Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Big Black Cat
23 Mar 19 11:52
| Topic/replies: 965 | Blogger: Big Black Cat's blog
After many years as an overenthusiastic member of Elite Racing (I still am), I have finally taken the first step into real ownership with two Owners group horses.

So now I am the proud 0.033% owner of a 4 year old filly PARIS DIXIE (Champs Elysess x Last of the Dixies) in training with Nicky Henderson and a 2 year old Colt PROCLAIMER (Free Eagle x Pious) in training with Julie Camacho.

Paris Dixie has improved with each run, and won a Carlisle bumper on her 4th start before being bought and moved to Nicky's yard.  Proclaimer comes from a prolific winning family (dam has bred 11 previous winners including 2 group winners), so I'm hopeful he will be number 12.

I promise not to bore you all silly with overenthusiastic updates.

Hope your foaling is going well and there are lots of good looking, racy, commercial specimens popping out.

Cheers
BBC

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 95
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 25 Mar 19 22:30
I wish you every success BBC.

It will be interesting to see if you favour one involvement over the other now you are trying another ownership model.
By:
workrider
When: 28 Mar 19 18:24
Good luck with your new venture BBC...
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 29 Mar 19 23:47
Paris Dixie is entered in the mares bumper at Aintree next Thursday.
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 29 Mar 19 23:48
Thanks for the good wishes both!
By:
doncaster rover
When: 04 Apr 19 00:21
Good luck with your ownership Big Black Cat,small piece of friendly advice,Ownership is very addictive I have just bought into my 8th horse it’s my first time buying into an established horse my others were all yearlings.his is by far my most expensive purchase he is called Raymond Tusk m hoping for some big days out with him
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 04 Apr 19 19:56
Thank you Doncaster Rover.  I'm hoping that I've secured a tiny interest in a very well bred 2yo as well.  His page has over 20 black type performers, and he comes from a very well established and well known family.  Its a big investment for me if it comes off, but boy he could be very exciting.
By:
doncaster rover
When: 06 Apr 19 23:28
Good luck Big Black Cat I hope it all comes good for you
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 07 Apr 19 23:50
Thanks DR-we will soon both be owners with MPR ExcitedGrinGrin
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 14 Apr 19 12:12
A quick update. My Oasis Dream colt thas been named Theheartneverlies(GB)
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 14 Apr 19 20:13
One has also just acquired a small share in an Intello 2yo colt with Richard Hannon.  As yet unnamed.
By:
sageform
When: 18 Apr 19 08:59
Best of luck to both of you. I stopped buying into horses after my last horse, So Now was retired and my back won't stand a day at the races so TV only these days. I had a very good run though between 1994 and 2010. My last four were: Faustino 25% with P Hobbs, won 5. Jefferies 25% with Jim Old won 5, Lucky Bay 8% Hen Knight won 2 including a Grade 1 chase and So Now 8% P Nicholls and then T Vaughan won 3. Still only 2 seasons that showed a profit though. Having an ROA badge does rather spoil you though and racing without one was never the same.
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 03 Jun 19 00:01
The Intello (now called Mensen Ernst) has come to hand quicker than expected and is entered at Goodwood and Haydock on Friday.

Hearty is still trotting prior to returning to Sir Mark's.

I have since bought another small share in a 2yo Lawmsn colt with Mark Johnston called Provocation. His is a full brother to French group winner Luminate.
By:
truehoncho
When: 03 Jun 19 20:45
Good luck BBC. Badge should get you more than it does Sageform.
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 06 Jun 19 21:28
Thanks TH-Mensen Ernst did not take up either entry due to distance at Goodwood and ground at Haydock.

Am off to see Provocation on Saturday.
By:
sageform
When: 07 Jun 19 08:38
Good luck BBC, nothing quite like seeing a horse you own a part of run for the first time.
By:
roadrunner46
When: 07 Jun 19 08:47
ive got a nice filly myself 21 days old, beauty diamond, got name from russia [ nutcracker0 great conformation exciting legs bred for the OKS
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 14 Jun 19 10:54
Thanks all.  Mensen Ernst made his debut at Nottingham yesterday and was a fast finishing third. I've not had the official debrief yet but I cant think that they wont be anything other than delighted with that. He needs 7f and better ground though.
By:
Posh Paddy
When: 02 Aug 19 12:13
Well if you can't beat em join em.  Have taken a leg in a National Hunt prospect of all things.
I'm done Pinhooking, it only took me 5 years to realise that it's not for me.
By:
truehoncho
When: 02 Aug 19 18:16
Good luck PP. I hope the horse goes well for you.
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 03 Aug 19 22:08
Good luck PP!

Mensen runs at Galway tomorrow and is not without a chance....
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 16 Sep 19 20:06
I have bought two further small shares in yearlings by Myboycharlie (colt) and Holy Roman Emperor (filly).

They are pedigree picks, rather than anything else to be honest, but its all about dreams isn't it?
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 05 Oct 19 20:55
I am delighted to report my first ever winner as an owner!

MENSEN ERNST won the Prix Jean Francois Bernard at Bordeaux Le Bouscat today by 3/4 of a Length.  He basically made all over 1900m.  Ridden by Guillaime Trolley de Preveaux and trained by Jean Claude Rouget.

I have seen the video and he showed a very good attitude and kept finding more.

