Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
11 Oct 16 22:11
| Topic/replies: 53,721 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
Or more likely , 5am Sunday morning Sad

2.32 Kovalev
30 Draw
Pause Switch to Standard View Andre Ward v Sergey Kovalev (Saturday...
Show More
Report carlos monzon November 20, 2016 4:38 PM GMT
Give the 1st four to kovalev which he rightly won

Ward is now on 115 points after 4 rounds.

So over the next 8 rounds all three judges gave ward on 7 out of 8 rounds for the 1 point deduction which brings wards tally to 114 and kovalev lost 7 out of the last 8 rounds to take his tally to 113.

No judges scored any rounds even.

Fu cling amazing

Yet u people dnt find anything funny with that.
Report carlos monzon November 20, 2016 4:39 PM GMT
There is Noway ward won the 1st, 3 or the fourth.

And u just can't even any of them rounds just simply because he fighting popular ward
Report carlos monzon November 20, 2016 4:40 PM GMT
Rocking the nation

Mocking the world
Report carlos monzon November 20, 2016 4:50 PM GMT
Realy fancied ward for a shutout.

Thought he could circle him with the jab but couldn't

Needed to run to go full 12 and spoil massively

The dirty work from rounds 3-5 was awesome  but should be allowed

Kovalev huge, ward small.

Almost like a Siberian tiger v mountain lion (puma)
Report carlos monzon November 20, 2016 6:17 PM GMT
Ward won the last 6 rounds on 2 of the 3 judges scorecards

And the other judge gave him 5 out if the last 6
Report carlos monzon November 20, 2016 6:23 PM GMT
Kovalev won at least 2 of the last 6.

Ward won 2 clear rounds 5 and 7

Kovalev won 3 clear rounds 1. 3 and 4 plus a knockdown round

Rounds 8, 11 were closish rounds possibly ward

Rounds 10 and 12 were closish rounds possibly won by kovalev
Report GRANTCKING November 20, 2016 6:35 PM GMT
the darleys perez fight was the funniest phix ive ever seen in boxing, did u see it?
Report carlos monzon November 20, 2016 7:42 PM GMT
Yeh.

They just kept saying how hooker was running etch
Report carlos monzon November 20, 2016 7:45 PM GMT
Ward was doing exactly same if not worse

Hooker seemed like a good boxer puncher

But I think he froze after round 1

For a tall fighter that was one of the worst jabs iv seen

Hooker missed with about 50 jabs on the trot and landed 1

So missed 50 jabs and landed 1 during rounds 3 and 5 I think
Report Swagger November 21, 2016 1:42 AM GMT
Kovalev only landed 10 more punches than Ward according to Compubox.

How did you have Kovalev clearly winning round three - he landed four punches?

I thought Round 9 was Ward's best of the fight by a country mile. Kovalev landed a few nice shots but Ward landed at will and actually schooled him for the large part in that round so I just burst out laughing when Ledderman awarded it to Kovalev.

I thought the first round could have easily been a 10/10. I had Ward winning round three and then apart from easily winning round 8, shading six of the last seven rounds (Kovalev winning round 10) and Kovalev winning rounds 2, 4 and 10 including the 10-8 in round 2 which meant I had Ward shading the fight by a round even with the knockdown.

You can ask ten people and they will all probably give you a different scorecard and they wouldn't all be for one person or the other so I don't understand why people thought it was fixed etc. It was a very close fight which could have gone either way and scoring points is subjective. Ward was effectively the guy stepping up to 175 pounds as he's a natural Super Middleweight so Kovalev was always more likely to be applying the pressure and I just thought the Russian was one dimensional in landing a nice heavy shot now and again whereas Ward put in the cleaner work for me, he mixed lovely body shots with jabs and one two combos whilst in the large part evading and making his opponent miss. For all that Ward's face was marked up, he won't be the one leaking blood when he goes to the toilet for the next 3 days!

I thought it was a quality fight and they should definitely have a rematch.
Report Swagger November 21, 2016 1:44 AM GMT
* apart from easily winning round nine
Report carlos monzon November 21, 2016 8:33 AM GMT
U clearly need lessons in scoring fights.

Yes I agree ward won round 9!!! Never said he didn't. Think 7th was his best

Apart from that what are u
Report carlos monzon November 21, 2016 8:40 AM GMT
P is sing blood for 3 days??? Wtf

And you gave korelev rounds 2,4,10 only

U don't think he won rounds 3 and 6

So basically u give ward 116

Do u actually know wat u gave korelev
Report carlos monzon November 21, 2016 8:45 AM GMT
So u basically scored the fight identical to malinagi

How on earth did ward easily win round 8

116-111 r u serious.

