Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Trisons_Star
20 Sep 10 20:56
| Topic/replies: 243 | Blogger: Trisons_Star's blog
?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 73
By:
kauto_kauto
When: 20 Sep 10 21:06
Kauto star was my biggest lose was in the gold cup 2010, felt like he was a cert most the year and backed him like one.
By:
SatelliteFlight
When: 20 Sep 10 21:08
Laugh i was wondering when this thread would get started

Denman - Royal And Sun Alliance Hurdle (i felt like going hom after that 2nd day Cry )

Moscow Flyer - Queen Mother (the year he unseated, i almost cried Laugh )

Shinrock Paddy - Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle (just last year, he ran absolutely no race Plain, had i got well ahead with Weapons Amnesty i would of been in some pisser)
By:
rogerthebutler
When: 20 Sep 10 21:17
Florida Pearl
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 20 Sep 10 21:31
Denman in the RSA hurdle too - cost me twice 'cos made me wary of going in too heavy in the RSA Chase the following year.
By:
Deplasterer
When: 20 Sep 10 21:33
Nick Dundee.
By:
CVByrne
When: 20 Sep 10 21:36
Oh Kauto this year. Though his fall in 2006 in the Champion chase was the bigger financial hit to me at the time.
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 20 Sep 10 23:00
Ninetieth Minute without a doubt for me.

Was bawdeep on Mirage Dore (second) and had a reasonable bet on Kawagino e/w at 100/1 (fifth)

Wish he hadn't turned up Cry
By:
CVByrne
When: 20 Sep 10 23:04
That's cost you not lost you FFT.
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 20 Sep 10 23:05
same thing imo Plain

In the other case it's probably Ebaziyan in 2008 Sad
By:
CVByrne
When: 20 Sep 10 23:11
How much did you have on a horse at 33/1 for the Champion Hurdle?
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 20 Sep 10 23:12
enough for me, i'm no big punter though tbf
By:
CVByrne
When: 20 Sep 10 23:14
I backed him in the World Hurdle 2 days later at 66/1, never thought Inglis Drever would win a 3rd.
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 20 Sep 10 23:16
Don't recall having a bet in that, just cheered Inglis on Happy
By:
CVByrne
When: 20 Sep 10 23:18
I am of course joking as I hope you are too. Mischief

I was all over the Drever that day as my boy Mighty Man was not present.
By:
Mickie D
When: 20 Sep 10 23:32
Mossbank in the Ryanair a couple of years ago - Russell thought it was Thurles on a Thursday not cheltenham.
By:
Fabulous
When: 20 Sep 10 23:38
The Last Fling in 2000. Didn't begrudge him though, loved that horse!
By:
Swinia
When: 20 Sep 10 23:43
i'd a €20 patent ante post Brave Inca at 7-2 for Irish Champion, 4 paddy for Arkle 20-1 and Starluck in the Triumph Hurdle... going for home i was counting my money...can't believe he traded at odds on and never traded outCryi was still drunk after 4 paddy winning ..
By:
gutfeeling
When: 21 Sep 10 00:50
harchibald 2005 champion hurdle,backed him all  year long every winning bet went on plus some of monthly wage,walked out of pub and threw up after he refused to go past hardy eustace..by far the most i've ever had on any horse in my life
this year would have to be bensalem,would he have won..i dont know but he was travelling well at the time he came down imo :(
By:
Shakepseare's Sheriff
When: 21 Sep 10 12:04
Barizan in last years triumph, back him at different odds all year, some massive odd aswell......was looking at a bumper payout......was jumping up and down when turning for home..gutted..but what a thrill.
By:
deadloss
When: 21 Sep 10 12:20
Walkon in the Triumph.
By:
Quvega
When: 21 Sep 10 12:21
DeadlossSad Hope he gains you ample compensation this season
By:
deadloss
When: 21 Sep 10 12:25
Looking back now he also gave me my best memory at The Festival.
By:
Quvega
When: 21 Sep 10 12:28
Yeah, can understand that, very unlucky to bump into Zaynar, hope he comes back with his enthusiasm and pluck undiminished. Gl.
By:
deadloss
When: 21 Sep 10 12:46
He will come back big and better than before.

