Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GREEDISGOOD
19 Jan 15 20:01
| Topic/replies: 2,988 | Blogger: GREEDISGOOD's blog
With the wilder fight which I predicted to be a one sided beat down.  the Alvarado- rios fight mightl be a close call.  Not  making a prediction till, i see more recent training vids and until  I see them an hour before the fight.  This fight is purely based on who has the more heart and determination on the day.
Pause Switch to Standard View AVOCADO V RIOS 3 . THE C class...
Show More
Report alabaster crashes down January 20, 2015 11:28 PM GMT
Both look shadows of their former selves but for me Mike is completely done and hasn't got enough left to get on his toes and outbox Rios. Only one winner when these to go to war so got to fancy Rios.
Report sj January 21, 2015 3:06 PM GMT
same here ACD took the 10-11
Report Sabu January 23, 2015 7:51 PM GMT
+2
Report Sabu January 23, 2015 7:53 PM GMT
Bit put off though btw Rios is being picked across the board, never like that
Report alabaster crashes down January 23, 2015 8:45 PM GMT
Take a look at Alvarados public workout and it's no wonder there is support for Rios....genuinely wouldn't be suprised if mike tests positive for Meth.
Report alabaster crashes down January 23, 2015 8:58 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZMFBO-5das#t=21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2TBiS3E0QY

Rios gonna steamroll him within 5 for me.
Report joe9000 January 23, 2015 10:20 PM GMT
Alvarado with an early shock as he makes weight.... Plus his speech seems to have picked up an unreal amount, so must have cut down heavily on the drugs and drink this week.
Report joe9000 January 25, 2015 12:46 AM GMT
Oleksandr Gvozdyk looks a beast. Gonna b a short nite judging by way the 1st 3 fights have gone
Report Sabu January 25, 2015 2:25 AM GMT
For the record, thread titles like this make you a d*ck, need respect for these two who have brought a lot of entertainment and guts to the sport
Report Big Dog January 25, 2015 4:09 AM GMT
What a beating this is so far
Report Big Dog January 25, 2015 4:10 AM GMT
And Alvarado doesn't come out for the 4th
Report joe9000 January 25, 2015 4:12 AM GMT
Has to get back to the pub sure...drinking and lines to be doin, ain't got no time 4 this boxing thing!
Report Horangi. January 25, 2015 5:51 PM GMT
Alabaster thks for the post with the links to the videos.  Wasn't paying much attention to this fight but after I familiarized myself with Alvarado's issues had to get money down on Rios.

Alvarado looks to have some serious lifestyle problems, hope he can deal with it as his boxing fame/money fades away now.
Report alabaster crashes down January 25, 2015 7:55 PM GMT
no problem mate, good night for everyone I think. Happy

I'd like to see Rios come over and have a crack at Brook's belt
Report GREEDISGOOD January 25, 2015 11:18 PM GMT
missed it.  didn't want to stay up too late for a poor match.  got on rios medium though as i thought avocado was training and lookin like malignaggi in training.
Report joe9000 January 26, 2015 6:49 PM GMT
Not a chance in a million Hearn will pay the sort of money required to get Rios over
Report alabaster crashes down January 26, 2015 10:04 PM GMT
no reason why not if its a PPV. There's talk of JMM even, Rios would be much cheaper it would be the only sniff of a belt he's getting any time soon. Rios picked up less than $1 million on saturday...Hearn has already paid bigger purses to Groves, Kessler and Bute as opponents.
Report joe9000 January 27, 2015 3:21 PM GMT
Rios got guaranteed $4 mill for the pacman fight, Hearn ain't paying even half that. Plus is plenty of fights for him in US for more money and less travel, he ain't worried bout belts either, just wants the cash.

As for the JMM fite, looks like he's thinking Wembley by looks of it. Hard sell that imo. Plus, there is the obvious drug testing hurdle.
Report alabaster crashes down January 27, 2015 4:28 PM GMT
Rios can't make anywhere near that sort of money against anyone not named Pac or Floyd...neither of which is going to happen.

He got 900k on saturday, 925k against chaves, 1.25 mill for alvarado 2, 850k for Alvarado 1, 450k for Abril

With PPV and a sold out MEN or Bramhall Lane Hearn could easily offer Rios £2 million sterling (same as Kessler got for a PPV that only did 250k views) That's over 3 million dollars. Who can he fight in the USA for even half that??? Never mind the fact that he would have a good chance of picking up the belt and earning big money off that in his final few fights.