U say ward won rounds 3,6 and 8 easily.

Ur seriously not making sence

Rounds 8, 9, 11 and 12 are debatable rounds

If u asked 10 people ..............

The other rounds are pretty clear for me

If ur watching from
A biased view then obviously different
Report GRANTCKING November 21, 2016 5:18 PM GMT
ive watched the fight again, still have it the same way, ward by 1-2, kovalev couldnt land a glove on him, he shouldve gone for the kill after the knockdown
Report Swagger November 21, 2016 10:28 PM GMT
I had Ward winning by one or two rounds depending on whether the first round was a 10-10 in which case a 115-113 to Ward or 10-9 to Kovalev then a 114-113 to Ward scorecard. I was just giving my reasoning which you obviously disagree with which is fair enough. My point is that I don't think it was fixed or a disgusting decision unlike some fights I have watched in the past, it was a close fight which I think wasn't helped by the commentary on HBO as often the they would jazz up punches by Kovalev which didn't even land.

I thought rounds 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11 and 12 were close rounds but gave 1, 4 and 6 to Kovalev with rounds 5, 8, 11 and 12 going to Ward. Round 2 was obviously a 10-8 to Kovalev and I also gave him round 10. So I gave Kovalev 113 in total. Rounds 3, 7 and 9 were clear rounds for Ward in my opinion plus those above so I gave him 114. Essentially I agree with Grantcking, Kovalev had his opportunity to go for the kill after the knockdown but didn't and paid the price.
Report hitlerwinsagainlolol November 22, 2016 12:29 AM GMT
Look nothing personal.

But u guys grant and senytt are so so biased.

Well done u picked the right guy and won some money.

Especially u senytt, think u had a big punt. Well done. U called it right.

But just because u win money dnt mean he actualy won. He did not!!!

Fact is u can't look at this fight neutrally because u bet.

Gamblers r the worst wen it comes to being bias.

I'm glad he got the verdict. But he did not win the boxing match.

If u look at it biasly for korlev u could have it 117-110.

If u judge fairly ward never won 7 rounds.

In the close rounds u gotta take it from the champion

Champion can sometimes have a bad night

Challenger can never have a bad day.

Old boxing saying
Report Des Pond November 22, 2016 1:19 AM GMT
Just watched it for the 1st time. Although I backed Ward and won some money, I have to say it was the wrong decision. The commentators on HBO were pretty biased and seemed desperate to give the fight to Kovalev (despite what they themselves had already said in the first 7 rounds)There were a lot of "great body shots" attributed to Ward which I must have missed, and credit was given to Ward for boxing well and "landing some great shots", when he was mostly spoiling and holding. The commentators also seemed to suggest that Kovalev was holding Ward's left arm, when ward was doing at least as much holding, if not more. At most, I gave Ward 4 rounds, with 2 even. It was noticeable that the commentators said after round 9 that they thought the momentum had shifted and it was "a much more even contest" when I had Kovalev ahead by 6 to 2 with one even. The very most you could give ward would be 4 rounds (5,7,11 and maybe 12 because of the low slightly blow)I thought the commentators were particularly misguided in trying to give Ward rds 8,9 & 10, I gave them all to Kovalev with only rd 9 that could possibly be scored as even. Even without the knockdown, Kovalev should have won.
Report Swagger November 22, 2016 1:47 AM GMT
I didn't even bet on the fight! To those who think it was an awful decision - why did a lot of professional and retired boxers / promoters have Ward shading it on points as well?
Report Swagger November 22, 2016 1:51 AM GMT
Regarding Round 9, Ward landed more jabs and power punches in a very slick fashion so I just don't see how anyone could score that round to Kovalev but then Ledderman did so it shows that some people judge for throwing more punches and looking the more attacking boxer even if that boxer landed far fewer actual punches in that round.
Report Swagger November 22, 2016 2:03 AM GMT
If you type in the following on youtube then you see a different angle from the fight: -
Sergey Kovalev vs. Andre Ward - FULL FIGHT from inside the arena

I think this shows just how much punches Kovalev actually failed to connect with. Maybe you saw it definitely, fair enough.
Report hitlerwinsagainlolol November 22, 2016 2:28 AM GMT
Rounds 6, 8,10,11,12 very close

Can't give them all to ward

I personaly think ward established the jab and cleaner punches throughout round 9
Report hitlerwinsagainlolol November 22, 2016 2:32 AM GMT
5 and particularly 7, are the best rounds ward had.

