Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Duketurtle
17 Jul 12 23:39
| Topic/replies: 5,155 | Blogger: Duketurtle's blog
Team GB will love Stalker's detailed drug accounts, good work captain!

Is it a known fact he was a bit of a wreckhead as a youngster?
Pause Switch to Standard View Knockout Scousers on Channel 4
Show More
Report carlos monzon July 18, 2012 1:58 AM BST
Good boxer stalker
Report Duketurtle July 18, 2012 2:12 AM BST
Looks the part mate, three years on the beak partying though jesus. Don't know how that comes back to haunt you down the line when you're in the trenches in the pro game.

I'm patchy on the amateur game, know Jazza's story and Joshua but was shocked at how frank Stalker was about his antics as a young lad.

I really like Dickens. Don't know much he's got till he gets tested but looks like a mini hagler to me. Going to see him next sunday.
Report carlos monzon July 18, 2012 2:39 AM BST
Stalker has great chance of gold. Probs better than any1 else. Very good lad, getting older and stronger. Great chance for gold.

Think beinksky is a big rival. Very good fighter
Report carlos monzon July 18, 2012 2:40 AM BST
U must watch lomenchenko at 60kg. Value is dead now.

Backed him at 8/15 and 1/2 in semis and finals
Report carlos monzon July 18, 2012 2:43 AM BST
Where u gona see dickens.
Report Duketurtle July 18, 2012 3:27 AM BST
He's on in the Devinshire hotel mate, sunday 29th. Be a no mark again but be nice to see him in the flesh
Report sj July 18, 2012 3:12 PM BST
I'd say Selby has the best chance of the Men's GB team. Think Joshua could be anything, but Selby seems solid good style thought he beat the Russian in the final in Baku last year. The one who could spring a surprise is Raushee Warren at 14-1.
Report carlos monzon July 19, 2012 1:01 PM BST
Rushdee warren was 1 of the favourites last time out if I remember correctly.

Any1 know wen the draw comes out for the olympics.

Wen I say draw I mean, draw for the boxing weight divisions. Think they will make the timetable as we go along because there might be some rain about.

Any1 going. Any1 got any tickets
Report Bratfud July 24, 2012 4:26 AM BST
Think Stalker will have his work cutout. I like the Cuban, Roniel Inglesias a lot at 10/1. Very decent price. Have had a saver on Berinchyk at 9/2 who impressed me at the worlds.

Think Joshua wins the Super's and have taken the last remaining 3/1. The guys an absolute beast -  Would be shocked if the AZE Fighter even gets close to beating him again.

Selby has a solid chance at Fly although I've backed Ramirez (66/1) and Cintron (150/1) purely on the basis that the prices are way out.

Taking on Lomenchenko with Toledo (5/1), Concaiceo (80/1) and Verdejo (50/1).  Also backed Jantony Ortiz (100/1) at Light fly and Damien Hooper (9/1) at Light Heavy.
Report sj July 24, 2012 4:53 PM BST
Cant have Vasyl getting beat. Hardly sticking my neck out at 11-10 I know, but he's the best amatuer I've seen. Just turned 24 and hasnt lost in European,World or Olympics since 2007
Report carlos monzon July 24, 2012 7:12 PM BST
Can some1 please back oggogo at 80/1 at youwin.

Iv already taken 50/1 for 30 at hills.

80/1 is a cracking price. U will not regret this I assure u, especially if the draw is good which I havnt checked as of yet.

But my god that is by far the best price in the olympics. Noway is oggogo bigger than 10/1. I'd have him as short as 5/1.

How good r his chances I'll talk about that a bit later. But any1 gotta youwin account, get on
Report carlos monzon July 24, 2012 7:22 PM BST
Lomenchenko I believe had a flu earlier in the month, hence the big price otherwise he would be shorter.

Banged on gold if he was fully fit. Should still win.

Will talk about his challengers latter.

Sj or any1 else thinking of going to any boxing events.

I would like to see lomenchenko  v a quality fighter if possible, hopefuly in the earlier rounds.

Any1 know how much it will cost for the semis or final tickets.

Iv gotta go to see lomenchenko this time. Iv been waiting a long time for this
Report Valleyparade July 25, 2012 4:48 AM BST
Lomenchenko is being backed - best price 8/11 now.

Think it's unlikely he loses however 80/1 on Conceicao (who actually beat Lomenchenko in Baku before the decision rightfully got overturned) is worth chancing. Toledo is also a real talent - bit unfortunate for him that he falls in Vasly's weight class.

Carlos - think you will struggle for tickets for the later rounds. There are still some avsilable for prelim rounds last time I checked.

Big Joshua also being backed. 3/1 was easily available a few days ago, now its 15/8-2/1.
Report carlos monzon July 27, 2012 6:28 PM BST
I agree valley. Tickets r very hard to get. I'm stuggling.

Any1 know how to get any?????

Toledo, lomenchenko, Valentino all have byes. 1 win for any of these and they go through to quarters.

Think Toledo meets lomenchenko on the semis. So the cover bet for lomenchenko must be taken on Valentino if ur into that. I see no danger. Lomenchenko had a cold earlier, all clear now I hear. Not a flu as I first stated. Got it wrong.

