Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Big Black Cat
24 Oct 16 12:21
| Topic/replies: 965 | Blogger: Big Black Cat's blog
Not a big surprise after his last two runs.  Fee not announced yet.  Dual derby winner, good sire, not a bad page, most of HH's are though!

I'm guessing E15-20K first season-or is that way too high?
Pause Switch to Standard View Harzand off to Gilltown
Show More
Report proxygene October 24, 2016 12:34 PM BST
Sounds high to me but suspect it will be even higher.
Report Big Black Cat October 24, 2016 2:26 PM BST
A cheaper option than his Sire maybe?

Interesting to see how they market him-a thorough stayer in a not so hot crop (a few notable exceptions excluded...can see him of being of interest to the NH breeders, although the Gilltown may not want that?
Report potentialmillionaire October 24, 2016 4:14 PM BST
He really is of no appeal isnt he?

But then again, the competition isn't going to be great and being one of however many at Mehmas  (sic?) who could be the next Lillbourne Lad isn't necessarily preferable to a well bred proper racehorse.

I'm not afraid to try something different every now and then but I fear this might be a step to far!

Of course, looks are everything and they nearly always go hand in hand with a good sound mating so if that's what this fellow brings to your mare's table then he shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.
Report Big Black Cat October 24, 2016 10:21 PM BST
Its a typical HH Aga Khan staying pedigree, when everyone seems to want speed in the breed PM!?

I guess he would be a potential sire for a speedy mare to inject a bit of stamina into a pedigree?
Report brain dead jockeys October 24, 2016 11:44 PM BST
combination of 12 & soft ground requirements makes him unattractive............mr weld did a very good job winning two derbys with this horse..........his last two runs wont do anything to attract breeders
Report Big Black Cat November 10, 2016 11:18 AM GMT
Seems I was about right with this one then-lucky guess LaughLaughLaugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com