Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Big Black Cat
05 Aug 19 17:52
| Topic/replies: 962 | Blogger: Big Black Cat's blog
Sadly retired due to injury.

Assume he will be in great demand. So where and how much?

I'll go 60k a pop....
Show More
Report roadrunner46 August 5, 2019 6:15 PM BST
30k sounds lot more likely than 60k
Report zygote August 5, 2019 6:19 PM BST
TDH is going to Dalham Hall.
Report truehoncho August 5, 2019 8:13 PM BST
Just cycled past there, he will love the weather!!!
Report gunslinger7 August 5, 2019 9:39 PM BST
Impeccably bred and great on the track without being a superstar, could’ve possibly priced a superstar later in the year but who knows. My guess is in line with RR46, I surmise about 20-30k.
Report yer ma August 6, 2019 7:52 AM BST
Form wise I'd be a doubter esp this year...that was a poor sussex and the Prat was mickey mouse, lots of 3yos this year are desperately trying to be milers and aren't where as he is that and only that.  I'd be concerned that the offspring could well be slow but they've not found a Dubawi replacement so I'm sure will be trying their hardest with him (and will therefore charge an arm and a leg).
Report Formtwist August 6, 2019 11:31 AM BST
They might have found that Dubawi replacement in Night of Thunder. Is TDH is still the property of the Lloyd Webbers? I think the offspring might well have more of the family stamina Yer Ma but it is a tad harsh to suggest they will be slow, depends on the mares he gets. Staying is where they are putting the prize money boosts and if he isn't over-priced he might be a fair choice for many. They started Night of Thunder at 30,000 euros, he was a quality unbeaten two year old, classic winner at three and won a Group 1 at four, Cracksman was a better performer too and he started at £25k, so TDH ought in my view to be around the Harry Angel mark of £20k.
Report potentialmillionaire August 6, 2019 12:04 PM BST
Dream on Formo!
He is sexier, better bred, better looking and has to be more correct than Night Of Thunder.
Also N.O.T starting well paves the way for a big ask for the next Dubawi at Dalham.
His early retirement gets them the ability to play the 'yes perhaps the 3yo's weren't great but what would he have achieved given the full season' card.
40+
Report sageform August 6, 2019 4:20 PM BST
How much does size matter in sires? I understand he has not grown from 2yo.
Report truehoncho August 6, 2019 8:16 PM BST
Anyone know how his £3.5m brother is doing?
Report Big Black Cat October 29, 2019 7:33 PM GMT
So £50k for Too Darn Hot.

Also Night of Thunder up to E25K from E15k.
Report gunslinger7 October 29, 2019 8:54 PM GMT
Too darn dear for me. Night of thunder is value for me at €25k, very good start
Report zygote October 30, 2019 5:38 PM GMT
£50k is overpriced, imo.
Report Johnny_Mustang October 31, 2019 12:17 PM GMT
You're a tough crowd.

He was an unbeaten Champion juvenile and a dual G1 winner as a 3-y-o, by the second-best sire in the world and out of a three time G1 winner herself. And you want all of that for 20-30K? Dream on.
Report truehoncho October 31, 2019 12:29 PM GMT
You are right JM but I think he will be 1/2 that price in 4 or 5 years. It's just the way it seems to be going.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! November 1, 2019 8:22 PM GMT
Im sure Cole Porter
would have one

Grin
Report Wilycayote March 6, 2020 5:24 PM GMT
Too Darn keen on kidnapping his kids!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com