Well done lomenchenko backers. Price in semi could be as short as 1/5. Toledo only danger. Would be very dissappointed if lomencko dnt beat Valentino. Dnt rate him.

Brazilian guy dnt have a cats chance in hell v lomenchenko. Was knocked down 8 times and still got the verdict which for the 1st time in history was overturned and rightly so. Disgraceful judging. 1 of the worst iv ever saw if not the worst.
Report sj July 27, 2012 7:14 PM BST
I was 50-50 to go to the Finals on the sunday last night, but I think they have Sold out today Cry
Report carlos monzon July 27, 2012 7:52 PM BST
How much was it mate.

Wat about the semi, quarters or even last 16
Report carlos monzon July 27, 2012 7:55 PM BST
So should have bought at least 10 tickets ages ago. Told my mate to do it and I'd pay half but dik ed lost all his money and never did. And I wasn't prepared to lend him any cash. Most gamblers r skint dik eds. We r mates no longer
Report sj July 27, 2012 7:58 PM BST
http://www.tickets.london2012.com/browse?form=search&tab=oly&sport=8200&even...
Report carlos monzon July 27, 2012 8:06 PM BST
Total respect
Report carlos monzon July 27, 2012 8:11 PM BST
Mate is says everything on 60kg is unavailable.

Am I doing this right
Report carlos monzon July 27, 2012 8:18 PM BST
Sunday 11th august is available still. 8.30 till 11pm.

Not the 1 I wanted but it might have to do.

U going sj. Can't believe I'm thinking of going to watch zhong at 49kgs but lightwelter and middle r available. Heavyweight again poor.

Rest of available tickets r for womens boxing. As much as I love boxing I'm gonna give it a miss
Report carlos monzon July 27, 2012 8:20 PM BST
Give womens boxing a miss.

Still seriously considering going to final.

R u going sj.

Let me know before everything sells out
Report carlos monzon July 27, 2012 8:25 PM BST
Do UNO anything about aa a b c d seating bands.

Can u see anything from c and d.

Personaly speaking £395 for aa tickets in the final seem a bit expensive tbh. If lomenchenko was on I wouldn't realy complain.

But to watch zheng at 49 kgs
Report carlos monzon July 27, 2012 8:45 PM BST
Hope u lads got on oggogo.

Only 1 bookie have him at 40/1. His down to 25/1 today with hills.

I must say his draw is not the best, it could have been better. However if he gets to the semis he will certainly be amoungst the favourites. 

I'll post some selections tonight after studying the draw.
Report sj July 27, 2012 9:22 PM BST
I will defo be going if the Sunday Finals become avaliabe. You've got possibility of Selby,Warren or Aliou in the Final of the Fly. The main man Vasyl before he turns pro and the Super Heavys, I'd be a little less ethusiastic about the saturday's final s
Report mightymoyes July 28, 2012 1:38 PM BST
is there no boxing on the telly??Sad
Report owl4life July 28, 2012 2:17 PM BST
On the special olympic channels mate.
Report sj July 28, 2012 2:33 PM BST
Bantam is some division. Without seeing the Cuban as well who got a bye
Report twomatchpoints July 28, 2012 3:47 PM BST
mightymoyes
28 Jul 12 13:38   
is there no boxing on the telly??

Just watched Oggogo win his fIrst fight  on BBC3
Report carlos monzon July 28, 2012 5:24 PM BST
Can u lads please tell me wat u think of oggogo
Report sj July 28, 2012 7:49 PM BST
Clearly very talented mate. Only worry is he swithces off and gets a bit lazy
Report carlos monzon July 28, 2012 8:28 PM BST
Exactly wat I was thinking. 80/1 was daft. Iv taken 50/1
Report sj July 28, 2012 8:45 PM BST
He's got the fav next if he wins that he'll be no bigger than 5-1. Been some great Boxing today
Report twomatchpoints July 28, 2012 10:32 PM BST
Oggogo looks to be a capable boxer, but once he hit the front on points he let his hands drop too low when stepping away, and a faster puncher than the Dominican will hit him, he also started throwing overhand rights, this only works on slow punchers
Report Duketurtle July 28, 2012 10:44 PM BST
Fantastic fight that the american was involved with there. Superb action
Report carlos monzon July 29, 2012 2:54 AM BST
Yeh. Current world champ next, if oggogo can win this and recovers well it's there for the taking.

Obviously the draw is important, and ogogo has had tge worst possible draw but tbh at middleweight there is no easy draw.

A win here would be huge for ogogo. Very underated boxer and have seen him dominate the domestic scene for a few years now at such a tender age.

Pound for pound ogogo and stalker r the best for me.

Of course selby and Joshua have slightly better chances of winning medals because of better draws and a lack of competition in the divisions.

With home support, perfect conditions and hopefully bias judging stalker and ogogo can win. 

Must say dissapointing to see ogogo so agressive, needs to move, be defensive, keep it long.

He can't do wat he did today v the current champ. Became careless but that was clearly due to nerves. Needs to keep on the move. No1 thought degale would beat artiev (current world and olympic champ at the time and held a 4-0 record over degale as did the Irish guy) but degale did it. And degale never had the best draw either
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com