I'm not saying it definitely will happen but if they're determined to have a big PPV fight at home this summer and khan doesn't want it then there are very few possible names and Rios is one of the more likely.

I can't see JMM happening at all but Nacho has made a few comments about it so who knows maybe the belt means a lot to him.
Report sj January 27, 2015 4:42 PM GMT
I'm still busy trying to compute Hearn and offering a fighter 2 millionConfused Maybe he could bring Rios over to finish off what is left of Gavin's wasted career
Report joe9000 January 27, 2015 4:50 PM GMT
You seem to be missing the most important factor of a possible Brook Rios fight though....ur average casual wudn't know who Rios was if they were locked in a phonebox with him.

"Who can he fight in the USA for even half that???" Ortiz, Bradley, Chaves rematch...
Report alabaster crashes down January 27, 2015 5:28 PM GMT
sj I don't know why you struggle with that when he's done it twice in the last two years with Kessler and Groves.

Joe, Rios is going to get a career high purse by some way against ****g Ortiz, Chaves or being the B-side against Bradley in a non title bout? ok.

I'll grant you that Rios is hardly a household name but I'm not sure that matters...a former Manny opponent, Exciting style, genuinely good fight...they could easily sell enough PPV's to cover the purses. Even a very conservative 250k buys = £4million + £2million on the gate etc etc.

Clearly they are desperately hoping the Khan fight comes off, but if it doesn't they have two choices...give up home advantage go over to America and lose all their revenue streams or put on a big PPV fight to make up for missing out on Khan.

So who could they bring over?

Thurman - zero chance of Haymon allowing his hot prospect over.
JMM - Drugs, huge purse would probably mean gambling they could sell out Wembley or Old Trafford. Semi-retired anyway.
Bradley - possible but tough fight and expensive
Maidana - maybe, doesn't seem interested though

If they want to fight at home they are pretty limited
Report alabaster crashes down January 27, 2015 5:33 PM GMT
the two million figure was pretty much off the top of my head as what could be affordable btw, it might not even take that much for Rios considering that would be triple what he could get fighting someone else at home.
Report sj January 27, 2015 5:44 PM GMT
Considering he tried not to pay Groves £1 Million for the Froch rematch. With all the trash talk, the controvsersy of the first fight the filling of Wembley and PPV numbers I cant see him doubling that figure. Or getting the same figure.
The Casuals wont know who Billy Rios is. There's a reason why Hearn is signing loads of Brit fighters, its for the mong brigade trash talking battle of Britain types.
Report sj January 27, 2015 5:47 PM GMT
The Hearn business plan is as follows. Sign two average to decent Brit fighters. Get them on the Ringside set. Get them to carry out WWE style trash talk. Retweet as much as possible on Twitter. Use the word needle repeatedly. Put on PPV(always drop in Stadium fights)
Report sj January 27, 2015 5:49 PM GMT
I do remember him tellign us he'd get Arthur Abraham over to Liverpool wait for it at ANFIELD Wink Then of course there is the possible Selby V Warrington fight wait for it at ELLAND ROAD.
Wonder what happened to his "I'd like to get 1 world title fight for a british fighter every month"
Report joe9000 January 27, 2015 5:59 PM GMT
I just don't get why boxing has become more bout economics than sport. We now have fans actively arguing to get PPV fights. Bizarrely all this on same day as Frampton yet again properly mugs Hearn off.

If he gets Rios over, fair enuf, i'll be wrong and i'll admit it. Wouldn't mind seeing Brook v Bundu still somewhere along the way.

More in his line to hurry up and sort out getting Gradovich over 4 Selby neways b4 he starts thinking bout Brooks next move.
Report alabaster crashes down January 27, 2015 6:17 PM GMT
I just don't get why boxing has become more bout economics than sport. We now have fans actively arguing to get PPV fights.

Bit ironic Joe considering my first post on the subject was "I'd like to see Rios come over for a crack at Brooks belt" and you were the one who dived in talking about the economics of it. Laugh
Report joe9000 January 27, 2015 6:29 PM GMT
I'm more on about why people like yourself use the cost of getting someone over to justify having to pay PPV. With the Haymon NBC deal and Frampton today, its starting to show that boxing can return to non satellite/PPV platforms. Its the issue of PPV I have a problem with.
Report alabaster crashes down January 27, 2015 7:09 PM GMT
Yeah but your first post was "not a chance in hell Hearn pays the sort of money required to get Rios over"...if you agree that it would take in the region of £2 million to get someone like Rios over how exactly is that possible without PPV?

