Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
truehoncho
02 Dec 21 17:37
| Topic/replies: 4,732 | Blogger: truehoncho's blog
This fella didn't get much of a chance did he. From a good stallion family he was 117 rated as an excellent 2yo but compromised as a 3yo by running in the Guineas when he never had a hope of staying. Maybe he just didn't train on but we will never know. Thrown into the Darley club for his efforts and finally dispatched to the Pennines out of harms way!! Poor lad.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 7
By:
breadnbutter
When: 04 Dec 21 19:47
Despatched to the Pennines?

Hill pony?

Remember backing this fellow at a nice price on here 12/1 is, was a first for something, can't have been a first runner in blue for stable, was something like that.

Won well but did not go on from it.
By:
truehoncho
When: 07 Dec 21 18:36
Another northern recruit, Century Dream. Not too bad performance but has had a wind op. Would you use a stallion that's had a wind op?
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 10 Dec 21 17:26
I think it requires thought truehonch for sure.

A ‘simple’ cauterisation of a soft palette for instance doesn’t rate as controversially as a full hobday so I think one has every right to make enquiries

Of course now the fact of the wind surgery has to be declared at the time it took place in a horses racing record. So at least we should know of it’s existence. I think this is probably the reason that we won’t see as many colts raced on at 4 nowadays as plenty previously I guess have had a little ‘fine tuning’  at the end of their classic season.

Still, the British betting public opted for this open declaration and I dare say will still be moaning about ‘untimely’ retirement of stud worthy colts that perhaps they have helped to hasten.

Territories and Toronado both had procedures and still covered plenty so it is a guess it is how brave you are feeling coupled with your conscience for the breed. I’ve come down in the steer clear camp.
By:
proxygene
When: 10 Dec 21 20:05
Some problems can be inherited others allegedly not. Laryngeal paralysis can be a function of size when one of the longest nerves in the body fails, and size is inherited. Epiglottal entrapment for example is said not to be inherited.
By:
truehoncho
When: 13 Dec 21 19:24
Thanks for the response. I think if you have any aspirations to race them I doubt you would use them if they had wind ops. It's a nice point about your conscience PotM, especially if you are a commercial breeder. Do they all have one?? If I used one proxy everything gets inherited except the ability!!
By:
proxygene
When: 15 Dec 21 12:23
I know Toronado raced in some kind of spoon bit but does anyone know what op he ultimately had?
By:
Formtwist
When: 15 Dec 21 14:59
Others may know the specifics, but Richard Hannon went public on it, despite not needing to then, "‘Toronado hasn’t been easy. He has had two wind operations and he blew up half a furlong from home when he won the Queen Anne Stakes at Royal Ascot last month"
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com