Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sageform
16 May 21 09:18
| Topic/replies: 21,655 | Blogger: sageform's blog
I have mentioned before how hard it is for Derby winners to get into the top 10 of my sire table based on GB winners but Sea The Stars is showing very encouraging signs of doing just that.  After a treble in consecutive races on Friday over 10 14 and then 8 furlongs, Al Aasy was a high profile winner yesterday showing that soft going is not a bar to them winning. Dubawi continues to set the pace with 47 GB wins with Dark Angel, Exceed and Excel and Frankel close behind then Kodiac and Sea The Stars who has 36 (10 in May already) in seventh place. The next best placed Derby winner is Australia with 24.
Pause Switch to Standard View Sea The Stars
Show More
Report roadrunner46 May 18, 2021 11:10 PM BST
wasnt around on the weekend, highlight for me would of been eshaada 18/1 muhaarar Wink ironically the 7/4 fav for the race was by sea the stars
Report roadrunner46 May 19, 2021 12:58 AM BST
and their was a connection to palace pier, they both share the same damsire nayef
Report sageform June 4, 2021 8:12 PM BST
Sea The Stars has 5 wins in June already . The latest was Miss Scaletta at Goodwood. She only looked like a pony but stuck her head out and got up. He is joint fifth in my GB table with Frankel on 47 for 2021.
Report roadrunner46 June 4, 2021 9:11 PM BST
muhaarar has 5 wins in june already and another winner for lope de vega tonight for your favourite trainer, you should be doing multiples Wink
Report sageform June 7, 2021 3:08 PM BST
Baaeed could easily be another Group horse for ST Stars. The Leicester 3.00 maiden looked very competitive and he was left 5 lengths, still well behind 2 furlongs out and won on the bridle.
Report LoyalHoncho June 29, 2021 4:41 AM BST
Does Frankel's two Derby winners change things much sage?
Report sageform June 29, 2021 8:30 AM BST
Not really Loyal as he did not run beyond 10 furlongs or contest any Derbies. Derby winner, Galileo excepted rarely get into the top 10 sires based on numbers of winners. Galileo continues to have a lot of winners in Ireland, particularly in Group races but his GB stats are not that great. Sea The Stars progeny mostly need 10 furlongs from 3yo onwards and many like Stradivarius stay beyond 2 miles. Frankel seems to get a wide range of distance winners from 6 furlong 2yos to 2 mile handicappers.
Current GB 2021 wins.

Frankel 66
Sea The Stars 57
Galileo 18
Sprinter/milers such as Kodiac and Dark Angel will continue to have the most winners but Dubawi is breaking the mould to some extent and is still in  a narrow lead with 71 GB wins largely due to his extensive use by Godolphin. He has an amazing 45 progeny rated 100 or more that have run in GB and Ireland this year and has top class horses over the whole range of distances.
Report LoyalHoncho July 5, 2021 12:45 AM BST
Thank you.  Very interesting.
Report roadrunner46 October 16, 2021 2:47 PM BST

May 18, 2021 -- 5:10PM, roadrunner46 wrote:

wasnt around on the weekend, highlight for me would of been eshaada 18/1 muhaarar  ironically the 7/4 fav for the race was by sea the stars

group 1 winner for muhaarar at 12f, the great sprinter producing 8-12f horsesCrazy

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com