Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Posh Paddy
09 Jun 14 21:24
| Topic/replies: 386 | Blogger: Posh Paddy's blog
After 13 years grafting away in London I have finally thrown in the towel.  It has taken me this long to realise what I actually want to do with my life - work in Racing.

Too long have I commuted an hour and a half to sleepwalk though yet another day while gradually losing the will to live so I’ve left my job and sold the house. 

As of this Saturday I will be moving back to Fethard, Co Tipperary taking up residence in my late Grandmothers house with Mrs PP and the mini PP’s.  If any of you are passing through to get your mares covered or view the latest stallion prospect and fancy a cuppa then you are more than welcome to pop in.  Also if you are travelling from further afield and need somewhere to stay my parents run a nice little B&B.

While I have a few contacts, if any of you know anyone in the industry looking to employ someone with plenty of office experience who is enthusiastic hard working and willing to learn the practical side then please let me know. BalticBladeRacing
@outlook.com

I know many will think that I must be mad Crazy to give up a stable well paid job with healthcare, pension etc but I can’t emphasise how much I had grown to hate the monotony of it and just thought if I did n’t give it a shot I’d always regret it.

Au revoir England

PPExcited
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire June 9, 2014 10:25 PM BST
I rather suspect Posh, that people who have the balls to do what you've done rarely regret it.

Many years ago I did something similar although I was young and unencumbered, hell I still amLaugh, so I know it's possible. Definitely the right move and if all else fails your folks aren't getting any younger so you can always take over the breakfast shift!

Hopefully a reconnection with your roots will have you feeling better already and what comes next who knows. But isn't that a rush. . .
Report proxygene June 10, 2014 12:09 AM BST
PP, excuses excuses, we all know you're going back to nurse BB really.

Best of Luck with it all.
Report sageform June 11, 2014 1:09 PM BST
As a country dweller for almost all of my life, I could never cope with city life but understand why so many people have to move to a city for a career. What they often overlook in the cost of living issue is the extra cost of living and working in a town job. Not just housing but transport, food, clothing (if you wore a suit) etc etc. As a farmer for most of my life, my travel cost to work was nil, we produced some of our own food and I didn't often wear a suit! I was also able to choose my working hours-6-12 in the morning and 4-7 in the afternoon fits quite well with racing!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com