What possessed Mali to give rounds 3 and 4 to ward

Nonsense
Report hitlerwinsagainlolol November 22, 2016 2:40 AM GMT
What did Ward do better than Hooker???

Maybe he was more agressive but kovalev was far busier than Perez in throwing more and Lansing more
Report Shrewd_dude November 22, 2016 3:04 AM GMT
Had Ward shading it but I don't see how any rational person could complain if either fighter had won by a round or 2. The fight was extremely close. Both fighters landed more punches in 6 rounds each, 6 rounds there was only 1 punch more landed difference, one fighter scored a knockdown and the other one had a far better accuracy in some rounds and was making the other fighter miss in abundance with his defence.

Personally would have it down as one of the more better decisions by the judges that all 3 had a round in it as opposed to the usual 3 or 4 rounds that you expect. A lot of people talking through there wallet on here I suspect.
Report GRANTCKING November 22, 2016 3:05 PM GMT

Nov 21, 2016 -- 8:40PM, hitlerwinsagainlolol wrote:

What did Ward do better than Hooker???Maybe he was more agressive but kovalev was far busier than Perez in throwing more and Lansing more

comparing ward to hooker is flat out lol, hooker literally didnt win a round

Report Des Pond November 22, 2016 8:06 PM GMT
A lot of people talking through there wallet on here I suspect.

Not me. I backed Ward, but I still think Kovalev should've won. Try watching it with the commentary turned off. There are far more commentators and pundits who can't read a fight (especially ex- pros)than there are those who read a fight objectively. Although tbf, the Americans are usually a lot bettter than the British.
Report Des Pond November 22, 2016 8:09 PM GMT
I've no doubt that the Ward that beat Froch would have beaten Kovalev easily. Ward is not the same fighter anymore, much as the commentators wanted him to be.
Report tobermory November 24, 2016 12:21 AM GMT
Having finally watched the whole thing , on the link Swagger suggested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBss_LqQzlc

very good , no commentary but full sound

I did actually score it to Ward . It is tricky as he only wins two rounds clearly ( 7 & 9 ) but in the 2nd half of the fight i just could not see a round that Kovalev won , and if you have to pick a winner of each round (and judges are basically told only score one drawn round at most) then i have to give the close ones to Ward.
Report Senyatta November 24, 2016 5:57 PM GMT
If anything im biased against the guys i back when scoring the rounds. I remember feeling very lucky after i should have lost on danny garcia and canelo when they clearly lost fights. I didn't feel the same here - also would have had no complaints had it gone the opposite way. I had it very close. I'll watch it closely again but I don't think this was a one sided fight by any means. Kovalev disappointed me in the 2nd half. After he talked about the politics involved - well then why didn't he go for the knockout when he had the chance.
Report Zazu November 24, 2016 6:14 PM GMT
tobermory    24 Nov 16 00:21 

if you have to pick a winner of each round (and judges are basically told only score one drawn round at most) then i have to give the close ones to Ward.

erm.... I think thats most peoples problem. Ward got given eveything like the judges were watching from the 40/40 club.
Report pan07 November 25, 2016 1:14 AM GMT
backed kovalev so same as senyatta scored 50/50 rounds to ward, 114-113 is worse case senario.
so i lostLaugh
Report Senyatta June 14, 2017 2:36 AM BST
Part II this weekend. Prices much the same as last time - Ward very slightly shorter. Think I might have a few quid on Kovalev to be knocked down. He is 7/1 at the moment. Think he may get reckless if it's another close fight as he will want to avoid the judges' cards again.

