Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Geesyerdosh
30 Nov 13 11:07
| Topic/replies: 12,135 | Blogger: Geesyerdosh's blog
Every day another channel another moan.

Rematch this, rematch that. Where was DeGale's rematch? Or especially Kenny Anderson's?

Each newer interview seems to have himself winning the fight more convincingly. Last interview I heard virtually has himself never hurt once and even landing the more hurtful shots in the 9th!

Says they know I'm all wrong for him. I know I'm all wrong for him. Faster hands, better footwork, hits harder. Why the hell is he gonna want a rematch then!

You can see why he feels hard done by but there's every chance there will be no rematch. Time to see what else there is out there and move on.
Pause Switch to Standard View Anyone else sick of Groves whinging
Show More
Report Howdi November 30, 2013 11:13 AM GMT
re watched the fight groves was defo in trouble
Report Eeternaloptimist November 30, 2013 11:34 AM GMT
Groves needs to be careful he isn't defined by this fight. For years Vitali came to define his career inadvertantly by reference to his loss to Lewis. Groves is young enough to come again but he needs to move on quickly if Froch denies him the chance for revenge. If he keeps pushing Froch may decide that his best form of victory over Groves would be to play with his mind by denying him another go.
Report alabaster crashes down November 30, 2013 12:29 PM GMT
The more I watch the fight the more convinced I am Froch will stop him if there is a rematch and the more I feel like hunting down Watt and Halling and strangling them Laugh
Report mactheknife November 30, 2013 5:06 PM GMT
You can see why he feels hard done by but there's every chance there will be no rematch. Time to see what else there is out there and move on.

Agree Geesyer,

George needs to put this unfair stoppage behind him & move on.
It was`nt as if he lost his unbeaten record to a better man ffs.
When GG is considered to be the top man in the stable at the weight, the powers that be will move heaven & earth for him as well.
Just a wee bit more to squeeze out of the old man though, they are not quite finished with him yet.
Report Mike-lfc December 1, 2013 4:14 AM GMT
I think Froch would have won in the end. But it's all guess work. He could have had a quick barage of punches then Groves could have composed himself again. All if's and buts.
Report tobermory December 1, 2013 5:47 AM GMT
Groves has to say all this.

When a fight is very controversial you get all this spin about who really won, or who would have won but for this or that , and if the talk is very one sided then that version becomes sort of official , and the fighters career is then assessed according to this version of what happened rather than what actually did .

Look at Pacquiao/Bradley  . Bradley wins fair and square but he is not a guy who shouts his mouth off and so all you heard afterwards was the stuff from Arum and it ends up with everyone thinking Pac won 120-108  , and Bradley is till regarded as a 2nd tier fighter after all .

Hagler-Leonard: Leonard just won the fight and left it that , but all the noise from people who lost money on Hagler and pundits who were made to look a bit silly has created the fiction that it was a robbery and so Sugar Ray has an asterix against his greatest win .

If Groves shut up then all we would hear is the Froch version (and Froch isn't shutting up ) and the very debatable notion that Groves was a couple of punches from being finished ,and is unable to last 12 championship rounds , would become the general view . Groves reputation would be lowered a notch , and he'd have to take less money for big fights .
Report Topboys December 1, 2013 6:38 PM GMT
I am glad now that the dust has settled and the biased views of Watt aren't still brainwashing us that we can see that this fight really wasn't all Groves Groves Groves.
Report mactheknife December 1, 2013 8:26 PM GMT
Barry Hearn`s face was picture during the fight at ringside, thought he`d swallowed a wasp.
Report knuckles December 2, 2013 2:30 PM GMT
wow   some of the above comments are deluded at best.   most of you probs backed froch and now instead of holding your hands up and admitting you got it totally wrong, you all spout off total dribble.  groves would off won if not stopped...  and will win any rematch.
Report alabaster crashes down December 2, 2013 4:24 PM GMT
I would think most froch backers got it pretty much spot on...groves to start out fast and Froch to take over and stop him late. I personally didn't have a meaningful bet, in fact the closest I came to a winning bet was a score on Groves rounds 1-3 @ 50s. I thought from the start Groves had a punchers chance but wouldn't be able to go 12 with Froch. The nearer the fight came the more convinced I was that Froch would walk him down early, I still think that may have happened if he hadn't have walked onto that monster right hand.

Anyway you keep listening to Jim making out George is the second coming.
Report alabaster crashes down December 2, 2013 4:42 PM GMT
interesting reading Virgil Hunters take on the fight, bearing in mind he usually has barely a good word to say about froch....

That was an interesting fight. You know, Groves, he had the right game plan, but I think what hurt him the most was him landing that right hand early in the fight because he tried to continuously land it after that. He did land it, but I think he took away from some other things that he couldve been doing and maybe he couldve came back to it later on in the fight. Once he knocked him down, I mean, he was literally intent on knocking him out, so I think that kind of hurt him after round 5 and round 6. Because, you know, Froch started landing some body shots that people werent talking about, and he was putting them right on the money. I was talking to Andre about it. I said, "Theyre not talking about these body shots Froch is hitting him with and hes hitting him right on the money with these body shots. Hes getting hit back, but the type of body shots hes allowing Froch to land is gonna have an effect on him." And sure enough, after the 6th round, you could see him physically starting to tire, and Froch started closing the distance on him. You know, Froch, if you dont have an inside game when he swings forward, because his momentum comes forward with his punches. His momentum can knock you off balance; he can wear you down rather quick.

