Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
olddesperado
10 Dec 16 20:43
| Topic/replies: 7,445 | Blogger: olddesperado's blog
Im thinking of buying a well bred NH filly foal.

For certain reasons i cant go into her breeding but she has some serious blacktype from her 3rd dam with a lot of her offspring top NH types , 2nd dam bred one winner but 3 of her offspring have bred multiple winners although at a lowish grade,

Her own dam was poor on the track, but the only two of her foals to race yet have both won several times to date.

She also has 2 by a top sire and one by a decent sire that will come to the track before the foal im after.

The foals sire is a fashionable NH sire.

She,s a decent looking foal to my unproffessional eye.

I have horses and ponys but have never reared a thoroughbred before and im not sure of my long term plan with her. ie. selling as a 3 or 4 year old or hoping another of her siblings wins and selling sooner etc. or trying to lease her out for a few years to see what she can achieve herself and breed from her myself eventually.

Is it hard lease out a filly these days ?

Is it much harder rear a thoroughbred and are there any hidden or well known costs i would need to factor in.

Its something i have wanted to do for years but life and circumstances got in the way.

I think i could buy her for 3k or less.

Any comments/observations welcome and thanks in advance.
Pause Switch to Standard View Advice/opinions please.
Show More
Report cacique December 11, 2016 1:25 PM GMT
serious blacktype from her 3rd dam

I think i could buy her for 3k or less.

What hidden costs are you concerned about?

you're only going to spend 3k on it so all you'll have to is feed it for 3 years and hope to god that one of its brother/sister wins and then you can sell it for possibly double your money
Report cacique December 11, 2016 1:30 PM GMT
or better still, put her in foal at 2 and then sell them both as hunters.

Big piebald stallion wouldn't cost you that much for the cover.

Good chance getting some return on your money with that.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com