Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
16 Jan 17 10:31
| Topic/replies: 31,512 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Maybe a update now and again if possible lads,wishing all breeders  success in their quest for perfection.
Pause Switch to Standard View ...What Stallions are your mares...
Show More
Report Big Black Cat January 16, 2017 11:16 PM GMT
Already on a separate thread below, but for Elite Racing Club, as follows:

AFFINITY (SADLER'S WELLS X KALINKA, dam of ZEST) will visit LOPE DE VEGA

MARLINKA (MARJU X BARALINKA) will visit ACCLAMATION. This foal will be a full sibling to G1 winner MARSHA

STARS ABOVE ME (EXCEED AND EXCEL x KALINOVA) will visit ACCLAMATION.

NEW FFOREST (OASIS DREAM x FFESTINIOG) will visit PIVOTAL

CHINA TEA (HIGH CHAPARRAL x MOLASSES) will visit SIR PERCY

SISTINE (DUBAI DESTINATION x FICKLE) will visit HOLY ROMAN EMPEROR
Report Koo.... January 20, 2017 2:54 PM GMT
Nothing yet until the 2yo's get closer to galloping to see if its worth carrying on with the mother, or how high to set the bar :D
Report workrider February 12, 2017 11:09 PM GMT
No matter what Stallions you send your mares too,I hope everyone has a brilliant breeding season and has plenty of good luck.
Report proxygene February 13, 2017 9:35 PM GMT
Mayson and Albaasil
Report Koo.... February 14, 2017 1:54 PM GMT
Gone for Poet's Voice for the first 2 mares
Report davieboy. February 14, 2017 2:17 PM GMT
I quite like Poet's Voice.  Is throwing some tough, versatile types and isn't overly 'sexy' or expensive!
Report Wilycayote February 14, 2017 7:23 PM GMT
koo, hopefully you're an owner breeder (and if so, I commend you) as im afraid the likelihood is that PV is commercially highly dangerous. Occasionally stallions can come back from the dead commercially, buts its a long shot. I hope you buck the trend.
Report Koo.... February 14, 2017 9:07 PM GMT
Yeah, i'll send em to the sales and see what we get.  Have to buy back for maiden auctions regardless, but mainly into it as an owner breeder.  My mares were both 8-10f sorts so i dont really want cheap speed.  Couldnt find many stallions i liked on a budget who are sexy.  My mates horse Nietzsche has done well all year so if i get one as well made as he is, id be happy enough.  In an ideal world, id have mine in training for a year or so then sell on.  So a nice 10-12f 3yo be perfect to shift on as long as they arent useless.
Report Formtwist February 22, 2017 5:31 PM GMT
Bad luck Koo, Darley's pulled the rug from under you it seems. Have they offered anything else at a bargain price in compensation?
Report Formtwist February 22, 2017 5:33 PM GMT
Scrub that, different horse I find!
Report Wilycayote February 24, 2017 9:47 PM GMT
I see the Queen's racing advisor has twisted our monarch's arm into sending mares to Cable Bay. Im a strong royalist and think the Queen has had largely rock solid judgement in her 65 years, but she's missed one there.
Report neill d February 27, 2017 1:23 AM GMT
Why on earth is the Queen trying to breed a horse to be at best mid-div in the Norfolk?
Report Big Black Cat March 7, 2017 12:52 PM GMT
Elite have their first foal on the ground in 2017

She is a Chestnut filly by LOPE DE VEGA ex SISTINE

SISTINE is a 3/4 sister to TARFAH the dam of CAMELOT.

SISTINE is also the dam of TINGLE (by Pour Moi-unraced G350K yearling, bought by Coolmore) and also has a yearling colt by POUR MOI(would be rude not to after that).
Report workrider March 8, 2017 10:23 AM GMT
Well done BBC,dont for get I named her for you, Sistine Chapel,I'll be keeping a eye out for her .
Report workrider March 8, 2017 10:24 AM GMT
That's when she foals to HRE .
Report truehoncho March 8, 2017 8:56 PM GMT
Hi PotM, thanks for sharing. Did you take her yourself or did you send her over with someone else? Any clues on the costs?
Report Big Black Cat March 9, 2017 11:05 AM GMT
Workrider-when she wins The Oaks then you can share the warm and fuzzy feeling-whatever she's called :-)
Report workrider March 9, 2017 5:14 PM GMT
Cool hope the dream comes true for you.
Report workrider March 22, 2017 5:31 PM GMT
Any updates lads.
Report workrider April 4, 2017 4:34 PM BST
Nothing happened then!
Report Koo.... April 4, 2017 11:51 PM BST
Nearly all covered that needs covering.  Had another filly so get a free return to Equiano.  2 to Cityscape and 2 to Poets voice.
Need to weed out a couple of poorer mares, so not covering a couple as well as i work out its not that cheap to breed for yourself
Report workrider April 6, 2017 4:59 PM BST
Thanks Koo.
Report Koo.... April 22, 2017 11:38 PM BST
If i still had the sire of Mr Skinnylegs who was 2nd in the Thirsk seller.  I think id use him again for free.  Seems a shame i didnt listen to the better half and give him more of a chance, that finding the cheapest broodmare avaiable at the time.  Nice looking produce he has and hopefully he wins a race so the missus can say she bred a winner using a stallion who was rated 70.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com