For me that is what PPV is for and if it was soley used in those circumstances I wouldn't have any objections to it. I'd rather pay £17 and see the fight than not see it at all.

Haymon has just paid NBC $20 million for blocks of airtime you really think there isn't a PPV pay off at the other end of that? He's making a huge investment and and the end of it there'll be a subscription to pay.

I think Barry has pulled off a masterstroke getting the ITV deal today but the finances of that fight are much smaller and he's clearly using his own fame to play a long game, that will probably culminate in PPV.

Hey, fair play if Barry can get a terrestrial network to start stumping up multi millions for fight purses, it would be brilliant for the game, but in this age of fragmented advertising revenues I very much doubt it. It's pointless comparing the modern era, with all it's distractions competing for your money, with the situation just 20 odd years ago when you had 20 million people sitting round a 4-channel TV on a Saturday night.
Report joe9000 January 27, 2015 7:29 PM GMT
"For me that is what PPV is for and if it was soley used in those circumstances I wouldn't have any objections to it"

But we know he has abused it in the past...and no doubt will again in the near future.

The Hearns have gone increasingly money mad of late, its like all roads lead to PPV from them recently.
Report joe9000 January 27, 2015 7:31 PM GMT
Eddie today mentioned JMM and Maidana as possibles for him next. So Rios mite not even b an option already
Report alabaster crashes down January 27, 2015 7:51 PM GMT
yeah just watched the interview, no interest in Rios at all it seems, shame I like that fight.

JMM is obviously a great fight too though. I guess Maidana is more credible than Rios in reality but it doesn't appeal as much to me personally...I really wanted to see how Kell reacted when Rios turned up the heat in the pocket. Brook would probably be able to clinch away Maidana's wild aggression the same way he did Porters, I think Rios would be whipping them uppercuts and hooks on the inside all night long and Kell might find himself in Carson Jones situation with a much superior fighter.
Report tobermory January 28, 2015 3:41 AM GMT
I couldn't see anyone as slow as Rios troubling Brook at all . An over the hill John Murray gave Rios a competitive fight .

As for Brook on PPV , if Hearn puts Cleverly/Bellew II PPV , Brook vs almost anybody could concievably be on Box Office .

I agree though that it shouldn't take too much money to bring a fringe of world class American over here ..... i read Devon Alexander was paid 30k for fighting Khan Surprised
Report alabaster crashes down January 28, 2015 7:52 AM GMT
If Carson Jones can have Brook having kittens then I'm pretty sure Rios poses him some questions tobe, not saying he'd lose necessarily but it would definitely be a possibility. Murray - Rios was competitive in the sense that Murray ended up looking like he'd been run over by a tractor. Anyway it aint happening by the sounds of it.

Devon was paid $600k for the khan fight mate dunno where you read that? As a rule of thumb double it to get him across the atlantic? So £800k sterling for Devon Alexander to come over..could they cover that without PPV...yeah probably at a push if they had to but they'd be ****g mad to the fight means nothing.

It doesn't take too much to bring a fringe world class fighter across the water...that's why they're bringing Jo Jo Dan over and putting it on regular sky.

Who would you honestly have him fight after that that would cost peanuts?

Soto Karass?
Josesito Lopez?

If he ends up fighting that level of opponent most will moan. It's a clear choice....fight average fare at home on SKY 1, go to America,  or put it on PPV to get a Maidana, JMM over.
Report sj January 28, 2015 4:48 PM GMT
How many PPV's are you after a year mate? I thought Warren was bad but Jesus
Report sj January 28, 2015 4:51 PM GMT
"anyone seen the ifl interview where hearn mentions Brook v Gavin needs to be built into a "huge ppv fight" ?

oh dear.

Just saw this on Livefight. Please please tell me this didnt happen.
Report sj January 28, 2015 5:11 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXepnZyXsgA

Sweet Jesus its true. Its like listening to a real life David Brent
Report alabaster crashes down January 28, 2015 6:41 PM GMT
How many PPV's are you after a year mate? I thought Warren was bad but Jesus

whatever mate. You boys seem to love taking cheap shots but you don't back it up with anything do you? Believe it or not I'd like never to pay for anything in life just like everybody else.

Perhaps you really just want to see Brook defend at home against Eurobums to give you something else to moan about? Me, I don't mind shelling out a few quid a few times a year if it means a genuinely big fight gets made.
Report joe9000 January 28, 2015 6:56 PM GMT
Brook isn't a PPV star. I'm not exactly sure what part of that you find hard to understand. Is Brook Khan a definite PPV fight, yes of course.

