Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
22 Feb 14 01:30
| Topic/replies: 55,864 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
Both should have enough left to make a great fight hopefully
Pause Switch to Standard View Miguel Cotto v Sergio Martinez : June...
Show More
Report sj February 22, 2014 10:29 AM GMT
Booked my flights and Hotel. MSG(greatest fight arena in the world) here we come
Report mightymoyes February 22, 2014 12:15 PM GMT
how many days do you usually go over for sj?
Report sj February 22, 2014 3:54 PM GMT
Going over on the Thursday mate, coming back Tuesday after the fight
Report builders February 23, 2014 1:56 PM GMT
tricky one to call this one.  Would have thought the Martinez of 3-4 years ago would be too busy. Haven't seen the odds but a 50-50 one imo.
Report plotless February 23, 2014 6:02 PM GMT
sj you guaranteed to get tickets?
Report sj February 23, 2014 6:23 PM GMT
You'll have to be sharp off the mark but should be ok. Think Garden holds about 25,000
Report sj March 12, 2014 7:31 PM GMT
Tickets bought, Ringside. War Cotto
Report Horangi. March 12, 2014 9:53 PM GMT
Martinez is totally shot to ****, and was never really a top lb for lb guy to start.  I'm very confident Cotto will knock out Martinez.

I honestly think Martinez is just looking for one last good payday.
Report alabaster crashes down March 17, 2014 10:12 AM GMT
cotto 2/1 sergio 4/11 Paddies. Surprising spread...
Report joe9000 March 18, 2014 5:32 PM GMT
couple of firms up now, both 2s on Cotto. Surely worth taking that price now, as I can't see any1 going bigger and surely he goes off much shorter than that.
Report tobermory March 18, 2014 7:12 PM GMT
I honestly think Martinez is just looking for one last good payday.

I thought that as Martinez basically agreed with anything Cotto wanted to get this signed and sealed :

Cotto will enter ring 2nd even though he is challenger , and it is Cotto v Martinez officially rather than the other way around , as well as the 159 ib catchweight.

So he really wanted to make sure he gets this last ever payday / pension fund .

Though maybe he thinks Cotto will be an easy night's work Mischief
Report Horangi. March 31, 2014 6:02 PM BST
I believe Martinez still thinks he will beat Cotto but he's just a bit delusional now.  Success causes/enhances delusion. 

From what I've seen of Martinez in his last 4-5 fights there is nothing to suggest he can beat a game Miguel Cotto.  Not even taking into account his aging and the injuries which are wearing him down.  Since his one punch ok of Williams a few years ago his last five bouts have not been overly impressive if you look closely. 

Dzinziruk - Dzinziruk was actually starting to come on before he was finally stopped.  He was landing clean blows and making it interesting but the main problem was he couldn't take the power of Martinez.  Dzinziruk didn't go on to do anything after this though as he was given a very generous draw against a prospect and then was demolished by Bryan Vera last year.

Barker - As the scores say at the time of the stoppage he was hardly dominating and Barker, if a I recall correctly, did his fading down the stretch and Martinez's good conditioning paid dividends.

Macklin - Very close fight but again as the fight entered the back end Macklin fatigued and Martinez was able to take advantage.  Macklin even had Sergio down in the 7th.

Chavez Jr. - Arguably his easiest victory bar the final round.  His movement was just too much for plodding Jr. but in the final round he was brutalized as Jr. finally got to him and had him in dire straits as the final bell rang.  Martinez was literally out on his feet in that final round.

Murray - What can you say about this one.  Could've gone either way, think I had Murray winning by a couple points but this was a homecoming for Martinez and he was never going to lose a close decision.  Looked like real crap in this one (injuries probably playing a factor) and Murray had him hurt and he was there for the taking.  I remember Murray doing next to nothing in the last two rounds almost afraid to win and/or too tired to chase Martinez.  Whatever the case it was a victory by the thinnest of margins against a B level guy at best.

In fact all five fighters can be described as B level guys and really nothing special.  The fact he failed to win convincingly (in reality he didn't despite the 3 ko stoppages and one wide UD) in any of the five speaks volumes about how he is overrated as a fighter and nowhere near a pound for pound great like some talk him up to be.
Report mightymoyes April 26, 2014 6:57 PM BST
is this been picked up by any of the uk channels yet? cant see it on any schedules.
Report tobermory May 18, 2014 2:03 AM BST
This summer’s eagerly anticipated showdown between superstars Sergio Martinez and Miguel Cotto will be shown live and exclusive on BoxNation in the UK.

