Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Rocky88888
02 Feb 14 14:12
| Topic/replies: 132 | Blogger: Rocky88888's blog
Lot of people saying Terence Crawford is some fighter can't see any of his fights is he any good
Pause Switch to Standard View Ricky burns vs Terence Crawford
Show More
Report alabaster crashes down February 2, 2014 3:18 PM GMT
he's pretty slick and pretty dull from what I've seen...been booed throughout his last three fights...got all the skills but holds back a fair bit. The Prescott fight is a good example of what he's about..

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xym9pa_terence-crawford-vs-breidis-prescott_sport

Be interesting to see how this gets priced up...I'd imagine Crawford will be slight favourite it remains to be seen how he handles a raucous SECC
Report sj February 2, 2014 3:23 PM GMT
Crawford has the tools but we know beating a hearn fighter is worse than 80's Germany. Very rarely do boxers get overawed by a crowd, they cant help the fighter. In fact I cant think of one time it has helped sway a fight. You're talking about men who have come from the worst areas in the world, I'm sure they're not too fussed over a bloke wearing a skirt shouting at them
Report alabaster crashes down February 2, 2014 3:25 PM GMT
Bute?
Report alabaster crashes down February 2, 2014 3:28 PM GMT
I accept the general point though, but its the first time he's travelled and the disruption could be a factor.
Report sj February 2, 2014 3:42 PM GMT
I know I'm in the minority with that point, for me its doesn't matter to the fighter. Judges could have a sway on. When I went to Berlin last year for Ola V Huck it must affect you as a judge
Report alabaster crashes down February 7, 2014 8:35 PM GMT
well its been priced up now.. Crawford 1/2 to 1/3, Burns 2/1 to 9/4

expected it to be a fair bit closer than that. Burns has to be a bet at that price.
Report sj February 7, 2014 8:44 PM GMT
Reading that Bob Arum has had a big word with WBO President Vaco that he wants it judged properly this time. I cant have a bet on the outright, Burns saying he didnt spoil ENOUGH in the Beltran fight so expect more arm bars and hugging
Report alabaster crashes down February 7, 2014 9:48 PM GMT
Bob won't be paying the hotel bills and expenses though will he Grin

If Crawford sits back like usual and the crowd are baying everytime Ricky does anything it will take a strong judge not to be swayed. For me Crawford has it all to prove anyway, its all just hype at the moment...he could be a superstar but it'll take more than a win over Prescott to convince me. 9/4 for the man who's proven his heart, at home...I cannae resist as billy might say Laugh
Report sj February 8, 2014 6:40 PM GMT
I just couldnt bring myself to back that bad a fighter. The jaw is a nice excuse if its going wrong as well
Report RBoyd86 February 14, 2014 9:25 PM GMT
Im suprised ny this thread so far? have u guys not seen crawford box yea hes a bit cautious but hes legit talent wise... and i think theres power there just no one really threatened him yet. his beatdown off prescott was impressive no one has beat B P as one sided as T C did. I think 1-2 is a huge price wade in with the double of seiglitz 2-5 (11-10) double as A abraham is shot to **** for me ...
Report mightymoyes February 14, 2014 10:23 PM GMT
whats gone on today between burns and warren?
Report alabaster crashes down February 14, 2014 10:40 PM GMT
Prescott is a dubious barometer at the best of times and let's face it kev  Mitchell did a pretty good job on him too. With the jaw and recent poor performances I'd have crawford a slim favourite but for me the value lies with burns. He's done me a few good turns so if this is the end of the run so be it.
Report RBoyd86 February 15, 2014 2:14 PM GMT
just think burns is done mate n i really do think T C is legit talent wise... burns lost his last 2 in my opinion. Fact Top rank are pushing TC ahead of ray beltran ( and the rematch he deserved) says ow highly they think of him. Burns looks soft to me can see him wilting
Report alabaster crashes down February 15, 2014 3:23 PM GMT
yeah you could be right mate I didn't really anticipate having a bet but I think there's enough question marks to make 9/4 worth a go
Report sj February 24, 2014 4:20 PM GMT
Crawford has an unblemished 22-fight record and despite being the challenger this weekend, finds himself favoured to win. Hearn, however, thinks the American could be in for a surprise even before the first bell has sounded.

