Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sageform
12 May 17 19:04
| Topic/replies: 22,632 | Blogger: sageform's blog
After some rather poor runs at Newmarket and Chester, Frankel had 2 winners today. Was the new factor some rain and give in the ground? Flimsy evidence I know as the winners were only maidens but I have wondered if the fast ground was a factor in the comprehensive defeats of a few Frankel progeny recently. I certainly haven't given up on Eminent as he looked unbalanced in the Guineas and I think he will be better in time and on softer ground.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 54
By:
Koo....
When: 12 May 17 22:26
Well for anyone backing them, your showing a blind profit so far.  Which isnt a bad achievement given the hype.  I've not yet formed a massive opinion on him, bar plenty look awkward but still manage to win.  Regards ground, stats so far look fairly uniform on that front however samples of obviously tiny
By:
sageform
When: 13 May 17 12:55
Hi Koo, some of them have looked uncomfortable on fast ground to my eye. It will be interesting to see Frankuus on the very dead ground at Lingfield today although nothing he has done so far would suggest he is good enough to win.
By:
kincsem
When: 22 Jun 17 06:16
He has five running at Royal Ascot today.
Mirage Dancer; Mori; Senator; Lightening Fast; Majorist; Atty Persse.
By:
sageform
When: 22 Jun 17 08:07
Dream Castle yesterday was typical of the sort of runs I have mentioned before. Ran quite well but still a bit disappointing at the business end of the race.
By:
sageform
When: 22 Jun 17 17:48
Mori was yet another Frankel to be narrowly beaten today but Atty Persse finally provided him with a Royal Ascot winner.
By:
Breedingmad
When: 23 Jun 17 20:56
They all have something in common 1m 3f/4f could be a tad too far,so 1m2f or less seems to be the fine point.
By:
sageform
When: 24 Jun 17 09:33
Atty Persse and arguably Count Octave (although he was yet another to be beaten in the final strides) would suggest that many of them could need 12 furlongs plus. Frankel is by Galileo whose progeny thrive from a mile to 2 miles so it is possible that Frankel will do the same. The more sprint bred ones have gone backwards after promising starts. Queen Kindly will test the theory today over 5 furlongs at Ayr against what should be inferior opposition. The two 2yo's in the Chesham have a mountain to climb against September.
By:
sageform
When: 15 Aug 17 17:23
Kicking myself for being too busy to remember that Eminent was running at Deauville today so when he finally came good I missed him. Lady Frankel gave the sire a group double.
By:
roadrunner46
When: 15 Aug 17 21:43
great news, like to hear of frankels progeny doing well, thought frankuus was worthy of consideration last Saturday,
didn't do the form for that race.
By:
sageform
When: 16 Aug 17 07:53
Also a good winner by Frankel in Australia yesterday (RP news item)
By:
sageform
When: 24 Aug 17 16:28
They are still a bit of an enigma. Mori was awful today but Aljezeera looked another backward leggy 3yo. who might one day win a good race. Cracksman won well but still leaves me wondering if he is short of Group 1 pace. Enable continues to put Nathaniel in the headlines and he looks certain to get more Group 1 wins than his old rival in 2017.
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 25 Aug 17 15:21
I saw a post on the RP that one of Frankel's progeny was going juvenile hurdling this winter.

Probably not what Juddmonte would want but interesting nonetheless-after all his grandsire produced some pretty decent NH horses.

Certainly has the stamina influences in his pedigree.

I don't think, somehow, he will be switched to being an NH sire, however, a la Pour Moi....
By:
sageform
When: 26 Aug 17 09:46
Name me a sire of staying horses that has not ended up with a runner over hurdles. I can see a lot of Nathaniels there soon but that does not detract from his success with high class stayers on the flat. The Aga Khan has a great record of producing classic and Group horses but whenever one of his cast offs arrives at a horses in training sale, the NH trainers queue up to buy them.
By:
sageform
When: 26 Aug 17 14:10
A slower start for Frankel 2yo,s this year but Betty F looked very useful.
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 26 Aug 17 17:33
I agree sageform-his grandfather had lots of NH runners-I'm sure his dad has some too.

They weren't bred to win Triumph Hurdles though?

Agree with Nathaniel too-sure he will have NH horses.

