Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
doncaster rover
28 Oct 15 12:34
| Topic/replies: 583 | Blogger: doncaster rover's blog
I know very little about horse breeding but have recently purchased a %10 share in a royal lodge yearling,and wondered if the fact that Royal lodge i22 years old if age in a stallion tends to affect the offspring,this is my first venture into ownership and cannot wait to go and watch him race next spring
Pause Switch to Standard View Royal lodge colt
Show More
Report Formtwist October 30, 2015 1:01 PM GMT
Most of us here are appreciative of buyers of yearlings and understand your enthusiasm. In answer to your specific question, the age of a stallion can affect fertility, but not ability. Can you enlighten us further as to the dam of your yearling, being the other half of the genetic equation?
Report doncaster rover November 2, 2015 1:58 PM GMT
Thanks for your reply Formtwist,the Colt is Royal Applause xGuisina Mia,fought at D B S Aug silver sale and in training with Kevin Ryan, Also since posting this message I have just bought a %10 share in a yearling filly by Casamento x Angel bright in training with Ben Hanbury,your thoughts would be greatly appreciated,P S the syndicate is called ONTOAWINNER who had the Cornwalliss winner in Quiet reflection also the mill reef winner in to cool for chool
Report ONSLOW1974 November 2, 2015 3:30 PM GMT
Think Ben Hanbury has retired.
Do you mean Ben Haslam?
Good luck with your yearlings.
Report doncaster rover November 3, 2015 11:52 AM GMT
Yes sorry onslow Ben Haslem,thanks for your good wishes
Report Formtwist November 6, 2015 8:47 PM GMT
I have the oddest sensation of this thread being akin to solving a cryptic crossword! However, your syndicate has a good record, you have top trainers and the pedigrees are good for the job. Best of luck, will keep an eye on results.
Report workrider November 6, 2015 11:59 PM GMT
Doubt you could say Ben Haslem was a top trainer tbh, I was at his stables recently and to say they appear nearly as old as the castle ajoining them would be a fair assesment .
Report doncaster rover January 25, 2016 2:33 PM GMT
Sorry Roya applause ,not Royal lodge ,he is now a gelding and as yet is not named
Report doncaster rover April 8, 2016 11:18 AM BST
My Royal Applause gelding has been named Backinanger
Report doncaster rover July 15, 2016 10:56 AM BST
Well the long awaited day has arrived this sunday17/7/16 Backinanger makes his debut in the first race at Redcar,should be a good learning experience for him,Kevin Ryan's horses are going well so that is a positive
Report Formtwist July 15, 2016 8:18 PM BST
The very best of luck to you. Redcar is an excellent track for an owner and a young horse
Report doncaster rover July 18, 2016 6:19 PM BST
Well waited since last October to see my horse run booked a hotel for my wife and I for two nights,being severely disabled it is hard work for my wife to get me to and around the race track but she does remarkedly well.we get to the races and my horse Backinanger finishes last beat by a distance ,but I've not to worry as they say he will come on for the run.Hard game this horse ownership,oh ell got 3 more unraced so maybe a winner amongst them
Report Somerset Sam July 21, 2016 1:24 PM BST
Enjoy the experience DR,your horse is in good hands and will hopefully have learned from its first run.

All the best.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com