Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Somerset Sam
29 Aug 16 10:40
| Topic/replies: 1,234 | Blogger: Somerset Sam's blog
Saw this one (and other Tatts entries) at Floors Stud the other day and you wouldnt believe how laid back he was stood in his box.

Well put together and obviously could be anything on breeding. Overall, definitely some nice specimens in the Floors draft.
Pause Switch to Standard View Frankel x Attraction - Yearling colt...
Show More
Report Somerset Sam September 2, 2016 7:27 PM BST
127 views and not one reply. Whats the point of even posting, shame, because at its height it was the best forum on the whole site, not now.
Report Formtwist September 2, 2016 8:03 PM BST
Somerset Sam, you gave some information. It is clearly privileged and private. Interesting, but not a question or controversial opinion so why expect any posts?
Report lingbleed September 2, 2016 11:39 PM BST
you want a ? somerset lets guess how much our friend up there goes for . We know he's well bred by a guineas winner out of a double guineas  winner , and you where ever so kind to go down an inspect him for us and by it sound's like he looks good . So good page good confirmation and a whole load of nostalgia , plus been a colt . no recession and plenty of d1cks been waved about , and i aint talking about the the horse's i'll go first with ........2.7MG  . Free galileo colt to whom ever gets the closest " Honest" POTM said he's one at home just taken up space said he donate it , in the hope of getting a bit off banter on this forum .
Report yer ma September 3, 2016 10:31 AM BST
I take it you looked at his knees and feet - his brother Huntlaw wasnt sellable because of the aformentioned.  Hasnt stopped him winning but not a star.  Doubt dukey be that keen to see someone getting private shows and then spouting on forums tbh.
Report truehoncho September 3, 2016 2:32 PM BST
Hi Sam, the reason I didn't respond is because I would have been negative about it and you tend to get stick on this site if you are not a Frankel lover. Personally I think he will sell for too much money and that goes for all of F's. He just isn't cutting it at the moment. It might change but I doubt it.
Report kincsem September 3, 2016 3:57 PM BST
Champions produce the occasional champion, but many horses don't reach the racecourse, and the average rating of those that do is in the 70s.
Report A_T September 3, 2016 8:23 PM BST
another stakes winner for Frankel today
Report truehoncho September 3, 2016 8:59 PM BST
Choisir had a better one and he is 1/10th the price of F.
Report Big Black Cat September 3, 2016 9:34 PM BST
Attraction didn't have the best conformation IIRC-front leg?
Report lingbleed September 3, 2016 9:36 PM BST
I see people chatting but no ones given valuations or predictions , Come on lads lets have your guess , whether or not he goes on to become a star has very little "oddly enough" to how much he will cost at the sale's , just a bit of fun .
Report Big Black Cat September 3, 2016 9:42 PM BST
I wouldn't pay 2.7M for the colt myself lingbleed!  Rare that top class mares produce anything remotely similar to themselves and although Attraction has produced a group winner, there's no consistency in performance of her progeny.

You'd be taking a big chance that Frankel would upgrade her significantly for that amount of dosh.  I'm out and if the colt is the second coming, then so be it...
Report Big Black Cat September 3, 2016 9:45 PM BST
I'll go for 750000 Guineas lingbleed.  And not a penny more!
Report lingbleed September 3, 2016 10:01 PM BST
I fear you'll be going home empty handed Mr Cat , the top end of the market lives in a fantasy world , were such things as mortgages and paying for car loans don't really exist . It's more a case of who want's it more , plus going on the price of some the Frankels sold this year ,this has the potential to be a big one , it just takes two wealthy owner's to want the same thing .
Report Posh Paddy September 3, 2016 10:44 PM BST
I think BBC is about right but I'll go a tad lower at 700k.

Look forward to PotM s prize (I haven't responded on our last chat, I just haven't figured out what your new angle is for this year Blush )

Given the book Frankel covered is he exceeding expectations currently?  I'd say he is as I didn't think he'd get as precocious offspring as he has but I'd be interested what others think.  Does he need a classic winner / G1 winner next year?
Report Big Black Cat September 3, 2016 11:21 PM BST
I fear you are right lingbleed-however the over inflated price will solely be down to hype and the colossal amount of willy waving associated with Frankel

We will know more soon as to whether the hype is justified when his back end 2 yo's come out-these should be his potential classic horses for next year.  He has produced some more precocious types than you would imagine so far, but there are some very green tinted glasses being used to watch his progeny through.