He's bred a Classic winner though who is favourite for the Arc at a fraction of the covering price?
By:
sageform
When: 27 Aug 17 20:35
Nothing wrong with getting a Triumph winner. They used to be dual purpose horses like Heighlin and Oh So Risky but these days they rarely run on the flat after winning the Triumph.
By:
Eont
When: 29 Aug 17 10:07
Like Istabraq had a negative impact on Sadler's Wells
It is worth noting Galileo was working as a dual purpose sire in his fourth year at stud. Think Swing Bowler (Lady Cricket the dam).
In some respects it is good news as it means the progeny have sell on value which is always good news. You only have to see how much money national hunt owners pay for prospects (plus those down under wanting a Melbourne Cup horse) and a good progressive lightly raced stayer off the flat will be worth as much if not more than a yearling. Where are you going to sell one of several hundred Kodiac's being dumped in the horses in training sale each year?
By:
RoyalAcademy
When: 29 Aug 17 10:49
You are definitely wrong in that statement Eont: it was rich boys playing with their money-such an occurrence also happened with the king himself SW.
By:
sageform
When: 03 Sep 17 13:54
Still few Frankel 2yo runners but three interesting ones are entered for the 2.05 at Ascot on Friday, one out of Attraction and the others are half brothers to good winners.
By:
sageform
When: 08 Sep 17 08:40
Two Frankel 2yos run today at Ascot now at 2.40. Herculean is a brother to Fair Eva while Wadilsafa out of Rumoush has 2 siblings, rated 111 and 109. The latter might eventually be the better of the 2 but Herculean could be more of a 2yo.
By:
MadVlad
When: 08 Sep 17 15:26
^ 1st and 2nd Cool
By:
sageform
When: 08 Sep 17 17:52
Visually, Herculean looked big and backward while Wadilsafa looked more compact but in the race, Herculean just loped along until asked to quicken and he did.
By:
MadVlad
When: 08 Sep 17 20:18
Herculean could be something special imo.
By:
sageform
When: 09 Sep 17 09:30
Another big day for Frankel today.

Lightening Quick 3.25 Leopardstown. well bred newcomer.
Nelson. Up in class Leop. 4.00
Learn By Heart Haydock 1.50. Second try at a Listed.
Queen Kindly. Perhaps the least likely of his runners to win today. 2.25 Haydock
Ambrosia. A lesser light but might win at last. Thirsk 3.30
By:
sageform
When: 09 Sep 17 11:46
Missed the most important one of course. Eminent goes for a Group 1 win in the Champion Stakes. Leop. 6.45.
By:
MadVlad
When: 09 Sep 17 15:09
Backed Ambrosia gl.
By:
MadVlad
When: 09 Sep 17 15:29
Lightening Quick wins @ 8.02 BSP.
By:
sageform
When: 09 Sep 17 15:34
Oh dear. Ambrosia threw it away again. Didn't watch the Irish race so pleased to see him get a winner there.
By:
sageform
When: 09 Sep 17 16:05
And now Nelson hoses up in the Group 3 and I did back that one. Eminent for the treble.
By:
sageform
When: 09 Sep 17 20:21
Brave run by Eminent but hard to make all against older horses.
By:
sageform
When: 10 Sep 17 13:01
Elarqam opted out of the Ascot race but starts in a competitive Novice at York today.
By:
sageform
When: 10 Sep 17 13:56
Cracksman wins another G2 with ease but again took a little while to get wound up.
By:
sageform
When: 10 Sep 17 15:39
Elarqam quite impressive but may not have beaten much. Another that looks capable of middle distances next year.
By:
sageform
When: 15 Sep 17 13:37
Mekong is another newcomer today. Out of Ships Biscuit by Tiger Hill, he should stay so a mile might suit.
By:
MadVlad
When: 15 Sep 17 13:59
what race sageform as I am following your posts ?
By:
MadVlad
When: 15 Sep 17 14:00
Sand 2.35 cheers.
By:
sageform
When: 15 Sep 17 14:44
Steady run in sixth, unfancied so might be a 3YO project.
By:
MadVlad
When: 15 Sep 17 18:08
Was at work so unable to see the race,keep posting mate as had a couple of good winners from your thread gl.
By:
sageform
When: 16 Sep 17 13:51
No debutantes today. Red Mist (3.00), Westerland (4.10) both 2yos at Doncaster. Count Octave a very long shot in the Leger.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com