Cant wait for the real racing to start - I always consider the Chepstow early October meeting the start of the season.
By:
Quvega
When: 21 Sep 10 13:00
Amen to that, Chelt membership arrived last week which always raises the anticipation levels with the promise that the proper racing not far off now
By:
SidTheSexist
When: 21 Sep 10 13:05
Sizing Europe

was balls deep on him for the Champion a few years back and had a good chunk on Somersby last year for the Arkle [smiley:crazy]
By:
The Sawyer
When: 21 Sep 10 16:37
Rushing Wild in the Gold Cup

If he had won I would have finished 3rd in the Ten to Follow comp! Prior to Chelt that year, the RP posted the top 100 lists and I was sitting in 60th and was the only person with RW.

Felt pretty awful after the race - but that could have been the burger (or three days of over-indulgence).
By:
VECTIS
When: 21 Sep 10 19:35
Back in Front,first horse i ever layed on hereCry,the die was cast and so it has stayedSad.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 22 Sep 10 09:33
Harchibald in the County Hurdle - give what he acheived subsequently he should have been a penalty kick off that markCry
By:
sageform
When: 22 Sep 10 09:44
Recently it is Dunguib in the Supreme. I decided foolishly that he was a certainty and would pay for the meeting. I should have learned by age 66 that backing favourites is a fools game but he looked bombproof. Sorry The Sawyer about Rushing Wild. I always thought that Jodami was a certainty given a fast pace and RW gave him a perfect lead. The following year they crawled round and The Fellow mugged Jodami for speed from the last.
By:
Dark Destroyer
When: 22 Sep 10 09:53
Beech Road - all looking good until a 3 week dry spell put paid to his chances in 1990. Would have won me over £50k which was one hell of a lot of money 20 years ago (and still is Laugh  )
By:
Rondetto
When: 25 Sep 10 07:54
I love high class horses with that little bit of something and Canford Cliffs had it all for me.

When he was beaten in France it was the biggest bet of my life. Took me a long time to get it back but that wondeful girl Zenyatta went a long way towards my recovery and just about every big bookies dismay :o)

Canford Cliffs made up for it big time though. I let him run in the Guineas got stuck into him again in Ireland and couldn't get enough on when he beat Rip Van Winkle. Just as well or I'd be back in the grubber.

I'll be following suite and hammering Zenyatta again so if she gets beat send flowers.
By:
CVByrne
When: 25 Sep 10 10:29
Don't post flat sh1t in the Cheltenham forum Mischief
By:
TD_Gunner
When: 25 Sep 10 11:04
Alfie Sherrin in the Pertemps.
By:
thehoffisback
When: 28 Sep 10 12:17
I'm so lucky in the Plate, had dough on him at huge prices thought he was very well handicapped, David Pipe is a ****[>o]
By:
EVILROYSLADE
When: 28 Sep 10 18:26
Straw Bear in the Supreme. I hate watching that race. Noland came out of the clouds and stopped what would have been a fantastic start to my festival that year. Would have paid for that and the next years !!!! Arrghhhhhh!
By:
Masterminded
When: 28 Sep 10 18:27
Long Run Cry
By:
ZEALOT
When: 28 Sep 10 22:04
flyingbolt cost me £400 when salmon spray beat it
By:
sageform
When: 29 Sep 10 12:48
Zealot, the defeat of Flyingbolt that day was the outcome of a careful plan by Johnny Haine and Bob Turnell. They ran Flash Bulb against him in the QM the day before and went flat out for a mile and a quarter to make sure that Flyingbolt had a hard race. It just did the trick. I can remember the two white faced chestnuts coming to the last in driving rain and the little un just prevailed. I knew Johnny from childhood and we were on SS big time.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com