Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jmc27
26 Aug 16 20:05
| Topic/replies: 3,650 | Blogger: jmc27's blog
Is this his first crop of 2yr olds at his highest fee or was that last years?
Looking a bit poor on that front again this year, can he be really classified as one of the Worlds best if he hasnt had at least one Grp1 winning 2 yr old?
Would be kind of ironic if AOB got it with one he has down there :-o

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 5
By:
A_T
When: 26 Aug 16 21:46
Does anyone actually use him apart from Sheikh Mohammed and his relatives?
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 29 Aug 16 10:14
Well she'll need to be supplemented jmc as she hasn't got any entries at all yet and I imagine the group 1s will be closed now!
His fee has always been climbing and these 2yos were conceived off a 75k fee.
His level now is just plain stupid as he lacks a little consistency and as you say doesn't do enough on the 2yo front. One or two good older horses with the potential to add mega bucks to the prize money haul each time does not a mega sire make. Though I appreciate he is a terrific sire but the last rise in fee was daft and I don't know how they regress without looking a little foolish.
Before we chastise darley though we must remember they don't own the horse and I can imagine the owner does blow hot and cold a bit so could be partly to blame.

A-T, he does cover more than a smattering of outside mares, I'd guess at about a third of his book but don't quote me, but he is not easy to get into and as with all these top horses there's foal shares and nomination swaps to consider so I suppose finding a few to actually pay a top fee when they are desperate to use the horse remains entirely possible.

For now.
By:
jmc27
When: 29 Aug 16 17:39
Hey Potm :) sorry the horse I was reference was the colt African not Veruschka the filly who was with David Wachman but probably will be now with AOB after todays news.

The thing that was a bit strange was the Worlds Greatest Stallion video last year, say they kind of regret chucking that out there!
By:
proxygene
When: 29 Aug 16 22:21
FWIW, I had Dubawi above Galileo as top rated sire for 2015 knocking him off top place after 4 consecutive years. Dubawi didn't make the top 30 for sires of 2 year olds 2015 however.
By:
Formtwist
When: 30 Aug 16 20:16
Off topic but Sir Percy posted impressive results at both Premier and Silver sales. Hope your colt is coming along nicely Proxy to cash in at the foal sale?
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com