Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jmc27
13 Jul 14 19:23
| Topic/replies: 3,650 | Blogger: jmc27's blog
When it comes to Group offspring seem to have a weird consistency, Ive noticed they go from hero to zero very quick.
Maybe zero is been harsh but an example Street Cry sires a wonder horse and Graded winners left right and centre one year then a barren spell where he drops out of the top 20 in the States.

One theory I have it seems when they have that break through season they get a lot of Maktoum-Rabbah mares that outside mares. Is their a mismatch happening then?

The unanswerable question if Dubawi was with Coolmore would he be more of a success???
Show More
Report truehoncho July 14, 2014 2:38 PM BST
Actually I think the problem certainly is that when their stallions get some commercial success they restrict numbers from outside and load the stallion with their own staying type mares.
Report roy jones July 15, 2014 5:47 PM BST
this is absolutely true.....it is impossible to have some stallion from darley !!
Report neill d July 15, 2014 11:18 PM BST
Just saw that Coolmore sold the Fillies Mile winner Listen a few years back, and that one of her progeny has just been bought by Sheikh Fahad over in Japan. What is the thinking in this on Coolmore's part? (is it because she is a sister of Sequoyah, the dam of Henrythenavigator and Coolmore feel this base is covedered). Why weren't Godolphin in for her?
Report neill d July 15, 2014 11:21 PM BST
Apologies, she is a daughter of Sequoyah.
Report potentialmillionaire July 16, 2014 1:15 PM BST
I imagine that Listen was sold at the time some major Japanese were restocking a few years ago.

They were spending big so why wouldn't you sell if the figures added up and you were well stocked with the family? Maybe Coolmore weren't too enamoured of the mare either, after all a great race record isn't everything as we know.

Anyway it was a private sale Neil d so that's not going to be Godolphin territory is it!!
Report neill d July 16, 2014 2:40 PM BST
Thanks Potential, informative as always. Should have noted she was sold privately. I guess everything has a price. Funny one though, I know Aidan is going to speak well of all of them, but he always seemed to be particularly taken with her at the time. Others further up the chain mustn't have shared his opinion.
Report jmc27 July 16, 2014 7:09 PM BST
Listen already has had a runner in Japan a Danehill Dancer Filly dont know hows she got on, she has a 2 year old filly by Deep Impact owned by Sunday Racing Co Ltd (The Red black and yellow colours that win everything japan)
Coolmore sent a few mares to Deep Impact Peeping Fawn, Cherokee are two i know off. All My Loving was on his list but I dont know if they still own her!
The Peeping Fawn x Deep Impact is suppose to be in the could be special bracket from an article I read.
Report neill d July 16, 2014 11:16 PM BST
Thanks JMC, monstrous racehorse was that Deep Impact.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com