Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
truehoncho
15 May 16 16:49
| Topic/replies: 4,741 | Blogger: truehoncho's blog
What a stallion, 4 classics 2 winners and the damsire of the other 2. I know he gets the best mares band everybody knows how good he is but you can't help being very impressed He looks like making it as a sire of sires as well. If he can be inbred/line bred with in the same way as Northern Dancer in 50 years everything will be descended from him.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 53
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 15 May 16 17:00
I bet Coolmore are a bit hacked off.

For those people that managed to get an unfettered 'pay your money, take your foal' sort of nomination this year (and that's probably relatively few) well I bet they are wishing they had charged them a bit more!

All these achievements are far in advance of what Dubawi could achieve, top sire that he undoubtedly is.

These are Guineas horses too, not the stamina laden late maturers that Galileos should be!
By:
truehoncho
When: 15 May 16 17:41
On a breeding note. What does everybody think about future line breeding with Sea The Stars and Galileo as STS is a useful stallion himself. I know line breeding isn't as fashionable as it once was but historically inbreeding to 1/2 brothers was a favourite strategy of breeders.There are some absolutely beautifully bred fillies around by these 2 stallions and it would be very interesting to see some of these line bred
By:
brain dead jockeys
When: 15 May 16 19:06
galileo is incredible........o'brien has 50 two year olds by galileo this year
By:
truehoncho
When: 15 May 16 19:17
Dubawi is a terrific stallion and his stock are generally very genuine and willing. I saw a lovely colt last week at Newmarket (Firnas) that won really well and with a little more time would have been a Derby horse (he may still be). That unfortunately, is Dubawi's problem. He lacks precocity and his lack of 2yo's will always be a problem for him. I'm sure Coolmore's speedy broodmare band helps Galileo but you can take nothing away from him he is s proper phenomenon.
By:
brain dead jockeys
When: 04 Jun 16 01:53
another classic for Galileo
By:
Colonel Sanders
When: 04 Jun 16 18:42
and a 2nd & 3rd in the Derby....

His half brother supplying the winner
By:
truehoncho
When: 04 Jun 16 19:26
I thought it was a great Derby. 3 really well bred horses in front and over 3 seconds faster than Postponed. I think STS will be getting plenty of Derby and Leger winners in the future with Galileo getting his share as well. It will be tough for Darley to crack that nut in the near future.
I wish Coolmore would stand some cheaper stallions over here. I don't see it hurting their operation in Ireland, there can't be many people sending mares to Ireland for £5-7k stallions. With Darley flooding Ireland with cheap/club stallions why doesn't Coolmore reciprocate? They would be mobbed for some of those cheaper Galileo's as Roderic O'Conner has demonstrated.
By:
brain dead jockeys
When: 04 Jun 16 20:38
the owner of sea the stars must be pinching himself........i know they are wealthy anyway but how many horses did they ever have running in europe?...........not too many and now they have a printing machine........one would think they would send Mr oxx 20 sea the stars yearlings every year.
By:
Colonel Sanders
When: 10 Jul 16 21:59
Deauville G1 winner number 58 AFAIK, can he get to 100 before hes done?

As an aside, which stallion has sired the highest number of G1 winners ever?
By:
Colonel Sanders
When: 10 Jul 16 22:05
Danehill has 89, Sadler's Well 80 after a quick google
By:
brain dead jockeys
When: 11 Jul 16 21:35
3 goldmines for coolmore for past 30 years..............s wells, danehill & galileo............who will be number 4?
By:
brain dead jockeys
When: 17 Jul 16 01:14
another group 1 winner...........seventh heaven comes from far back to win 2016 irish oaks..........what a stallion
By:
truehoncho
When: 30 Jul 16 20:09
Well 6 group/grade 1s in a month. When Coolmore eventually find a replacement for this fella they are going to have some splendid mares by him to keep their empire on top.
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 07 Aug 16 14:09
There's an excellent article on the RP Bloodstock site regarding Galileo and his influence on APOB's career.

The numbers are staggering-he may be expensive and very difficult to get into but boy what an influence he's been at stud. 

Definitely worth a read.

Many moons ago SOVIET SONG was covered by GALILEO and very sadly for Elite, she didn't get in foal...... :-(  May have been another G1 winner for him as well!
By:
The Gotchee
When: 07 Aug 16 20:27
Come on, let's be realistic.
He gets all the good mares.
How many group winners has he produced out of ordinary mares?

