Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
cryoftruth
26 Jun 21 18:17
| Topic/replies: 7,491 | Blogger: cryoftruth's blog
Would appear to be utterly useless as a stallion.

Hundreds of offspring.

Most useless.

Best one so far would appear to be Van Gogh. And he is slow as hell.

Maybe. American Pharaoh should be gelded and sent for the Albert Bartlet.
Pause Switch to Standard View American Pharaoh
Show More
Report brain dead jockeys June 27, 2021 7:59 PM BST
hes had 3 g1 winners, one in japan (on dirt) and a filly (on turf) in america and van gogh. had some g2 winners as well including four wheel drive (on turf) a promising 2 year old last year. so i think u r going a bit overboard in your criticism.
Report cryoftruth June 28, 2021 7:28 AM BST
Not really unfair. If you look at his record the vast majority of his offspring are maidens, so moderate they have not yet achieved a rating of more than 0.

For all the top class mares that have visited him, his record is dismal and his stud fee of the laughable $175,000 is sure to fall unless he somehow starts to imposes some slowness. After all if I want to buy a slow donkey I can go to Blackpool rather than send a valuable race are to American  Pharaoh and spend all that money.
Report brain dead jockeys June 28, 2021 8:52 PM BST
hes had 2 crop of 3 year olds.......and this will be his 3rd crop of 2 year olds......i agree, its not looking good.
all coolmores printing machines - saddlers wells, danehill, galileo, mpntjeu - were turf horses.......giants causeway turned out to be a useful dirt sire but he was trained in county tipp..........the american market is very hard to crack. justify is another one they have purchased. WILL HE BE THE ONE?
Report cryoftruth June 29, 2021 9:01 AM BST
Interesting. Galileo was so amazing but his time is coming towards the end. Mind you it’s been a virtual monopoly for so long it will be good to see the scene freshened up a bit.

Coolmore own American Pharaoh and he’ll be bound to get more chances but it’s not looking good yet is it?

No predominant sire after Galileo. Camelot looks interesting but not awesome, ditto Australia, Frankel, Sea The Stars, Kingman and others are also going to get their fair share of group’ one offspring. Enable has “walked out” with Kingman and that might produce an interesting type.

Frankel getting 2 Derby winners this year is so good to see. His legacy will be passed on through his kids which is so nice to see. He looks like being a Mill Reef standard of sire which is pretty damned good.

Doubt we’ll see another Galileo in our lifetimes though, so dominant had he become.
Report truehoncho July 6, 2021 10:28 AM BST
I suspect something will turn up for them.
Report cryoftruth July 13, 2021 6:59 PM BST
St Marks B must be a candidate. He looks fabulous is beautifully bred and is a 130 horse.

But I think they may need something.

Mind you it’s not like they are down to their last few farthings is it?
Report truehoncho July 13, 2021 8:32 PM BST
It will be interesting to see who they send to all their best mares that G used to cover year in year out. It will also be interesting to see their yearling purchases when all the Gs have gone. As you say Cryoftruth, they are not short of a bob or two.
Report potentialmillionaire July 13, 2021 10:17 PM BST
Absolutely truehonch.

I am glad the reign of Galileo is coming to an end, though a nice field retirement would have been so much better, as his domination and that of his connections is stifling as well as stupendous.

Who gets his mares is fascinating and whether Coolmore go hung ho with one or two of his sons to attempt to ‘make’ them at any cost will be interesting to monitor.

Rest assured, Dubawi, Kingman and Frankel aren’t going to see any denigration of their mares any time soon.

In Tipperary I can see Wootton Bassett and St Marks Basillica being very well bolstered.
Report cryoftruth July 22, 2021 12:23 PM BST
Still has Willow and Van Gogh is his top 10 best produce.
American Pharaoh offspring values are falling. He does need to get some good ones soon.
The recent Aiden quotes about St Mark’s Basilica being a wonderful horse like Galileo would lead a cynic to detect that they are really hoping he will be a success at stud. I am thinking he will be off to stud sooner rather than later.
He is a top class horse but it’s not inevitable he will be a top stallion.

https://www.stallionguide.com/leading-sires/

Shows the leading stallions. Galileo down at number 20! Not sure why it is that stallions seem to go off a bit at the end of their careers.
Report truehoncho August 5, 2021 3:42 PM BST
I think he is doing better in teh US. There is a table in yesterdays TDN https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/pdf/tdn/tdn210804.pdf

has him as 8th overall with only 3 crops. Not sure what this means but it seems better than his European performance.
Report cryoftruth September 29, 2021 9:44 PM BST
Another season nearly over here on the flat and American Pharaoh still has the slow old boat Van Gogh as his best ever offspring.

Maybe he is doing a bit better in the American doping contests on dirt. But he is a useless stallion of turf horses running without bute or lasix or the steroids they tend to use there.
Report cryoftruth September 29, 2021 9:49 PM BST
Looks like he started with a fee of 200$k.

This has been halved already and soon they will be sending jump mares to him so he can compete with other sires of Albert Bartlet contestants!
Report truehoncho September 30, 2021 3:43 PM BST
I think most fail cryoftruth. At least at those prices only the rich lost out.
Report A_T September 30, 2021 4:44 PM BST
have Coolmore ever had a top stallion not of the Northern Dancer sire line? They're probably hoping Wootton Bassett is the one.
Report truehoncho September 30, 2021 5:55 PM BST
He has had a cracking season and he could well be the one. I suppose Saxon Warrior could do the job as well.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com