I am not knocking the animal-he was a magnificent racehorse, he's had a good start as a stallion, he has everything in place to become a breeding legend.  But I wonder in a few years time will we be comparing him to his own sire and grandsire, or will he have not quite reached those very lofty heights....
Report Koo.... September 4, 2016 8:37 AM BST
Not Sold 775k
Report A_T September 4, 2016 10:04 AM BST
Choisir had a better one and he is 1/10th the price of F.

Choisir is 1/10th the price because he's been active 10 years but only a few good ones.
Report kincsem September 4, 2016 2:04 PM BST
I didn't know we were to guess at the price of an auction lot.
What they fetch is irrelevant (except to the buyer, seller, and other who paid Frankel's fee).

One reason I can offer for Frankel not being a success long-term is that he was a big horse.
Many good sires were small: Hyperion; Northern Dancer; Round Table; Mill Reef; Blushing Groom; Danzig; Lyphard
These smaller horses won because of quality not size, and they passed on the quality.
That is my opinion, probably not shared by many.
Report neill d September 5, 2016 9:33 AM BST

Sep 3, 2016 -- 8:32AM, truehoncho wrote:

Hi Sam, the reason I didn't respond is because I would have been negative about it and you tend to get stick on this site if you are not a Frankel lover. Personally I think he will sell for too much money and that goes for all of F's. He just isn't cutting it at the moment. It might change but I doubt it.

The Frankel white knighters are an absolute pain in the ass.

Report richardf September 6, 2016 8:30 AM BST
Hi

I went to see this colt when I did the walk from Musselburgh to Kelso during Walking The Courses. It was unbelievable the extent to which he looked so like his mum at the time (without the bent legs!).

I remember this time last year everyone in the game saying that Frankel wasn't stamping his progeny. Much can happen in a year!!

Do this colt still closely resemble his dam or are there clear signs of Frankel in him  now?
Report potentialmillionaire September 7, 2016 9:20 PM BST
Lingbleed, I find myself not a little embarrassed as I seem to have mislaid my free Galileo nomination.

Please forgive me but it's usually stored next to my Mullionmileanhour one and now only that remains.

Would all be frightfully upset if I were to offer that instead as 1st prize?
Report lingbleed September 7, 2016 10:37 PM BST
Well Potm i think most might actually be happier with that nomination , as it just happens i was talking to a man with his ear firmly on the ground , and he told me that Galileo was finished and wasn't really ever that good . Who is this wise man i hear you ask ! ............ The Gotcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Report potentialmillionaire September 8, 2016 5:25 PM BST
Steuth.

Posh and JohnnyM, we've been CENSORED!!!!!!

Would you believe it, what rebels we are!

What next, are they to turn us away from Tattersalls ?
Report Posh Paddy September 9, 2016 9:47 AM BST
Since when? What are you on about?  I'm lost - again!
Report potentialmillionaire September 9, 2016 1:31 PM BST
With apologies Posh (and JohnnyM)

Buffoon that I am, I thought that the Gotchees latest vile diatribe had been on this thread and had subsequently been removed along with associated postings.

Oh dear oh dear, and what with you hurtling towards stress meltdown, I cannot apologise enough for frying your brain further!
Report Posh Paddy September 9, 2016 2:38 PM BST
Phew.  I have to say I don't mind The Gochee s anti Galileo rants.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion even if I don't agree with them.  I was little surprised when someone said Sepoy is going to be the second coming (and you didn't wholey disagree) but each to their own.

I am trying to remain calm but as we get closer to 29 Sept I get more afraid of getting a call that disaster has struck.  Why do we put ourselves through it?
Report Big Black Cat October 7, 2016 10:43 AM BST
So 1.6 M Guineas for this lad....too expensive for me but good look to Shadwell who have got one with a pretty smart pedigree...
Report Formtwist October 7, 2016 11:25 AM BST
A half-brother of course to Fountain of Youth
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com