Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wellcometomoirasdrivethru
03 Jan 12 15:58
| Topic/replies: 147 | Blogger: wellcometomoirasdrivethru's blog
What you guys think 6/4 antepost my view is if she goes she wins..Any opinions??

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 141
By:
seary
When: 03 Jan 12 16:09
With the uncertainty as to which race  unaccompanied is going to race in.. 6/4 doesnt seem great value to me. If unaccompanied does go for the mares hurdle then quevega price is going to be some what bigger.
By:
wellcometomoirasdrivethru
When: 03 Jan 12 16:16
Unaccompanied may race in the David Nicholson but she wouldnt touch Quevega who in my opinion is a class act!
By:
BJG
When: 03 Jan 12 16:19
VLV:

Trainer, Colm Murphy, said: "We have had a great run with her this season and she still has loads of options.

"If the ground was soft then she could go back to two miles. I’m not sure if she will go to Cheltenham, there are plenty of good races here at home."

Unaccompanied:

“That was a lovely performance from her and a brilliant ride from Paul,” said trainer Dermot Weld. “I was a bit concerned about her lack of experience, especially taking on Thousand Stars, who is high class and a very solid performer.

"My biggest concern, however, was whether the rain would bring her stamina into play. I will speak to her owner and we might consider the Champion, but the obvious target now is to come back for the Irish Champion (Jan 29).”
By:
seary
When: 03 Jan 12 16:28
Wheres the source of your all trainer info BJG??? Its a god send.
By:
BJG
When: 03 Jan 12 16:29
irishracing.com

Or just searchin the reviews of the races
By:
BJG
When: 03 Jan 12 16:31
Brilliant mare Quevega has won the last three renewals of the David Nicholson Mares' Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival, the last twice scoring on what was her first start of the season.

Mullins is unlikely to change her schedule this time around.

"Quevega will have a similar plan to in previous years and we'd be delighted to have her fit and ready for Cheltenham again," he added.

"She doesn't owe us anything now so we'll try to keep to the same plan, I think."
By:
seary
When: 03 Jan 12 16:39
Could u help us out with post about realt dubh
By:
BJG
When: 03 Jan 12 16:42
Unfortunately he rapped a joint which has kept him out of action this season, which was very irritating as the John Durkan over 2m4f had been his big target. That is his best trip and I don’t see him getting further as he was cantering away with the Drinmore last season until finding disappointingly little. I doubt he will be ready for Christmas, but I will be looking to run him by the middle of next month and I would love to have him ready for the Ryanair Chase. He also appreciates better ground, so spring could be his time

Have a supply of em saved on me computer as well for horses that i am interested in as i play a good bit in the AP on here
By:
JJ1000
When: 03 Jan 12 22:33
13/8 is available. Class above. The more you put on, the more you win.
By:
OnTheSnaff
When: 04 Jan 12 17:25
is there a reason why her first appearance every season is at the Cheltenham Festival,is she fragile?difficult to train??
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 04 Jan 12 20:35
Quote from Ruby Walsh ......

"...... she's not an easy mare to train but she will go straight to Cheltenham, and you can be sure Willie will have her spot on ......"
By:
SN02
When: 04 Jan 12 21:12
Romped home last year - couldnt believe after a decent win on the fly I had such a little amount on . Will I make the same mistake this year ? Lets hope the weather stays dry for it !
By:
shockster
When: 04 Jan 12 21:37
I can't back short price favourites AP.  But 6/4 when next 2 in the betting are likely non runners seems big.  I think she's probably more of a certainty than Big Bucks?
By:
tomdeane
When: 05 Jan 12 00:40
^ I'm the same really.

Suspect she will win easily again but just can't get on board with backing a 5/4 chance two and a half months away when the opposition is not even known and her wellbeing is taken partly on trust.

Think she's the type of horse I'd rather back at 4/6 on the day in the knowledge that she is fighting fit and Voler La Vedette and Unaccompanied are not against her. She'd probably win against them but no sense in tying up money at this stage when one or both would pose some sort of threat.
By:
bluebirdfan
When: 05 Jan 12 00:52
I'm same, no bet until the day. Would be some race if Voler and Unaccompanied both turned up!
By:
BJG
When: 01 Feb 12 11:52
CheltFestNews CheltFestNews
Unaccompanied likely to miss Festival according to D Weld after Irish Champion Hurdle flop & wait for Punchestown.
By:
NickB
When: 01 Feb 12 12:05
BJG, that would explain the huge drift then - I'd backed her at 40s some time ago and was sitting here quite smugly until Sunday. Bugger! And think it was yourself I had a conversation with some time ago about VLV (on a different thread), so surely Quevega is just looking better and better??
By:
NickB
When: 01 Feb 12 12:06
Got a sneaky bit on whatwillwecallher at a reasonable price though, so surely that can only shorten....
By:
BJG
When: 01 Feb 12 12:09
If VLV doesnt run - Quevega would be a genuine 1/5 shot against the rest, they have an unbelievable amount to find to even get competitive
By:
ChildOfMine2
When: 01 Feb 12 12:11
Whether VLV runs or not, Quevega will still stuff her - just like she did the first year she won the DN Mares Hurdle.
By:
BJG
When: 01 Feb 12 12:13
Agreed COM2 - Quevega is the banker of the festival
By:
NickB
When: 01 Feb 12 12:14
Do you not think VLV is a vastly improved animal this year, and can quevega just keep turning up and farming the race year after year?