‘The Channel of Champions’ has once again proved its punching power by landing the mega middleweight world title clash on June 7th at the iconic Madison Square Garden in New York.
This follows an incredible 2014 which has seen the world’s best boxing channel air a host of leading matchups including Floyd Mayweather’s toe-to-toe superfight with Marcos Maidana, plus Manny Pacquiao’s sensational ring return against Tim Bradley.

The addition of Martinez’s defence of his WBC middleweight crown against a rejuvenated Cotto, to the BoxNation calendar, offers fight fans the chance to see two of boxing’s biggest names go at it in a genuine 50-50 fight.

“I am very happy to be back in my second home, Madison Square Garden in New York, to once again make history in front of my fans,” said Cotto. “I will be ready and prepared to do whatever it takes to bring the WBC middleweight championship of the world to my country of Puerto Rico.”
“It has been my dream to fight in the big room at Madison Square Garden, a place where many great fighters have showcased their talents,” said Martinez. “It is the biggest stage in the world and the world will be watching this fight.”

“Miguel Cotto and Sergio Martinez have electrified sports fans during their entire careers,” said Todd duBoef, president of Top Rank. “On June 7, their passionate fans and the nations they represent will finally witness this highly anticipated showdown.”

June 7th will see a doubleheader take place on BoxNation with Stuart Hall set to defend his IBF bantamweight title against rising star Paul Butler at Newcastle’s Metro Radio Arena before going Stateside for the huge New York bill.
Report sj May 18, 2014 2:34 PM BST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_QoQUdgZWc

ExcitedExcitedExcitedExcited Almost here
Report Peter Ridsdale May 18, 2014 3:48 PM BST
Have a great time sj, it should be a great tear up I fancy Cotto has a bit more left in the tank than Martinez.
Report sj May 18, 2014 7:07 PM BST
Cheers Peter how you doing mate?
Report Over2.5 June 1, 2014 10:42 AM BST
come on miguelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Report mactheknife June 1, 2014 3:35 PM BST
Cant believe the price on Cotto here.
Report sj June 1, 2014 3:41 PM BST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z9QJ6ggb6I

24 7 part 1. Fly out Thursday Wink
Report alabaster crashes down June 1, 2014 7:05 PM BST
have a great trip mate

still no MoV on this Sad Tough fight to call but my gut is telling me Sergio gets the stoppage.
Report sj June 1, 2014 7:30 PM BST
If Sergio is at his best he probably stops Miguel late but it s been a hell of a long while since that happened. Martin Murray simply isnt in Cotto's league and if he had belief that night he would of stopped Sergio. Broken hands knee reconstructions 40 years of age and in the Garden where Cotto is worth a 2-3 round start I wouldnt be backing Sergio at 1-2. Tip top Sergio without doubt, think he comes out to make a statement if Cotto is still about after 8 think he wins the fight.
Cotto a lot faster than anything Sergio has fought in a while. I'll play Cotto at 2-1 and fight not to go distance in case Sergio's knees hands hips back and legs are ok Wink
Report sj June 2, 2014 6:19 PM BST
Laid 4-7 Sergio got a dodgy Garden draw on my side as well then
Report Only-the-Brave June 5, 2014 5:05 PM BST
Can't see anything beyond Martinez by KO here myself.
Report alabaster crashes down June 5, 2014 6:13 PM BST
I've had a small go at 11/4 but it's a brave man that takes a big punt on either of these two at this stage of their careers.
Report mightymoyes June 6, 2014 6:05 PM BST
anyone know the expected time(uk) of main event ring walks for this?
Report Duketurtle June 7, 2014 2:07 PM BST
Totally agree with  Al, too many uncertainties with the weight, injuries and absence. Surely a small interest punt if any here, I'm gonna kick back and enjoy the action betless.
Report builders June 7, 2014 3:18 PM BST
surely got to be a small bet on the house fighter in front of a rabid Puerto Rican crowd against inactive, ageing champ?
Report Over2.5 June 7, 2014 4:55 PM BST
you do alot worse then backing the draw here
Report Over2.5 June 7, 2014 4:55 PM BST
could
Report soba June 7, 2014 5:37 PM BST
Cotto, will do well to hear the final bell, Serg looks the bet of the weekend.
Report Duketurtle June 7, 2014 7:23 PM BST
Really can't see a draw. If it's close in the garden, on an arum card against an ageing foreign fighter then it's Cotto's surely. Wouldn't advise against backing it though, they may stitch a Sergio win up as a tie and it could be a good trading punt. Am I agreeing with Over, sort of, here?
Report mokoloko June 8, 2014 1:07 AM BST
anybody know what time undercard starts? wanna see andy lees fight
Report Ahoy 1982 June 8, 2014 1:11 AM BST
He looks like a skeleton at the weight.
Report Ahoy 1982 June 8, 2014 1:12 AM BST
Anywhere I can watch this online?? Stuck in work
Report mokoloko June 8, 2014 1:17 AM BST
has it started?
Report mightymoyes June 8, 2014 1:27 AM BST
2am
Report mokoloko June 8, 2014 1:27 AM BST
happy days
Report Geesyerdosh June 8, 2014 1:28 AM BST
Lee will get battered
Report mokoloko June 8, 2014 1:28 AM BST
that's my opinion too mate
Report Geesyerdosh June 8, 2014 2:07 AM BST
How the hell has Lee managed to get down to 154
Report Geesyerdosh June 8, 2014 2:11 AM BST
Lee did well to get up from that knockdown
Report Geesyerdosh June 8, 2014 2:25 AM BST
What a knockout!!! Well done Andy Lee
Report liam1982 June 8, 2014 2:44 AM BST
Good link here