"For me, this is the biggest fight in the lightweight division right now," Hearn told Sky Sports, as Burns went through an open workout in the centre of Glasgow.

"Crawford is a real golden boy in America and is backed by Bob Arum's Top Rank Promotions and HBO. I saw him in the hotel earlier and I gave him a few words. I honestly don't think he knows what he's in for on Saturday night.

"He knows he's in a real fight with Ricky Burns, but I don't think he knows what 10,000 people, especially Scottish people, are going to sound like.

"We've got less than 200 tickets left so it's going to be a complete sell-out. That's the reason why we worked so hard to get this fight in Scotland. I think it's a huge advantage for Ricky.

"When Terence Crawford walks in the ring on Saturday night with 10,000 people booing him, then hears the noise they then make for Ricky Burns, it makes a huge, huge difference. We will see how special he is when he hears it."

"Oh know please stop those scary men shouting at me"LaughLaughLaugh Worked loads V Beltran didnt it Love
Report builders February 24, 2014 9:23 PM GMT
Main difference is it affects the judges.
Report builders February 24, 2014 9:24 PM GMT
See your point SJ.  Why do you think playing home or away has an effect in football matches?
Report sj February 24, 2014 9:32 PM GMT
Yeah agree on affecting the judges. I dont know why it does it Football mate. Boxing I dont see where people are coming from a bloke is shouting at you? Wow big deal. Floyd Hatton? Didnt matter, Luzcano Hatton? didnt matter. Froch Groves? Didnt matter. Mitchell Katsidas Senchenko Hatton. Arthur Gomez Kovalev Cleverly the list goes on and on.
Report smido25 February 25, 2014 2:02 PM GMT
I was on press row at Hull Saturday and I'm absolutely certain Tommy Coyle would've called it a day in the 6th and or 11th if it wasn't for the crowd. They really forced him to his feet in the 6th.
And earlier in the night, the crowd swayed the judging on the Hamilton Woodhouse fight. First time I've witnessed it in person but the crowd were going nuts any time Curtis got close to landing but I thought Darren blocked and rolled with punches quite well throughout.
Noisy crowds might not impact on the away fighter as Hearn thinks above but they can add to the performance of the home fighter and have an impact on judges.
Report sj February 25, 2014 2:10 PM GMT
Yep they can pull a home fighter through I wouldnt detract from that, but the notion that a away will be shocked is very funny
Report joe9000 February 25, 2014 5:09 PM GMT
Arum - "It's a hostile environment, but it's not a dangerous environment", sums it up really imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz3rk4J8LkA
Report sj February 25, 2014 5:16 PM GMT
exactly joe
Report GRANTCKING February 25, 2014 6:32 PM GMT
ricky burns on points 7/2, I cannot resist, defending champion at home or am I just burning money
Report sj February 25, 2014 6:37 PM GMT
I wouldnt say so Grant. Hearn fighters now seem very hard to beat at home, we dont know how good Crawford is and Burns doesnt punch that hard so his most likely win is on points. I'm going Crawford stoppage
Report joe9000 February 26, 2014 5:44 PM GMT
Ref (Luis Pabon PR), Judges (Zoltan Enyedi HUN) , (Alejandro Lopez MEX) , (Salven Lagumbay PHIL)

