Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Over2.5
03 Oct 13 10:11
| Topic/replies: 14,245 | Blogger: Over2.5's blog
AMIR KHAN LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

WORDS FAIL ME
Pause Switch to Standard View sweet lord his cherrypicking has...
Show More
Report Biscuit1979 October 3, 2013 10:14 AM BST
He could fight the Klitschko's one after the other and you'd still find a way to have a go at him
Report Over2.5 October 3, 2013 10:28 AM BST
he should have chose sergio martinez ScaredScaredScaredsome chance
Report Geesyerdosh October 3, 2013 11:19 AM BST
If it is Khan you may as well just throw the towel in. Talk about taking the piiss.
Report Eeternaloptimist October 3, 2013 12:47 PM BST
If you knew anything about boxing instead of world championship bullshiitting you would know why once again you are talking shiit brain cells. You nearly came in your pants calling for Mayweather to fight Canelo. How did that work out for you?
Report freddiek October 3, 2013 1:20 PM BST
overs surely you're in the Floyd camp for this one as didnt u say before you'd like to see Khan get fooked up in the ring or words to that effect?

great opportunity for Amir anyway even though hes lucky to get the fight.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y October 3, 2013 1:27 PM BST
in Wembley??

surely a bum like you Over could cut down on the Dutch Gold for a few months and save up the ££££ to get across to London to witness the best boxer of his generation
Report Geesyerdosh October 3, 2013 1:41 PM BST
This has to be a load of crap surely. Khan being used so when the opponent really is announced people will say 'thank christ it's not Amir Khan he'll do'.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y October 3, 2013 1:45 PM BST
Not sure to be honest, Floyd has said for a long time how much he'd love to fight in the UK and in Wembley so i could actually see it happening Shocked
Report Over2.5 October 3, 2013 1:54 PM BST
the ducker continues "his legacy" GrinGrinGrinGrin
Report Biscuit1979 October 3, 2013 1:56 PM BST
If they do fight i doubt it'd be in London because PPV sales in the US would struggle due to the time difference
Report Biscuit1979 October 3, 2013 1:58 PM BST
Over2.5 20 May 13 18:38 
Canelo calling him out like a man possessed, he wants this badly knows this is his big chance. So if the ducker doesnt fight canelo he goes down as the biggest fraud in the history of boxing

Laugh
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y October 3, 2013 2:00 PM BST
I'd imagine it would be a double bill [somehow] with Canelo or JMM [in Vegas] as it would be Cinco De Mayo if it where to happen
Report Duketurtle October 3, 2013 2:39 PM BST
Smoke screen surely? Disgusting choice if not. Khan's never fought at 147, has been dropped by latest Floyd undercard winner Garcia and not impressed in his last three. Would love to be the one to tell Amir he's this month's decoy.
Report owl4life October 3, 2013 6:16 PM BST
Surely Garcia is next in line for the Floyd fight isn't he?

Martinez is a middleweight and is injured.

Khan needs a big win.

Same for Alexander.

Matthysse isn't in the mix now.

Pac, Bradley etc are with Top Rank.
Report tobermory October 4, 2013 2:19 AM BST
If Mayweather had fought anyone other than Alvarez in September, then , no matter how impressive he had been, All Over would have come on here saying ''but he wouldn't fight Alvarez, he's ducking Alvarez , would get KO'd by Alvarez..............''
Report tobermory October 4, 2013 2:27 AM BST
meant Over 2.5 of course .There was a forumite called All Over , think he was banned

Unrealistic to expect him to fight Martinez at Middleweight . Mayweather would only get near 161 lb if he spent his training camp in Burger King
Report Over2.5 October 4, 2013 10:34 AM BST
the martinez fight wouldnt need to be at 161
Report tobermory October 5, 2013 6:01 AM BST
hmmm so you trash Mayweather for asking Alvarez , who fights in the 154 lb light middle division , to weigh in at 152 , but you wouldn't complain if he asked Martinez , who has been up at middlweight for 3/4 years , to get back to down to 154 ,or some 156 catchweight ? You would just say he was fixing the conditions in his favour again.
Report Get On MASSIVE October 5, 2013 11:47 AM BST
This over2.5 cretin should just be ignored.