There seems to be this "all roads lead to PPV" strategy from Matchroom of late. As SJ says, to even joke that Brook Gavin cud ever be PPV is outrageous, nevermind that Hearn was fully serious wen he said it ffs.

There is a handful of Fighters who are genuinely PPV fighters worldwide. We don't want a situation where we are goin down the road of Poland or Australia for example where even total joke fights are PPV.

If GGG isn't on PPV yet, and Hopkins Kovalev wasn't a PPV fight, that tells its own story.
Report alabaster crashes down January 28, 2015 7:16 PM GMT
Sorry Joe you're gonna have to clarify that for me...

Brook isnt a PPV fighter but Brook-Khan is a PPV fight?

So is Brook-JMM a PPV fight? Is Brook-Maidana a PPV fight?

Do you want Brook to fight lesser opponents?

What exactly is your point?

I completely agree re the Australia PPv situation, that's why I was on here completely slagging off Bellew-Clev.

I don't see how your last point is relevant to the UK situation so I'll skip over that. The yanks paying $75 per fight have got serious problems imo.

And once again before I'm tarred with 'the man who loves paying extra money out' tag...this whole conversation began with me saying I wouldnt mind watching Brook-Rios Laugh
Report joe9000 January 28, 2015 7:35 PM GMT
Brook isnt a PPV fighter but Brook-Khan is a PPV fight? This doesn't need clarifying

So is Brook-JMM a PPV fight? Is Brook-Maidana a PPV fight? Imo, Maybe (but deffo will be). No (but deffo will be)

Do you want Brook to fight lesser opponents? I don't care who he fights to a certain extent. Have u heard me criticise the Dan fight?? No, no problem with it, even if Bizier got robbed last time out. As long as he's not created wrongly into sum1 who fights exclusively on PPV regardless of oppo, i've no issue with his opponents. As i said b4, Bundu is a steady fight 4 him 4 example.

What exactly is your point? What exactly is your point Laugh

All in all man, u and me have had all this out b4 if i recall correctly. I don't trust Hearn to not abuse the PPV platform, as proved by Bellew Clev. U on other hand have a differing opinion, which is fine, thats life, people disagree.
Report alabaster crashes down January 28, 2015 7:57 PM GMT
My point is quite clear mate...the purses of top american fighters mean that the only hope we have of seeing them on these shores is to put them on PPV. I just don't see how you can argue against that? It's been that way for 20 years now.

Bundu would be a ****g gash fight for Brook after his mandatory but hey if you'd rather watch that for free than pay 17 quid for Brook-JMM then fill your boots. Different strokes for different folks at least I understand your point now...you want to watch mediocre fights for free. Hopefully you understand mine...I'm quite happy to pay to see extraordinary fights.
Report joe9000 January 28, 2015 8:02 PM GMT
Have fun so paying to watch Brook Gavin in an extraordinary fight Crazy
Report alabaster crashes down January 28, 2015 8:07 PM GMT
Ok mate you keep wetting ya knickers about all the **** things that could possibly ever happen some terrible day in the future...a glass half full man I see? Laugh
Report joe9000 January 28, 2015 8:10 PM GMT
Eddie said yesterday that it was a PPV fite...so it clearly must be true Cry
Report alabaster crashes down January 28, 2015 8:12 PM GMT
I can see the headlines tomorrow mate "Promotor signs new fighter and says he can take him to the top" shocking stuff
Report joe9000 January 28, 2015 8:18 PM GMT
When its Gavin and he's fooling no1, yes it is shocking
Report sj January 28, 2015 8:22 PM GMT
alabaster crashes down
alabaster crashes down 28 Jan 15 20:12 Joined: 13 Feb 08 | Topic/replies: 1,864 | Blogger: alabaster crashes down's blog
I can see the headlines tomorrow mate "Promotor signs new fighter and says he can take him to the top" shocking stuff

Man who loses to Bundu, has a shocking style(Lets not forget what HBO done with Rigondeaux) scraped past Bradley Skeete is gonna be a PPV star in a year?
Come on now you have to draw the line somewhere mate FFS.
So we'll have 2 Brook PPV's 2 Froch PPV's Deagle Groves PPV Quigg Frampton PPV Joshua will be in 12-18 months Have I missed any off?
Report alabaster crashes down January 28, 2015 8:31 PM GMT
If Frankie Gavin makes it on to PPV I'll eat my ****g hat...It's just promotional bluster isnt it...even if he does actually believe it its never gonna happen, Frankie likely gets wasted  within the next 12 months anyway. It's certainly not worth getting upset about now is it?