Looking forward to this one a lot.
Report Zazu June 14, 2017 2:27 PM BST
Kovalev for me. Probably do win by KO as well
Report tobermory June 16, 2017 1:31 AM BST
I expect Ward to win decisively this time.
Report Des Pond June 16, 2017 6:47 PM BST
Although I thought Ward was lucky to get the decision in the first fight, I think he will win the rematch, possibly by a more convincing margin. As the smarter and more skilled of the two, Ward has the means to change the way the fight goes, by making adjustments to avoid getting caught as often by Kovalev's power shots, and landing more clean shots of his own. Ward is an intelligent boxer and he will be well aware that the first fight could easily have gone Kovalev's way. In the first fight Ward was given too much credit for flashy footwork and hand flurries, and was getting points for punches that didn't land cleanly. He will know this and will know that he can't afford to fight the same way, and rely on the generosity of the judges again. Ward has the ability to work more on the outside, only slipping inside when kovalev is off balance, and should be able to outmanoeuvre the bigger man without getting tagged as easily as he was in the first fight. Kovalev is extremely strong and will always be dangerous, of course. And, although he can also box, I don't see what Kovalev can do to make it a different fight, other than trying even harder to knock ward out. This might be his undoing. I might be completely wrong and end up losing money (not for the first time), but my money's on Ward to win the fight. I think it will go the distance again, but I'm sticking to the match odds, just in case.
Report Zazu June 18, 2017 2:01 AM BST
Kovalev thought he had the fight won last time due to his early success. If you told him he had to win 1 or 2 of the last 6 rounds midway though last fight im sure he would have done more and come out victorious

Only way I see ward winning is if he goes into full mayweather mode and we get an incredibly boring fight.
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 3:13 AM BST
Looks like Rigo's going to get DQ'd > Knocked Flores out as he was holding. Shocked
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 3:14 AM BST
What are they arguing about? has to be a disqualification.
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 3:15 AM BST
think Paulie has done his bollocks Des.
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 3:15 AM BST
You're right Wise. Laugh
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 3:16 AM BST
they've given Rigo the win by KO.
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 3:17 AM BST
this is hilarity. Paulie's cash has been sparred though.
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 3:17 AM BST
FFs. Ref knows it was an illegal punch. has to be a DQ, surely. Shocked
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 3:17 AM BST
spared* even
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 3:18 AM BST

Jun 17, 2017 -- 9:17PM, Des Pond wrote:

FFs. Ref knows it was an illegal punch. has to be a DQ, surely.

money talks.

Report tobermory June 18, 2017 3:18 AM BST
I thought Kovalev fought the same way throughout but that Ward figured him out by halfway.

I've backed Ward @1.90
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 3:19 AM BST
That is wrong. Ref should grow a pair, imo.
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 3:19 AM BST
Morales did milk it. he could have got up easily.
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 3:20 AM BST
Maybe, but the offence had ben comitted, and the ref was already admonishing him for it.
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 3:21 AM BST
Kellerman is arrogant. I'd love to see Rigo spark him.
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 3:33 AM BST
Morales did play the dying swan, but Rigo was lucky he had a weak ref.
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 3:34 AM BST
Williams looks the business, though.
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 3:39 AM BST
I think Morales pretending to be knocked out cold cost him.
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 3:41 AM BST
Tramaine Williams looks fantastic, he is going to shoot up the junior featherweight ranks in no time. Best prospect I've seen for a long time.
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 4:11 AM BST
here we go Des.
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 4:14 AM BST
they didn't touch gloves.
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 4:15 AM BST
Ward's gonna be on his bike all night?
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 4:16 AM BST
who you on, wise?
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 4:17 AM BST
I've got a small bet on Krusher by stoppage, but biding my time for a bigger inplay bet if that doesn't materialise.
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 4:18 AM BST
from that 1st round, I get the feeling Ward is going to try to "Mayweather" Kovalev for the whole fight.
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 4:20 AM BST
Kovalev is always going to be dangerous, but I see Ward out manoeuvering him.
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 4:22 AM BST
Ward is so sneaky. got buzzed so low blowed to bide his time
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 4:23 AM BST
Kovalev won the 2nd round.
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 4:28 AM BST
3rd rd to Kovalev as well.
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 4:31 AM BST
Better round from Ward, there.
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 4:35 AM BST
2-2, now with one even.
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 4:35 AM BST
I didn't like that 5th round for Kovalev.
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 4:36 AM BST
feel like Ward is taking over
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 4:39 AM BST
Ward nicked that one at the end.
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 4:40 AM BST
the draw matched @ 50
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 4:43 AM BST
think it's a player. no clear dominator.
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 4:44 AM BST
I gave Ward that one
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 4:45 AM BST
Kovalev missing
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 4:45 AM BST
OH MY
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 4:46 AM BST
CrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazy
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 4:47 AM BST
Brilliant from Ward, Kovalev complaining.
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 4:48 AM BST
were the last 3 punches low?
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 4:48 AM BST
Kovalev was complaining too much, he was gassed, really
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 4:49 AM BST
superb right from ward.
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 4:50 AM BST