If Mayweather fought David Haye at cruiserweight he would still harp on about weight. The "coward" references are just pathetic about a guy who has never been beat and the best boxer pound for pound in at least 20 years.

I'm guessing this over2.5 guy has never been in a boxing ring his whole life and the only ring he ever wants to get in to is his boyfriend's.
Report sj October 5, 2013 1:15 PM BST
Apparently Alexander V Collazo. The farce is moving closer
Report Duketurtle October 5, 2013 2:29 PM BST
How are they gonna sell this SJ? Surely not going to help the fourth fight of the Showtime contract, especially on the back of the Saul performance that only registers with the boxing purists.

Can't happen this surely, why Khan and not Garcia?
Report Over2.5 October 5, 2013 2:39 PM BST

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report sj October 5, 2013 2:45 PM BST
Duketurtle 05 Oct 13 14:29 Joined: 29 Aug 07 | Topic/replies: 5,099 | Blogger: Duketurtle's blog
How are they gonna sell this SJ? Surely not going to help the fourth fight of the Showtime contract, especially on the back of the Saul performance that only registers with the boxing purists.

Garcia has made no real effort to go to 147lbs thus far and Lucas has exercised his re-match clause which must happen by June
Report Duketurtle October 5, 2013 4:15 PM BST
Thought Golden Boy just fancied the rematch there mate, didn't know there was a clause in place.

Still, Khan though?

There's no sense in it, he has no following in the US to help sell it and has no Hatton following for an impact on the strip. He could do a big gate here with the help of Floyd but that won't happen with the time difference affecting the American viewing market and we all know it does absolutely nothing for his legacy. How embarrassing will those montages of Amir's last few fights look during All Access, compared to Mayweather's Blush

Admittedly there aren't a whole lot of alternatives but I'd have Maidana ahead of Khan if he beats Broner, the winner of Bradley-Marquez if it could be made, Pac-Rios winner again if possible, Alexander, Trout, Lara or Martinez if injuries and/or weight permit.

Surely Khan's a smoke screen and he'll really be looking at the above options? Surely SJ, put my mind to rest man!
Report Over2.5 October 5, 2013 4:48 PM BST
duke grasping at straws cause hes now realises what a fraud the ducker really is CoolCool
Report owl4life October 5, 2013 4:50 PM BST
Who's your promoter friend?
Report Duketurtle October 5, 2013 5:29 PM BST
Ay as Owl says, promoter friends name please?

Imagine making up that you know a promoter to try and add weight to an argument on a boxing message board that you're already a laughing stock on. LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Eeternaloptimist October 6, 2013 1:52 AM BST
It's his pimp. He thinks by calling him his promoter he'll get an extra ten bob a blowie down at the hostel.
Report tobermory October 6, 2013 2:38 AM BST
How are they gonna sell this
this There's no sense in it, he has no following in the US to help sell it
why Khan and not Garcia?

Duke , i think it is an easy sell .Khan may not have a following in America in the sense of supporters who turn up to cheer him, but he is a Marquee Name in America . He is respected , not in the sense of lb 4 lb listings but in that he is seen as someone who guarantees an entertaining fight . Every American authored article i have read for the last 2 years on the subject of Mayweather opponents has Khan right up there , well above Garcia,Bradley et al

Deserve has nothing to do with it . Mayweather v Khan is just a much more entertaining prospect than vs any of the others mentioned.

Garcia is someone with a slightly better skillset than Alvarez who weighs 20 lb lighter in the ring . Bradley is seen as one of the most boring fighters in the world. Mayweather's next fight has to have some sort of challenge or novelty about it  , so that rules out guys who are just inferior versions of fighters that couldn't win a round off him earlier in his career.

