Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Breedingmad
12 May 15 01:23
| Topic/replies: 21,496 | Blogger: Breedingmad's blog
My impression is he was a great miler not made an impact on 2 yea olds yet
will be wary..still like ZebedeeExcited
Pause Switch to Standard View Canford Cliffs
Show More
Report GEORGE.B July 20, 2015 1:06 AM BST
The form might be worth diddly squat and she might have been running away from trees (RPR of 79 Blush), but I was impressed with Lady Clair at Catterick t'other day.

Stuart 'ya Pun Man' Machin said on Replay that she had been given a 'speculative' entry in the Lowther, which I thought was a strange way to describe it!

Whatever, if she turns up on the day and is a working man's price, I may just have a shekel EW!

Btw, I see since the thread was posted, the sire has had a couple of Group winners in Ireland. The 'lads' will be pleased!
Report brain dead jockeys July 27, 2015 11:53 PM BST
coolmore badly need sires who can produce 6 furlong two year olds and sprinter/milers and may just have found two in cliffs and zoffany.
Report Spock July 29, 2015 9:39 PM BST
Personally, I have a real belief that CC wont get too many precocious types and they will get better and better as they mature - reckon judgement should be delayed until next year...
Report zygote August 24, 2015 10:48 PM BST
Canford Cliffs and Zoffany represent Coolmore's badly-needed outcrosses for their over-abundance of mares by Sadler's Wells, Montjeu, and Galileo. Fastnet Rock does not appear to have done the job for them, and I guess 'the lads' are regretting not investing on a few alternatives to the Northern Dancer line. How they must be envious of Darley, who have not only Dubawi but also Shamardal.
Report truehoncho August 25, 2015 3:42 AM BST
I think Coolmore have plenty of mares besides the SW lines. They just about had all the best ND lines including the sire of Shamardal. Other than Dubawi the only other decent prospects Darley have are by Coolmore stallions.
Report Spock June 4, 2016 9:55 PM BST
Going great guns, now we are getting a prevalence of favorable ground conditions
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com