Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Eeternaloptimist
30 May 15 00:59
| Topic/replies: 38,236 | Blogger: Eeternaloptimist's blog
We may learn a bit about Joshua in this fight. If he can stop Johnson that will be some achievement and if he gets taken to the later rounds we will get a sense of what his stamina is like. Hope he isn't another over muscled Bruno type who fades down the stretch.
Pause Switch to Standard View Will Joshua stop Johnson?
Show More
Report GRANTCKING May 30, 2015 11:21 AM BST
I just hope johnson lands on AJ atleast once so we can see how he takes it
Report Sabu May 30, 2015 11:26 AM BST
Be surprised if AJ lets this go beyond 5
Report treble May 30, 2015 8:58 PM BST
I dont care what people say, Johnson has proved himself an exceptionally tough nut to crack. Yeah, you'll beat him on points, but as for stopping him, you really have to go some to achieve what no man, including Vitali Klitschko, has achieved.

If AJ walks out of the 02 with his KO record intact, I will be very impressed.
Report Cockahoop May 30, 2015 10:27 PM BST
:)
Report the.mad.dog.man May 30, 2015 11:05 PM BST
eddie hearn  is embarrassing boxing so is joshua
Report pan07 May 30, 2015 11:54 PM BST
eddie hearn  is embarrassing boxing so is joshua
only to people we a brain sadly hearn has 99% to work we
Report Eeternaloptimist May 31, 2015 12:57 AM BST
I certainly don't see how Joshua is embarrassing anybody and Hearn is following a tried and tested formula for delivering him into world class. Nobody can say that Johnson wasn't a move up for Joshua in the level of his opponent. A boxer who has fought regularly at a good level, fighting for the title and never being stopped. Until tonight where he wasn't just stopped but smashed to bits. The problem for Joshua is the tiers in the division at the moment. There's Wlad and then below him a handful of other good fighters. Once you go outside that shallow pool the quality in depth isn't there so fighters like Joshua aren't getting the exposure on the way up to the type of fighter they will learn from. Although at the moment he can't learn much from anybody because he's banging them out.
Report Howdi May 31, 2015 8:24 AM BST
Fury v Joshua (how would you price it).
Report alabaster crashes down May 31, 2015 10:43 AM BST
**** all wrong with Joshuas progression so far.

Hard not to be excited about him, early ddays but he looks legit
Report ZEALOT May 31, 2015 12:25 PM BST
Johnson looked like hed been on nights and had no kip
Report Eeternaloptimist May 31, 2015 1:19 PM BST
I think they'd be mad to risk Joshua's progress with a Fury fight right now Howdi. They are both top prospects and could meet down the line in a world title fight for a lot of money.
Report the.mad.dog.man May 31, 2015 1:38 PM BST
i think if someone hit joshua back he would cry
Report the.mad.dog.man May 31, 2015 5:14 PM BST
hes sparring partners are better then hes fighting in the ringLaughLaugh
Report Howdi May 31, 2015 9:42 PM BST
cheers pal but if they fought in November how would u price it id be interested to know????
Report Eeternaloptimist June 1, 2015 12:47 AM BST
If they fought in November Howdi that would mean Joshua has another couple of fights under his belt. If they are tomato cans which he blows away quickly there still remain some question marks about him regarding his own chin and his stamina. Consequently, two impressive victories against journey men and I personally would still make Fury a slight favourite. If he goes in with a couple of better quality fighters who manage to land some on him and they extend him into the later rounds and he comes through then some people may not be as impressed but for me it will address a couple of the remaining issues and at that stage it becomes a pick em fight. Another two or three years if he continues to progress and answer the questions as he moves up the food chain if they then meet in a world title bout then I could easily see Joshua being a firm betting favourite but a lot can happen between now and then.

Despite Johnson adding a little lustre to the record the reality is he was coming off losses and had been inactive and didn't look that interested when he got into the ring. Take him off the ledger and Joshua is still fighting a couple of rungs below Fury at the moment. Rightly so. They don't need to rush him despite what people shout.
Report the.mad.dog.man June 1, 2015 11:53 AM BST
my friend whos been in boxing all his life thinks joshua the real deal but he should prove it by fighting someone who hits back hearn only thinking of  linning his pockets  with dollars and £££££££££ hes doing joshua no favours with this fights COME ON JOSHUS PROVE YOUR TOP CLASS
Report Eeternaloptimist June 1, 2015 6:46 PM BST
Taking into account he's fought about 20 professional rounds who would you like Joshua to fight Mad Dog?
Report GRANTCKING June 1, 2015 7:26 PM BST

Jun 1, 2015 -- 12:46PM, Eeternaloptimist wrote:

Taking into account he's fought about 20 professional rounds who would you like Joshua to fight Mad Dog?

price or chisora

Report Eeternaloptimist June 1, 2015 8:37 PM BST
My thought was a fight with Chisora would be one I'd be looking to make. That would hardly prove he's top class though would it? Another and logical next step on a long road I'd say.
Report GRANTCKING June 1, 2015 9:47 PM BST