Khan might not beat either Garcia or Bradley but he has attributes that they don't (speed mainly) ,  that Mayweather  has not had to deal with very often. Khan could even start off fast and win a couple of rounds before Floyd figured him out .Floyd would probably win inside 5 rounds but they would be 5 exciting rounds , and people would rather see that than another 120-108 blowout.
Report RBoyd86 October 6, 2013 3:50 PM BST
think a lot of ppl need to look at khans fight since garcia his speed is not what it was. however do agree with the rest tobermory
Report sj October 6, 2013 6:14 PM BST
Duketurtle
Duketurtle 05 Oct 13 16:15 Joined: 29 Aug 07 | Topic/replies: 5,102 | Blogger: Duketurtle's blog
Thought Golden Boy just fancied the rematch there mate, didn't know there was a clause in place.

Still, Khan though?

There's no sense in it, he has no following in the US to help sell it and has no Hatton following for an impact on the strip. He could do a big gate here with the help of Floyd but that won't happen with the time difference affecting the American viewing market and we all know it does absolutely nothing for his legacy. How embarrassing will those montages of Amir's last few fights look during All Access, compared to Mayweather's Blush

Admittedly there aren't a whole lot of alternatives but I'd have Maidana ahead of Khan if he beats Broner, the winner of Bradley-Marquez if it could be made, Pac-Rios winner again if possible, Alexander, Trout, Lara or Martinez if injuries and/or weight permit.

Surely Khan's a smoke screen and he'll really be looking at the above options? Surely SJ, put my mind to rest man!

you can pretty much put a line through Top Rank fighters sadly. So that leaves Sergio if he was to come down to 154lbs, but after last night I think its a toss up between him and Alvarez for Cotto's next oppo. Trout? He brings nothing to the table and was beat by Saul. You really are struggling.
Report The Bhoys October 6, 2013 9:27 PM BST
will de la hoya give khan the blueprint for this fight to? Laugh
Report kingrattler October 7, 2013 9:10 PM BST
Martinez is a 160 middleweight.
Mayweather is a 147 welterweight.

You say the fight doesn't have to happen at middleweight so
what weight do you suggest ??.

Your my bitch over always will be on here you know it .....

By you suggesting a middleweight you've lost your argument completely .

Whos your promoter friend???.People bully you allday long on here its great.

Garcia perhaps deserves a chance in 2 or 3fights time not yet tho....Khan fight may generate more than people think loads tune in to see him lose ,Floys would need to fight in America for prime pocket money but you never know.
Report kingrattler October 7, 2013 9:10 PM BST
Martinez is a 160 middleweight.
Mayweather is a 147 welterweight.

You say the fight doesn't have to happen at middleweight so
what weight do you suggest ??.

Your my bitch over always will be on here you know it .....

By you suggesting a middleweight you've lost your argument completely .

Whos your promoter friend???.People bully you allday long on here its great.

Garcia perhaps deserves a chance in 2 or 3fights time not yet tho....Khan fight may generate more than people think loads tune in to see him lose ,Floys would need to fight in America for prime pocket money but you never know.
Report moneyforoldrope October 8, 2013 4:50 PM BST
Over2.5 20 May 13 18:38 
Canelo calling him out like a man possessed, he wants this badly knows this is his big chance. So if the ducker doesnt fight canelo he goes down as the biggest fraud in the history of boxing

biggest mug I've ever seen on the forum, wow!
Report You know me October 10, 2013 5:19 PM BST
Id actually quite like to see this fight. Floyd is hardly the worlds biggest puncher, which is usually Amir's downfall. Id pay to watch it, though obviously make Amir a big underdog
Report charwell. October 11, 2013 3:58 AM BST
IQ 2.5 is just as popular on the footy thread. Even his fellow mancs have sent him to Coventry.

Plastic manc who makes up the fact he has a promoter friend Laugh

This pilchard is on the BF forums 24/7 talking utter tripe, surprised if even his mum likes him.
Report Over2.5 October 11, 2013 11:14 AM BST
charwell appears LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com