I would honestly be amazed if SKY did more than 4 PPVs a year, much more likely that there'll be three. I can live with that as long as the fights are good enough.
Report sj January 28, 2015 8:34 PM GMT
I think it is something to get upset about to be fair mate. He's crushing the sport because he is the only promoter. Chavez Froch Degale Groves Frampton Quigg brook Khan(if he gets his way) there is 4 quickly off the top of my head
Report sj January 28, 2015 8:35 PM GMT
*only promoter on SKY
Report alabaster crashes down January 28, 2015 8:49 PM GMT
Of the four fights you've listed it will be a miracle if two/three get signed at this rate never mind take place this year.

'Crushing the sport' ....come on. I get that he's a smarmy essex ****, but that just bears no relation to reality. none.

There's more boxing on tv than ever before. FFS we've now got Sky, Boxnation, C5, Eurosport and ITV with BT likely soon.

The big cards are better attended than they have been for 20 years. 80,000 at wembley last year and they'll probably do it again this year. The possibility of a record number of British world champions this year. Even ****ign frank has pulled his finger out.

The sport is far from being crushed.
Report sj January 28, 2015 8:55 PM GMT
Well we've got SKY and Boxnation really lets ignore everything Eddie says for a minute. ITV have got a one fight deal for Frampton and Channel 5 have got GGG.
Well if you're getting 80,000 at Wembley(assuming Khan Brook?) again this year that will be on PPV whoever the fight is. Frampton Quigg looks likely for August and I'd be surprised if Degale Groves isnt on so there's 3. Froch would have been also if not for a elbow injury
Report alabaster crashes down January 28, 2015 9:04 PM GMT
Look I'd be very surprised if they put 4 PPVs on in a 6 month period, it would saturate the market and not be in anyone interest. It's a moot point anyway...are you honestly arguing there is less interest in boxing now as a result of Hearn?
Report alabaster crashes down January 28, 2015 9:07 PM GMT
and just to clarify I'd love nothing more than for Barry to pull a rabbit out of the hat and somehow convince ITV to put the cash up for Quigg-Frampton. It would be fantastic but we all know its not very likely...who are we blaming for that exactly?
Report sj January 28, 2015 9:08 PM GMT
I'd say he is destroying it for the real fans. He's tapped into the to ssrag football/darts brigade and is going all out for that. Bellew Cleverly PPV. Why? Cos we'll get em on a Ringside set speak a load of WWE cobblers and the casuals will swallow it.
Fair play to the bloke he's a great businessman doesnt mean I have to agree with what he does.
Report alabaster crashes down January 28, 2015 9:11 PM GMT
ffs here I am in the position of defending Hearn again...I dont even like the bloke...I just haven't got a pathological hatred for everything he does.
Report alabaster crashes down January 28, 2015 9:14 PM GMT
I'd say he is destroying it for the real fans.

Ok I can at least empathise with that...when football in england had it's soul ripped out post Taylor report it completely ruined the sport for me...I get that you're coming from a similar angle. I don't really agree though, time will tell.
Report tobermory January 29, 2015 3:26 AM GMT
Devon was paid $600k for the khan fight mate dunno where you read that?

yeah sure he was sorry

went back to where i got that and i'd just misread the big list of fighter's purses for that weekend . it was Bradley's opponent that got 35k . Recall thinking at the time why Aleaxnder didn't just go and work on a building site instead of fighting Khan.

For the PPV debate it's fair to say that Brook/Rios would be reasonable compared to PPVs generally . And preferable to Brook v AN Other on regular sky sports . I guess the concern people have is that Hearn might think he can put Brook v AN Other on Box Office . Certainly worrying if he sees Frankie Gavin as a potential PPV, someone with zero momentum and who has been involved in some of the dullest fights ever televised .
Report alabaster crashes down January 29, 2015 7:54 AM GMT
Recall thinking at the time why Aleaxnder didn't just go and work on a building site instead of fighting Khan.

LaughHe'd have probably done a better job on a building site
Report tobermory January 30, 2015 4:12 AM GMT
Laugh
Report joe9000 April 10, 2015 12:40 PM BST

Jan 28, 2015 -- 2:31PM, alabaster crashes down wrote:

If Frankie Gavin makes it on to PPV I'll eat my ****g hat...It's just promotional bluster isnt it...even if he does actually believe it its never gonna happen, Frankie likely gets wasted  within the next 12 months anyway. It's certainly not worth getting upset about now is it?I would honestly be amazed if SKY did more than 4 PPVs a year, much more likely that there'll be three. I can live with that as long as the fights are good enough.