Replies on the back of a postage stamp, please.
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 08 Aug 16 14:27
Indeed he does The Gotchee.

As did Sadler's Wells and Danehill I would think?  And Frankel's first book was pretty tasty too.  The old adage of breeding the best with the best?

If you were in charge at Coolmore wouldn't you send him your best mares too?
By:
lingbleed
When: 13 Aug 16 13:01
didn't get the best mares at the start Gotchee , but i think we all know Mr Gotchee is slightly bias , was that your book about coolmore than got pulled Gotchee
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 06 Sep 16 22:30
Excellent article in the RP Bloodstock section regarding his 2016 book.

No wonder he does so well.
By:
Johnny_Mustang
When: 07 Sep 16 08:20
Change the bleeding record Gotchee you one-dimensional dullard.

Idiot.
By:
The Gotchee
When: 07 Sep 16 20:49
He gets the best mares Mr. Mustang, an irrefutable fact.
You have a very limited understanding of bloodstock breeding and in particular mating.

With a comment like that Mr Mustang, as far as mating is concerned, I suspect that the best part of you was left on your auld lads Y-fronts.
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 07 Sep 16 21:15
Johnny M why oh why did you prod The Gotchee?

No right minded person wishes him to read his crude vitriol, let him be in his den of in iniquity.

Life's too short. . .
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 02 Oct 16 15:39
1-2-3 for Galileo in the Arc.....who's this Frankel anyway....
By:
lingbleed
When: 02 Oct 16 16:07
answered back after Dubawi got his first 2 yr group 1 winner,
By:
Johnny_Mustang
When: 06 Oct 16 17:02
The Gotchee now on suicide watch. Poor bloke's probably pacing around his bedsit, rabid at the mouth and rocking back and forth only stopping to ram a few pins into his homemade Galileo voodoo doll.
By:
The Gotchee
When: 06 Oct 16 21:02
Your mentor has already told you not to be prodding me. So listen to a voice of reason.
By:
brain dead jockeys
When: 11 Oct 16 17:45
since his frist crop runners in 2005, the great galileo has sired the winners of 15% of the g1 races in ireland and britain.........that includes all sprint races as well........so for races of a 7f and beyond its probably
25%..........mind boggling
By:
A_T
When: 11 Oct 16 19:59
Are there any G1 races in UK, Ireland and France of which he hasn't sired a winner? Maybe only a few 5-8f races I guess.
By:
The Headmaster
When: 11 Oct 16 21:53
Excellent pub question, AT (let's say 8f+ to give the old boy a chance).  There can't be many, but I got one - and most oddly it's over 10f and sponsored by Coolmore.....
By:
jockeyhunter
When: 11 Oct 16 22:19
royal ascots most prestigious 10f race?
By:
brain dead jockeys
When: 11 Oct 16 22:24
went to stud in 2002............2017,18,19,20,21...............5 more years and thats 20..........they must be getting worried cause guys lets be honest.............the success and wealth of coolmore stud is based on 3 horses

1. s wells
2. danehill
3. galileo

they made fortunes from those 3............take them away & they would just be another successful stud, not the mighty coolmore
By:
brain dead jockeys
When: 11 Oct 16 22:25
that poxy 10f g1 3yo fillies race in france
By:
brain dead jockeys
When: 11 Oct 16 22:26
prix saint alary
By:
jockeyhunter
When: 11 Oct 16 22:29
never one the prince of wales unless i am mistaken
By:
jockeyhunter
When: 11 Oct 16 22:29
won
By:
The Headmaster
When: 12 Oct 16 21:20
No, you're not. 

Prince Of Wales's Stakes
Prix Saint Alary

Any more?  We've done quite well getting two, in my humble...
By:
jockeyhunter
When: 12 Oct 16 22:15
Critérium de Saint-Cloud?
By:
The Gotchee
When: 12 Oct 16 23:09
Why are the Galileo's trained outside of Ballydoyle so inferior?
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 12 Oct 16 23:17
Errr.... Frankel.....Intello??

Frankel was decent?  Intello not bad either?
By:
Jezebel
When: 14 Oct 16 12:07
Nathaniel, Golden Lilac, Noble Mission...
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com