Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
truehoncho
15 Sep 14 19:35
| Topic/replies: 4,337 | Blogger: truehoncho's blog
I liked this horse. Can he make it with his pedigree.

Nureyef got Pivitol through an unfashionable stallion.
Pause Switch to Standard View Dick Turpin. Any Chance?
Show More
Report Wilycayote September 15, 2014 11:17 PM BST
The short answer to your question is .....No.

But, what he has in his favour is the worst crop of first season sires in Eng for a generation. It is only DT Poet's Voice of any note. I dont expect the PV's to be early types, so DT could get of to a relatively good start through lack of competition!
Report Johnny_Mustang September 16, 2014 8:33 AM BST
Absolutely no chance and will be the latest in a long list of National Stud stallion disasters waiting to happen.

Although I agree with Wily that because of the paucity of stallions with first 2-y-os next year some of his offspring might get noticed, this is purely ephemeral. They will very quickly become invisible once the better stallions come on the scene, those with foals this year.
Report truehoncho September 16, 2014 7:52 PM BST
thanks for your comments. i probably agree, but he does have a pedigree thats a little bit different and was better class than a lot at stud.

I would like him to do well but i think he will never really get much chance. what about Delegator 3rd season?
I had a mare barren to showcasing this year with a filly free return deal. tough game this
Report potentialmillionaire September 16, 2014 9:29 PM BST
Well truehonch, as you know, the fence is my favourite seating area.

Who knows what will happen to Dickie, after all who would have had Acclamation, Dutch Art and Dark Angel all standing at over 25k.?
I'm adamant it never does to be adamant in this game but I wouldn't be in a rush to use him in the gamblers gambliest year for sure.
Get yourself to the sales to assess Delegator's chances. I have one and it is very classy, but not without fault regrettably.
Report Wilycayote September 16, 2014 10:15 PM BST
It seems in recent years that in order to give a lower price stallion the best possible start the stud that stands them needs a decent broodmare band of its own. Yoemanstown, Tally Ho, Whitsbury, Rathasker etc all have 50+ broodmare bands to back up their stallions, The National Stud has zero. I dont think the National Stud will have stallions in 5 years time.

Struggling to see what "value" stallions will be the obvious ones to use next year...
Report The Gotchee September 16, 2014 11:06 PM BST
Very easy to write off a stallion when we all know 90% will fail.
Coolmore give all their stallions a big leg up because they have they have the best broodmare band in the world, yet 9 out of 10 Coolmore stallions fail. If anything happens to Galileo they are finished.
As a results of his exploits last weekend they will make a killing out of Mastercraftsman next year but he doesn't have any good 2 year olds. A top stallion will produce top 2 year olds but this fella is not in that category.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com