Jun 1, 2015 -- 2:37PM, Eeternaloptimist wrote:

My thought was a fight with Chisora would be one I'd be looking to make. That would hardly prove he's top class though would it? Another and logical next step on a long road I'd say.

nah woudnt prove hes world class, chisora would throw a few punches tho and hopefully land something so we can see how AJ takes it

Report mightymoyes June 2, 2015 6:22 PM BST
Manuel charr who hearn mentioned would surely be a better option than a spent chisora.
Report joe9000 June 2, 2015 7:03 PM BST
Only reason Hearn is mentioning Charr is cos he has been absolute dirt in his 2 most recent fights
Report the.mad.dog.man June 2, 2015 7:03 PM BST
eddie hearn looking round the bingo halls for someone to fight joshua
Report Eeternaloptimist June 2, 2015 8:58 PM BST
You keep having a dig Mad Dog but you didn't answer the question. Joshua is in a difficult position. He's very inexperienced and although he won Olympic Gold he started boxing late and has had very few pro rounds. You seem to want to throw him to the wolves to satisfy your blood lust but Hearn must know that if he answers the questions about chin and stamina Joshua could have a long career at the top level. So why rush him before he's ready and who would you want to see him in with?
Report the.mad.dog.man June 2, 2015 9:06 PM BST
money money money money money money money money money moneyLaughLaughLaugh
Report anfeild June 2, 2015 9:14 PM BST
Well he has to fight someone up a level. Chisora would just be another slaughter job. Surely he needs to be tested by someone who can at least offer something. He is either good enough or he's not. If he's good enough he'll be able to deal with a better class of fighter. Little point in fighting any more bar brawlers in fairness. He's had enough of them.
Report joe9000 June 2, 2015 9:29 PM BST
I'm sure all these Japanese kids with world titles after a handful of fights, wud laugh at the suggestion that a 25 year old, Olympic gold medalist was inexperienced. Ioka, Inoue and Tanaka had a combined 15 fights by time they fought for world title and none were older than 21 and between them had very little international amateur success
Report the.mad.dog.man June 2, 2015 9:52 PM BST
will not be long before the crowds start booing him if keeps having this mismatchs
Report Eeternaloptimist June 2, 2015 11:41 PM BST
Come on Joe you can't be serious. That's like comparing apples and oranges. Ioka? Several losses on his ledger and done before 30 at the minimum weight where there is hardly any competition. Inoue, yes a handful of fights but again in a very low weight division with little strength in depth and despite the number of fights he has far more rounds under his belt than Joshua. Same with Tanaka. Minimum weight. No strength in depth which is why guys can fight for and win titles after four or five fights. You often have to get these guys early because by their mid 20's they are often shop soiled.

Totally different in the heavyweight division. In the last 30 years Tyson bucked a clear trend towards older heavies hitting their peak in their early 30's. Now we still have Wlad at the top of the tree in his late 30's and Wilder coming towards his peak at 30. As Lewis, Holy, Vitali and Wlad showed Heavyweight has become the preserve of the older fighter.

Someone like Witherspoon fought for the title after a similar number of fights and he proved to be one of the potential greats who got away and arguably because he came too soon. How good could he have been if he had fought for the title at 26/27 with another ten or twelve fights under his belt? We'll never know but we do know he didn't scale the heights his talent demanded.

If you're looking to make a quick buck then sure feed Joshua to the lions.
Report joe9000 June 3, 2015 2:28 AM BST
Ioka doesn't have several losses, he has 1 loss and is now a 3 weight world title holder.

As for the fact that the Japs are fast tracking at lower weights, and what, heavyweight is far from a strong, stacked division lets be fair about it. Wlad apart who does Joshua go in with that we all give him zero chance....
Report joe9000 June 3, 2015 2:37 AM BST
Add Luke Campbell also to my argument on this. Another Gold medallist been fed bums
Report Eeternaloptimist June 3, 2015 2:41 PM BST
These are low weight fighters who mature early and are often done by the time they hit 30. Today's heavyweights don't even tend to peak until then. I agree that you'd give him a shout against anybody but if that results in a loss how will that affect him as a fighter and how will it affect the public perception of him and thus his earning potential? The people have helped create this problem by the obsession with the magic 0.
Report joe9000 June 3, 2015 4:34 PM BST
Its more a board issue than a promoter or fighter problem this side of world anyways. Using Japan again as an example, they have procedures in place to allow for talented amateurs to start at their proper level and also they insist on them winning a national title b4 they challenge for world title. The British board r sleeping with regards this issue, Gamal Yafai for example was put in with dangerously out matched opponents at start of his pro career.

Agree with the obsession with the 0, didn't bother those behind Lomachenko though when they put him in the Salido fight. He was back on the horse straight away.

Im a big fan of Jason Quigley and he's in a similar situation with Goldenboy over in America. Fighting complete thrash and as world silver medallist should be starting at a higher level imo.
Report the.mad.dog.man June 12, 2015 1:29 PM BST
surely joshua could have found some old person round the bingo halls to fight this weekend
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com