What sort of hat will you be eating?....Crazy

Report happyhibee April 10, 2015 1:19 PM BST
Just about fed up with this nonsense from matchroom. His last 2 Saturday night cards have been brutally bad and totally 1 sided but as soon as he puts on a decent card it's £15 extra thanks. Where does it end are we gonna have to start paying extra for Man Utd v Chelsea in a year or two but we can watch Stoke v Leicester free??

How Frankie Gavin has a world title shot is beyond me but to then make you try and pay for it I'll pass thanks
Report joe9000 April 10, 2015 1:42 PM BST
I think Hearn is gonna have to employ a whole team of spin doctors to help him on this one. I thought the reaction on social media was bad to bellew Clev, tis even worse for this one. Which is actually crazy cos as a card this one is much better, but even the most casual of casuals is looking at this and thinking wtf is Gavin doing headlining a PPV card. All the talk of Khan, Mayweather, Thurman, Pacman, Marquez etc etc and who do we get, Jo Jo Dan and Frankie Gavin. Tis only 2 months ago Hearn literally laughed off suggestions that Gavin cud go in with Brook and now look where we are. Hearn has no shame whatsoever
Report alabaster crashes down April 10, 2015 4:38 PM BST
lol I better get looking through my hat drawer. Laugh

As I said in the other thread Brook-Gavin is a bullshit fight but Im not dead against it because its just a keep busy for Kell and hopefully will be the end of Gavin...but why on earth would they put it top of the bill though?

It's actually a very good card, well more like 3 good cards shoehorned into one. I can well believe they're getting more stick than they did for Clev-Bellew, it's annoyed me more too tbh cos for that one I could accept that the Brook injury had forced their hand...this is clearly the model now though, serve up **** on the regular shows and then overload a card with "good" fights once every few months for PPV. I'm not a fan of that model at all, for a start it becomes a hard slog watching 6 hours of fights, inevitably the fights lower down the card lose their lustre.

'Suicide' Frankie Gavin headlining a PPV, that has me chuckling Laugh
Report joe9000 April 10, 2015 4:54 PM BST
My fave Matchroom development is that Joshua has now been turned into some gap plugger when cards collapse. Got pulled onto the Newcastle card to "save" that, now he's had to go on the Brum card.

As you say this model is totally the wrong way to be going. Selby and Mitchell shud be headling their own shows in Wales and London, Brook shudn't be fighting Gavin anywhere.

All these hours later and the reaction to this card is not in anyway turning, so overwhelmingly negative. Like you say, stacked cards like this are agony to watch cos of the length and the earlier fights which on this card r very decent, cud be crackers on a much later regular saturday nite slot.
Report sj June 6, 2015 1:56 PM BST
alabaster crashes down
alabaster crashes down 28 Jan 15 20:31 Joined: 13 Feb 08 | Topic/replies: 1,977 | Blogger: alabaster crashes down's blog
If Frankie Gavin makes it on to PPV I'll eat my ****g hat...It's just promotional bluster isnt it...even if he does actually believe it its never gonna happen, Frankie likely gets wasted  within the next 12 months anyway. It's certainly not worth getting upset about now is it?

I would honestly be amazed if SKY did more than 4 PPVs a year, much more likely that there'll be three. I can live with that as long as the fights are good enough.

Sorry mate been off a while when the Betfair cyber attack happened, but I had to Wink Oh and by the way looks like Hearn has landed himself an exclusive PPV deal with SKY for the next 6 years. SKY looking at 8 PPV's a year apparently. You were warned Whoops
Report alabaster crashes down June 9, 2015 5:36 AM BST
Ha it's a fair cop, it was a cracking card tho mate you must admit, well at least until fun time  appeared.

I can't see 8 a year myself but we 'll see...

By the by, 11/8 iwasa against Haskins?
Report sj June 9, 2015 5:02 PM BST
Agree 100% mate. Seen some on Dailymotion KO price could be interesting as well mate
Report alabaster crashes down June 9, 2015 9:56 PM BST
Yeah at the very least the odds look the wrong way round.

What you feel about cotto canelo? Seem to remember you're a bigger canelo fan than myself, Great fight but I got cotto atm i think.
Report sj June 11, 2015 3:10 PM BST
Some reason my post has been deleted. Quite a long post so I'll keep this one short I'll be going to the fight
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com