http://cricfree.eu/live/watch/boxing_-_martinez_vs_cotto/41492
Report wisewords June 8, 2014 3:47 AM BST
when are we getting underway?
Report liam1982 June 8, 2014 3:56 AM BST
no idea - i thought 3 :(

next fight i hope
Report wisewords June 8, 2014 4:02 AM BST
how do you see it going liam?
Report liam1982 June 8, 2014 4:09 AM BST
Hard one to call but decided on a smallish bet on Martinez
Report Geesyerdosh June 8, 2014 4:25 AM BST
The 2 previous Puerto Rico fighters have lost decisions surprisingly, maybe to justify a Cotto decision no matter what happens assuming it goes to the scorecards.
Report wisewords June 8, 2014 4:44 AM BST
WOW!!
Report wisewords June 8, 2014 4:44 AM BST
AND ON HIS ARSE AGAIN
Report Geesyerdosh June 8, 2014 4:44 AM BST
Looks like Sergio is just there for the payday
Report wisewords June 8, 2014 4:45 AM BST
agreed Gees
Report wisewords June 8, 2014 4:46 AM BST
put on his arse 3 times in the 1st round
Report Geesyerdosh June 8, 2014 4:48 AM BST
I thought Cotto was a massive price Sad
Report Duketurtle June 8, 2014 4:54 AM BST
Crazy start! Just took some 15-2 Sergio, more thrills and spills in this I think
Report Geesyerdosh June 8, 2014 4:58 AM BST
Come on Sergio, starting to wonder if Manny Stewart was right calling the wildcard 'juice central'
Report Geesyerdosh June 8, 2014 5:16 AM BST
This is disappointing, Martinez obviously has nothing left
Report Geesyerdosh June 8, 2014 5:19 AM BST
OVER
Report Duketurtle June 8, 2014 5:21 AM BST
Yeah body completely crippled, still a solid professional performance from Miguel though, regardless of Sergio's condition.
Report Geesyerdosh June 8, 2014 5:29 AM BST
Listening to Sergio's interview, he knew he was toast before he went in
Report Duketurtle June 8, 2014 5:31 AM BST
It was always a massive possibility that he'd be a shadow of himself tonight. Madness anyone who got stuck in deep to the odds on Sergio price beforehand
Report sj June 8, 2014 5:49 AM BST
sj sends his love(just rang me) he is feeling the cotto love
Report MullahOmar June 8, 2014 7:12 PM BST
Darren Barker, now Martinez. Every boxer has niggles and small injuries but these guys have taken big paydays when unfit to fight.

Time come for a proper independant fitness test pre title fights?
Report mightymoyes June 8, 2014 7:48 PM BST
what do you suggest? im sure theyd pass a 'fitness test'
Report mactheknife June 9, 2014 8:53 PM BST
How Martinez was priced up fav for this bout takes some understanding?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com