Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Big Black Cat
14 Aug 20 16:21
| Topic/replies: 961 | Blogger: Big Black Cat's blog
That was probably not too cheap.  They can afford it though. Not a bad broodmare band to service either.

Shame Judicial is a gelding if they wanted a son of Iffraaj. Laugh
Pause Switch to Standard View Wootton Bassett to Coolmore
Show More
Report cacique August 14, 2020 6:44 PM BST
Didn't see that comingExcitedCrazy

Did they use him before this?
Report Formtwist August 14, 2020 7:38 PM BST
I doubt that they would have bought him outright if they hadn't got some evidence that he really would do the job for them. Don't they usually just buy up some breeding rights in likely types for the Galileo broodmare band?
Report truehoncho August 14, 2020 7:48 PM BST
I think its a great move. When you are at the top you have to speculate to stay there. He is a proven stallion from modest mares. He should fly at Coolmore.
Report yer ma August 15, 2020 11:29 AM BST
No doubt he's a decent sire but I suspect there is some 'cash out while the goings good' here by Haras D'E  - and why not.    There are no offspring of note by Galileo /Sadlers Wells line mares but maybe they think there increasingly American influence mare will suit which is likely.  Interesting if anything good goes the other way - a No Nay Never or a Deep Impact maybe.
Report truehoncho August 15, 2020 2:24 PM BST
I think you may be right Yer Ma, but my guess is he will be booked out for a few seasons at Coolmore and it's primarily a commercial deal. If he suits their mares that will be a bonus.
Report potentialmillionaire August 15, 2020 3:22 PM BST
It used to happen quite a lot didn’t it. Kenmare, Bellypha, Alzao, Night Shift, Indian Ridge, Ahonoora were names that I conjured up on a trip down memory lane.
The French breeding pool remains a slightly different beast though so I am intrigued to see how he matches up moved into the field of high fashion.
I am pleased though as I have some obscure pedigrees that I think would fit him and that I have problems with when Danehill and Sadlers  are everywhere.
Sadly budgetary constraints will be the overarching blow one feels.
Report truehoncho October 5, 2020 11:46 AM BST
He may be even more popular now after an Abbaye winner.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com