It was a good day for INTELLO his sire, as a fellow 2yo INTO FAITH won the big Arqana sales race at ParisLongchamp for David Menusier.
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 20 Oct 19 23:15
I am also hoping to take small shares in a No Nay Never colt, and a Dandy Man filly.  Different tactics this year, looking for a bit more two year old action.
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 02 Nov 19 16:23
LATEST UPDATE

Mensen Ernst won a class 2 Conditions race (Prix de Pauillac) at Bordeaux on Thursday over 1900M by 6L on soft ground, ridden by Guillaime Trolley de Preveaux.  He picked up about E20k plus for his troubles. Jean Claude Rouget was very pleased with him.  Thinks he'll stay 1M 4F next year. I am biased but he looked pretty impressive.  The opposition were no world beaters, but no mugs either.

France Galop replay below.

http://www.france-galop.com/en/racing/replays?replays_date=20191031
By:
Steamship
When: 04 Nov 19 22:01
I knew I had read about someone having shares in Raymond Tusk. Good luck Doncaster Rover hope he goes well tomorrow.
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 05 Nov 19 11:22
I think it was a bit too slow run a race for Raymond, on ground softer than ideal.  What an adventure though.
By:
sageform
When: 16 Nov 19 15:23
Very well done with Judicial. I marked him off yesterday but after looking at the draw and the price drift I left the race alone. Great horse.
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 17 Nov 19 01:06
Hes been a marvellous servant to the club. I had a few quid on today each way as his price on here was far too big. Elite have been in the doldrums a bit this year, and that has raised spirits a bit higher.
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 24 Nov 19 14:03
So a very exciting day for yours truly on Monday 25th with two runners.

Mensen Ernst runs in a Class 2 race at Bordeaux at 11.25. He's likely to be second favourite.  It seems a tough task giving 2kg to a 90+ rated horse, but he's improving so you never know.

Provocation is running at Chelmsford in the 4.00. he's also second favourite, but I think he has an better chance than Mensen.

A double? Who knows. Fingers crossed.
By:
sageform
When: 24 Nov 19 16:15
Good luck BBC.
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 24 Nov 19 18:16
Thank you sageform.  I'm off to Chelmsford myself.  MPR wouldn't let me use their corporate Jet to do both races.....
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 26 Nov 19 20:26
Not quite as planned or hoped for yesterday.

Mensen was beaten 7.5l 4th.  The second is rated 93, and the winner is obviously smart too, and Mensen was giving them both 2kg.  I would think he will get a mark of 85+.  No excuses, maybe its the end of a long hard season, and he was a bit free at the start.  He's run 6 times though and only been out of the top 4 once (when the steering went at Dundalk).  Hes an Intello (I may have mentioned that before) and as far as I'm aware no Intello 2 yo has won more than 2 races. We're looking forward to seeing him next year over 12f.

It was very quiet at Chelmsford last night.  There were more staff from Mark Johnston Racing than there were Provocation owners (just me!).  The plan was to jump out from his good draw, and try and make all!  He stumbled coming out of the stalls, and we ended up mid div-he ran on to be at the back of the first 6 who pulled clear of the rest.  He was beaten 9.5L.  It may mean he gets dropped to allow him to run in 0-75's next year.  He's a lovely big horse, and still growing into his frame.  He has a 3yo pedigree, and he's got some ability.

Good luck all.
BBC.
By:
sageform
When: 28 Nov 19 20:10
You didn't tell us about Maurice DancerHappy I didn't even notice it was running until I saw it passing the post in front.
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 01 Dec 19 00:43
I totally forgot sageform.  To be honest, Elite is a bit peripheral on my radar now.  I'm very annoyed at the way they seem to be running it down at the expense of Owners Group. I have to suffer OG owners on Facebook telling me that Equiprep is their wonderful facility for their horses to winter/summer/recover from injury, when it was paid for by Marsha, an Elite horse....
By:
When: 07 Dec 19 08:52
Black Cat - That Owners Group must be trousering them an absolute fortune - they are churning out New Horse after New Horse near  enough every week.

4000 Shares x £55 for horse costing £80,000 - then another 3500 renewals x £37 the next season.

50 plus horses at that rate - making millions.  Been watching them adding 2 horses a week for months - must be a money pit for them. That’s why they’ll not be caring about Elite when they are making £50,000 a horse in year 1 alone - sometimes more.
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 08 Dec 19 11:28
3132 Totally agree-its a fantastic business model.  Win, lose or draw they cant lose.  Each share is between about 45-60 quid so manageable for anyone really-like you say, all you have to deal with is the owners who gob off about the horses nor running.....

The thing that distresses me is the renewals though. Should never be more than 20 quid for an existing owner (you are only paying for training fees/expenses after all). Absolute disgrace. 

And they use Equiprep for all of their horses too.  Thats Equiprep bought with the money from the Marsha sale. Elite money that should really be reinvested in ERC which is being allowed to die on its arse. 

Some people should remember that with out ERC, OG would never have happened.  ERC was an absolute triumph for a small operation.  To breed 4 individual Group/Grade 1 winners is frankly an amazing achievement.  And its being allowed to wither on the vine for the cash cow that is OG..
By:
sageform
When: 12 Dec 19 18:43
GL with Canasta. didn't know the Owners Group were the same outfit.
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 14 Dec 19 17:11
Thanks sageform.  She will be dropping back in trip in future.

Elite, Owners Group and Axom are all under the umbrella of Wentrow Media.
By:
sageform
When: 15 Dec 19 14:01
Really? Axom have been going a long time.
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com