PM GMT
TY TA appreciated.
Report TheAnorak April 3, 2012 9:11 AM BST
Just an update on this horse, who seems worth tracking as he's just the sort that Henderson or Nicholls might buy.

In the race mentioned above, he finished second at Auteil and he now runs in a similar race at Enghien this afternoon. It's the first race on the card, timed at 1:50 in Paris, which I believe is 12:50 here and it should be shown live on RUK. Divapour is easy to spot as he's a grey and the colours are mauve with an orange cap.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com