I thought, personally, it was a correct stoppage, and the reason I say that is because, lets face it, if you saw it in slow motion, he hit him 6 times flush. One of those punches was on top of the head right above the ear, and that hook he hit him with in that exchange, Groves never saw it; it literally just snapped his neck around. He was hurt. If I shoot you with a bullet and I know that bullet went into you, I dont need to see you stagger to know youre wounded, you know. A lot of people say, "Well, his legs werent buckled." That doesnt mean youre not hurt. Now he was hurt. Its always going to be debatable because he was on his feet, but if you look at the course what led to that, the past two rounds led to that situation happening. The reason why he [Froch] was able to get those punches off is because he [Groves] was tiring and he was starting to get to him.

[Rounds] 6 and 7, I saw Froch turn the fight around. Even though its debatable he lost the rounds, its almost like Chavez and Meldrick Taylor; the type of punches that Chavez was placing on Meldrick Taylor. I saw this happening in the 8th round, the type of punches that he was hitting Taylor with; that "Boy, I hope he can make it to the finish line because these punches are catching up with him rather quick." You know. And I think it was the manner in which the referee grabbed Groves and, you know, he really shouldve grabbed Froch. He made some bad moves that caused it to be debatable, but Groves was hurt. He was hurt. And all this career-finishing talk and all this kind of talk, I mean, thats just talk, but I didnt see him making it out of that round if that fight wouldve continued. He was hurt.

Its debatable. I mean, he couldve let it go on; I see the points made, but I have to say, I cant fault the ref for stopping the fight. I just kind of fault him how he stopped the fight, you know, grabbing Groves instead of grabbing Froch. Or, I think they were saying the 8-count was in effect. If it was, then he made a bad mistake because he shouldve gave him the 8-count
Report sj December 2, 2013 4:55 PM GMT
He talks some bollox. I ve never known a man to complicate Boxing so much. This was a man who let Angulo turn into the elephant man.
Or maybe he forgets the Julio Diaz Khan fight?
Report alabaster crashes down December 2, 2013 5:01 PM GMT
I'm not his biggest fan but thought he spoke sense there.
Report sj December 2, 2013 5:03 PM GMT
I backed Froch KO and I thought it was one of the worst stoppages I've ever seen
Report alabaster crashes down December 2, 2013 5:08 PM GMT
I thought it was a touch premature mate but not got a problem with people who thought it was really bad. It's this idea that Froch was on the end of a one sided beating and Groves was robbed of certain victory that is getting my back up.
Report sj December 2, 2013 5:44 PM GMT
Yeah agree with that nobody knew from that point
Report Jimmy Diamond December 2, 2013 7:47 PM GMT
Just watched Groves on bunce's boxing hour. He needs to shut up now and forget about it, he's sounding like a sore loser, getting a little embarassing now.
Report mactheknife December 3, 2013 8:30 PM GMT
alabaster crashes down     02 Dec 13 16:24 

I would think most froch backers got it pretty much spot on...groves to start out fast and Froch to take over and stop him late.

So you expected Carl to get put on his arse in the first?
Your heart must have been in your mouth?
Report mactheknife December 3, 2013 8:38 PM GMT
Btw the ref stopped George, not Carl.
Boxing fans usually know when something has gone down.
Report mactheknife December 3, 2013 8:40 PM GMT
Btw take nothing away from Froch, he is a hard man to beat.
Report alabaster crashes down December 3, 2013 8:41 PM GMT
So you expected Carl to get put on his arse in the first?
Your heart must have been in your mouth?

Didn't expect but certainly entertained the possibility..hence backing groves rounds 1-3 @ 50s. Mind you I also doubled it with Rios rounds 1-3  @ 33s Cry
Report mactheknife December 3, 2013 8:53 PM GMT
Ok m8, You seemed to have the fight covered.
Report alabaster crashes down December 3, 2013 9:48 PM GMT
well I was hardly miles out was I?

alabaster crashes down 19 Nov 13 10:09
one factor that is playing on my mind is that little dance Froch did in the 11th round of Kessler 2...I know it can happen to anyone and he recovered in about 10 seconds but it's the first time I've seen anything like that from Froch...could be the first sign of his chin cracking? I think Groves hits pretty hard and for me this is his best chance of winning. 'personally can't see him hit and running his way to a decision, if he is somehow going to win it'll be by landing something clean and them jumping in for the finish. The Groves ko @ 10/1 has to be a worthwhile cover bet.

alabaster crashes down 21 Nov 13 17:01

He'll get caught lunging forward one of these days and that's about the only chance I give Groves, catching him clean on the way in.
Report mactheknife December 4, 2013 10:14 AM GMT
No, you did good.
Report knuckles December 4, 2013 5:33 PM GMT
i backed groves and got the fight spot on !!!! he went to 6.0 on here   crazy ! but the ref shafted the the JUDGE that is knuckles !!!!!
Report mactheknife December 4, 2013 6:15 PM GMT
Thought George fought the wrong fight on the night.
Take my hat of to him in some respects.
He must really have a lot of confidence in his own ability at 25 to take on a man like froch at his own game.
Maybe a wee bit of bravado mixed in there as well.
He wanted to make a statement & nearly pulled it off, pity the ref brought the fight to an early conclusion for the fighters & the fans.
Report scamboogah February 3, 2014 7:38 PM GMT
He has asked the BBBoC to change the result to a "no contest" - now that is pathetic.
Report alabaster crashes down February 3, 2014 7:44 PM GMT
he'll get short shrift there but hey, what's the harm in trying.

His latest press release is pretty laughable though..."Froch is scared of the damage he'll take, that's why he doesn't want a rematch"...Yeah sure George, that's why he offered you over a million pound to get it on again Crazy
Report smido25 February 6, 2014 6:44 PM GMT
http://www.boxingasylum.com/showthread.php?t=58181#.UvPX8_sXLep
Report Topboys February 6, 2014 8:04 PM GMT
Absolutly spot on that blog ^
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com