Also, does anyone have a link to last year's race just to refresh the memory?
By:
BJG
When: 01 Feb 12 12:20
I do theink VLV is a much improved horse this year which is why id prefer to see her not runnin - as she is the only mare in the uk and ire who mite get Quevega off the bridle but Quevega is just too good imo

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Video/Racing/

Search quevega and play mares race wen it comes up
By:
NickB
When: 01 Feb 12 12:38
Cheers for that, although I was there that day and had a decent chunk (for me) on her, I wanted to check that it wasn't the alcohol clouding my memories!

So, is it time to unload on the treble/trixie for Quevaga, the fly and BB?? Then collect the money to find a huge priced winner in the County!!
By:
smushpuddle
When: 01 Feb 12 12:41
5/4 Quevega with certain bookmakers looks nice..
By:
marychain1
When: 01 Feb 12 12:50
3/1 Hurricane Fly and Quevega is a decent double. 4/5 and 5/4. Stick it on now, collect Tuesday night, set you up for the rest of the week.
By:
stormey1
When: 01 Feb 12 16:04
5/4 is disappearing.....
By:
Martin pipe returns
When: 01 Feb 12 17:59
Colm hints that VLV will take Quevega on in the Mares race in today's Weekender. If he's right then it must rate as the best bit of each way thievery at the festival. An each way double with VLV at 4-1 and Big Zeb in the QMCC at 4-1 is legalised stealing from the bookies :)
By:
barnesy
When: 01 Feb 12 18:01
All e/w Martin ;)
By:
BJG
When: 01 Feb 12 18:41
" I would hope we could get a lot closer to Quevega when we meet next, possibly at Cheltenham next month. She takes her racing very well which is particularly fortunate for a mare"
By:
smushpuddle
When: 01 Feb 12 18:53
Still think Quevega will brush her aside.
By:
barnesy
When: 01 Feb 12 19:10
Just emailed RUK Martin?
By:
Martin pipe returns
When: 01 Feb 12 19:17
Yes Barnsey. Not happy with Nevison's dismissal of VLV's chances of beating Quevaga.
By:
barnesy
When: 01 Feb 12 19:21
Haha yea thought he was a little harsh on Big Zeb, bringing up jumping problems that seem long in the past to me. Agree with all said re: Boston Bob, if the target was set, would be a nice one for the ew treble!
By:
Martin pipe returns
When: 01 Feb 12 19:33
Not tempted by the 9-2 any race on BB fella? Trouble is they won't let you do it in multiples. Strangely enough they will let you do it ew on line but not in the shops ! I reckon if it goes Neptune it will be 3-1 joint fav with Fingal and if they go Albert B, it will be something like 9-4 jolly. So surely the 9-2 on offer is pretty juicy?
By:
barnesy
When: 01 Feb 12 19:39
I've already taken the view the Neptune will be the aim, I think this is the one Mullins likes for his best horse. Was surprised when he went there with Quel Esprit a couple years ago as he looked an out and out stayer to me, of course as it turned out he ended up in the Albert Bartlett as well. I'm fairly confident Sous Les Ciuex and Allure of Illusion arn't anywhere near as good as him.
If I'm wrong and he does end up in the Albert i'll have to reassess my position I guess.
By:
Martin pipe returns
When: 01 Feb 12 19:51
"I´m delighted with both horses. We decided to drop Gagewell Flyer back to two miles to give him more experience of a faster run race and to improve his jumping. He won´t run until Cheltenham and will probably go for the Neptune Investments Novice Hurdle - Willie Mullins"
The above was WM's comments re Gagewell Flyer after it's final run prior to last year's festival.
It ran in the Albert Bartlett !!

My point is that BB's trainer is Willie Mullins. He may well think that that the Neptune is the aim now but he changes like the weather. If it was PFN who said that the Neptune was the likely the target then I'm with you, I'd rather get a bigger price and take my chances but with Willie Mullins? No way !

My approach is to back it 33% in the Neptune at 7-1 Baldfred and 67% for any race at 9-2 with Hillies. Seems a fair compromise to me :)
By:
barnesy
When: 01 Feb 12 20:01
Yes, Mullins is as unpredictable as he is majestic. What I was meaning is that I already had a position on the horse for the Neptune and at this stage wasn't keen to add to it. On reflection I guess the 9/2 gives me 9/2 on the AB and at worst a 9/2 bet for Neptune that I can likely lay at shorter on the day should I choose.
By:
Martin pipe returns
When: 01 Feb 12 20:10
If it gets there in one piece you will deffo be able to lay off at less than 9-2 in either race !!

An RPR of 156 is enough to win both races most years. If Simonsig takes the Neptune route (it won't) then it could get tight to beat 9-2 in that race but I'm still confident you would. This is one of the best bets at the moment in my opinion - you just have to convince yourself that taking the shorter price is worth the freedom from stress on where it runs.

Mullins has twisted my melon too many times over the years for me to put up with the worry of 6 weeks of his dithering :)
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com