Not a Brit in sight, Arum has done good
Report alabaster crashes down February 26, 2014 6:15 PM GMT
oh christ Pabon is a fussy **** at times
Report joe9000 February 26, 2014 6:34 PM GMT
was anything but fussy in the Klitschko    Povetkin fite wen he had a shocker
Report joe9000 February 26, 2014 6:55 PM GMT
Hearn keeps saying on his twitter bout how the atmosphere gonna be that thing that swings it 4 Burns. Crawford has overcome being shot in the head ffs, i doubt a load of Scots shouting at him gonna worry him that much.
Report RBoyd86 February 26, 2014 10:36 PM GMT
I knew there was something that i wanted to add to this it was in re to my comment about the Tc vs prescott fight,,,a few oof you said prescott is a risky barometer. i agree he can be but my point was that B P usually gets fighters into a fight and has had some v gd fighters alvarado n khan in all sorts of trouble. Not BP was a big step up for TC but if you watched the fight he was totally unfazed by him and had BP totally confused i was impressed with his composure leading to my point that i dont think the fight being in scotland will worry him one bit
Report sj February 27, 2014 4:05 PM GMT
True that Boyd. He took the fight on 2 weeks notice up a weight
Report sj February 27, 2014 4:48 PM GMT
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/ricky-burns-terrance-crawford-face-off-237849

Might just be in my head cos Burns has said he s moving up but does he look like he's struggling at the weight here round the eyes and guant?
Report GRANTCKING February 27, 2014 6:29 PM GMT
looks ok to me in that vid
Report joe9000 February 27, 2014 8:49 PM GMT
Is any1 getting slightly freaked out by Crawford and his team. Have almost nothing to say 4 themselves, as if they going thru the motions with this fite and that Burns is literally levels below them. Either they have a right 2b this over confident r cud we b seeing a repeat of a Jeff Lacy 4 example.
Report Geesyerdosh February 27, 2014 10:40 PM GMT
They realise the mammoth task they face. Walking into a bearpit facing a 2 weight world champion unbeaten in 7 years. Understandably fear has got the better of them.
Report Only-the-Brave February 27, 2014 11:35 PM GMT
madness backing crawford.  Burns is extremely average but you just need to take a look at his last 2 fights to see why it's a no bet.  Gonzalez boxed circles round him before conveniently retiring with a wrist injury.  Then Beltran completely smashed him up but burns was again saved with a nonsense decision calling the fight a draw.  Crawford probably needs to KO him to have a chance.
Report Geesyerdosh February 27, 2014 11:53 PM GMT
Conveniently retired - spirit broken
Beltran smashed him up - couldn't stop a man with a broken jaw in 11 rounds