Jun 16, 2017 -- 12:47PM, Des Pond wrote:

Although I thought Ward was lucky to get the decision in the first fight, I think he will win the rematch, possibly by a more convincing margin. As the smarter and more skilled of the two, Ward has the means to change the way the fight goes, by making adjustments to avoid getting caught as often by Kovalev's power shots, and landing more clean shots of his own. Ward is an intelligent boxer and he will be well aware that the first fight could easily have gone Kovalev's way. In the first fight Ward was given too much credit for flashy footwork and hand flurries, and was getting points for punches that didn't land cleanly. He will know this and will know that he can't afford to fight the same way, and rely on the generosity of the judges again. Ward has the ability to work more on the outside, only slipping inside when kovalev is off balance, and should be able to outmanoeuvre the bigger man without getting tagged as easily as he was in the first fight. Kovalev is extremely strong and will always be dangerous, of course. And, although he can also box, I don't see what Kovalev can do to make it a different fight, other than trying even harder to knock ward out. This might be his undoing. I might be completely wrong and end up losing money (not for the first time), but my money's on Ward to win the fight. I think it will go the distance again, but I'm sticking to the match odds, just in case.

good forecast Des.

Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 4:50 AM BST
Paulie is getting on my nerves tonight.
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 4:51 AM BST
Thanks, wise, very kind of you. Happy Didn't expect the stoppage, though.
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 4:52 AM BST
Ward won, but the way the ref stopped it was a bit weird.
Report Zazu June 18, 2017 4:52 AM BST
Thought ward was taking over before the stoppage. Kovalev looked out of ideas
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 4:54 AM BST
Some American judges had Kovalev 3 rounds up. Shocked I didn't see it that way.
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 4:54 AM BST

Jun 17, 2017 -- 10:36PM, wisewords wrote:

feel like Ward is taking over

that 5th round was the turning point. you could sense the takeover

Report wisewords June 18, 2017 4:55 AM BST
but the ending was very strange.
Report Zazu June 18, 2017 4:56 AM BST
No one's going to fight Ward now. Back into hibernation
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 4:57 AM BST

Jun 17, 2017 -- 10:56PM, Zazu wrote:

No one's going to fight Ward now. Back into hibernation

are you suggesting the ref/judges are bent for Ward to win his fights?

Report wisewords June 18, 2017 4:58 AM BST
Kellerman is so arrogant.
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 4:59 AM BST
3rd punch was definitely low, ref could've done better, but i'm not complaining. Grin
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 5:00 AM BST
and that ref is an idiot. Ward was going to stop him in the next round regardless. by stopping it prematurely it opens up the avenue for all these complaints
Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 5:00 AM BST
Kellerman wants to tell the fighters what to think. he should just shut up and listen to them.
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 5:01 AM BST

Jun 17, 2017 -- 11:00PM, Des Pond wrote:

Kellerman wants to tell the fighters what to think. he should just shut up and listen to them.

yup. he's really terrible at being arrogant.

Report Des Pond June 18, 2017 5:04 AM BST
Good night, gents.
Report Zazu June 18, 2017 5:04 AM BST
Don't think the stoppage was that bad at all. Kovalev claiming lowblow and stopped defending if ward was ruthless he could easily have just sparked him out then
Report wisewords June 18, 2017 5:11 AM BST
I guess the issue was Kovalev's engine again. he gassed huge because Ward was constantly making him move
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 18, 2017 9:25 AM BST
Ward was on the brink of stopping Kovalev anyway when Tony Weeks stepped in, in fairness to Weeks, Kovalev was not defending himself so he felt he had to do something, some have said he should have given him a standing count instead. There was another instance in the fight when Kovalev was claiming a low blow and stopped defending himself and Ward stopped and looked at Weeks.
For me after round 5 or 6 Kovalev did not want any of it for whatever reason, probably worked out the fight was starting to go away from him which it was (Ward was ahead on 2 scorecards).
Report spyker June 18, 2017 12:05 PM BST
Ward was on the brink of stopping Kovalev anyway when Tony Weeks stepped in

Eh? First off no financial interest but every one of the low punches Kov complained about was just that - some not so bad and he should have carried on - but the 3 that stooped the fight were blatant and right in front of the ref. I defy you to take a shot to the head that he took and then 3 low shots - 1 bang on target - and not looked knackered for a short time! Shame that another sporting occasion has been ruined by the officials, who seem to have admitted they were wrong after the fact.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com