Burns is extremely average - 2 weight world champion with multiple defences unbeaten in 7 years - hmmmm......
Report RBoyd86 February 28, 2014 12:43 AM GMT
exactly sj i forgot it was on short notice too, that was seriously impressive. I think they have every right to be confident this isnt calzaghe lacy , burns is no calzaghe lol hes been beaten his last two fights... crawford is miles above him class wise n my hard earned will be down ps love that arums got no uk members involves (ref, judges) there will be no drama this time i expect TC to give burns a big lesson
Report RBoyd86 February 28, 2014 12:46 AM GMT
Tc is the bigger man too...
Report Geesyerdosh February 28, 2014 1:04 AM GMT
Bigger man..........don't be silly
Report sj February 28, 2014 2:32 PM GMT
"Bearpit" I bet the bloke is shi tting himself at a scary man shouting after being shot in the head Love
Report alabaster crashes down February 28, 2014 5:44 PM GMT
just caught up with all the media stuff, have to say going by the interviews I've seen there's only one man looks confident of leaving the ring with that belt on saturday and it aint Ricky. Bit worrying to see Ricky sound less than confident about the jaw...I really hope he's got a big performance left in him but the signs aren't good for me.
Report pulio February 28, 2014 9:03 PM GMT
This looks like crawfords fight. I can't see one advantage for Burns. Crawford genuinely looks to be a very special talent to me. The camp know and are acting so nonchalantly. No doubt they are blowing smoke up crawfords ar*se about how easy this will be, he's levels above burns etc. It will be a massive massive shock to them if Burns managed to hurt Crawford for example. There was a very disorganized and shocked looking corner after the second round of broner vs maidana. I doubt it happens though, Crawford looks amazing to me. I'll be very disappointed if he can't do Burns easily. He has been coming in at 150 on fight night, according to HBO in his last two fights so thats over a stone he usually puts on overnight.
Report happyhibee March 1, 2014 11:27 AM GMT
Anybody got a rough idea of times for the main event and undercard?
Report mightymoyes March 1, 2014 12:17 PM GMT
joshua due about 9.30, i assume burns/crawford will be after that.
Report happyhibee March 1, 2014 12:21 PM GMT
Cheers Moyes probably looking at about 10-10.15 for main event
Report kingrattler March 1, 2014 2:25 PM GMT
Is Joshua on sky or boxnation
Report happyhibee March 1, 2014 2:25 PM GMT
Sky
Report Horangi. March 1, 2014 5:45 PM GMT
Crawford is so lazy it will be interesting to see how he goes about it today.  I've literally fallen asleep watching his last couple fights.  Best for Crawford if Burns tries to apply pressure.
Report mactheknife March 1, 2014 5:57 PM GMT
Had a token bet on Crawford to win inside the distance 2.94, feel terrible about placing it as well, hope Ricky does well.
Report Geesyerdosh March 1, 2014 5:57 PM GMT
Hope Burns wins but I think tonight could be the night it all goes wrong. It looks now similar to Scott Harrison that his main advantage he had was being huge at the weight previously. Now at lightweight he's facing opponents the same size who are more skillful and carry more power. Also the Mitchell win seems to have convinced him he's a hard hitter who can stand toe to toe but he's more of a slapper than a puncher. His comments about the jaw weren't over positive either. Only seen a couple of Crawford's fights and he looks technically far superior. Can see Crawford winning by stoppage but hoping he'll freeze and Ricky pulls out the performance of his life.
Report mactheknife March 1, 2014 6:38 PM GMT
Crawford has a Tommy Hearns look about him, put one of those wee beards on him & he would be a ringer for him looks wise lol.
If its true he puts on 15 lbs in weight going into the ring it could be a really bad night.
Report TexassportsagentBuzz March 1, 2014 6:47 PM GMT
Burns will lose 10 rounds and "draw"
Report a bitofinterest March 1, 2014 6:51 PM GMT
AGAIN
Report Platini March 1, 2014 7:11 PM GMT
when's it start?  anyone know?
Report sj March 1, 2014 7:20 PM GMT
Ogogo now

Appleby Cardle 8pm

Simpson Murray 8.30PM

then Joshua

Would of thought Burns around 10PM
Report book March 1, 2014 8:13 PM GMT
murray-simpson markets needed on here,why is it not up ?
Report GRANTCKING March 1, 2014 9:50 PM GMT
BURNS ON POINTS TIME BABY
Report pauliow March 1, 2014 10:32 PM GMT
I've had a tenner on the draw @ 42. Might get a tradeShocked
Report Geesyerdosh March 1, 2014 10:37 PM GMT
Good to see Burns working behind the jab
Report sj March 1, 2014 10:48 PM GMT
LaughLaugh at Halling trying to give Burns rnd 4
Report Geesyerdosh March 1, 2014 10:49 PM GMT
Its Hearn.......Ricky's won them all Grin
Report sj March 1, 2014 10:53 PM GMT
Wink
Report a bitofinterest March 1, 2014 11:05 PM GMT
OOH BETTY Blush
Report TexassportsagentBuzz March 1, 2014 11:09 PM GMT
Draw written all over this
Report GREEDISGOOD March 1, 2014 11:12 PM GMT
draw ? lol?  u watching the same match? this is crawford by absolute mile.
Report TexassportsagentBuzz March 1, 2014 11:13 PM GMT
draw or dq, something will happen to hand Hearn some extra cash
Report jon b March 2, 2014 12:09 AM GMT
jim watt was laughable during that fight , never gave the yank any credit at all , even when it was all over and you can take away the bias he still said he was no better than Ricky , he got battered almosy throughout
Report RBoyd86 March 2, 2014 1:48 AM GMT
clueless mug commentators
Report racingstar March 8, 2014 7:01 PM GMT
Burns has totally gone at the game and looked that way when he last faught when he got a ridiculous draw.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com