Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
general custer
19 Mar 14 16:13
| Topic/replies: 7,968 | Blogger: general custer's blog
I have a 6 year old Overbury mare out of a Phardante mare,that I intend to breed from in the next couple of months,any suggestions for a UK based stallion to suit,her race record 2 wins from 8 runs,interested parties can PM me for further details.
Pause Switch to Standard View To all N.H.breeders out there
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire March 20, 2014 10:52 AM GMT
General, sir, I am not a NH breeder and I am well known for my ignorance on the matter, however by way of an opening gambit, are you planning to race or sell the subsequent offspring?
Report general custer March 20, 2014 11:23 AM GMT
thanks for your reply,the dame now retired was commercially very successful,I have no suitable facilities for breeding,but I would consider a foal share with any interested breeders,selling her progeny would be the way forward for me.
Report general custer March 20, 2014 11:34 AM GMT
apologies dam not dame  Happy
Report Johnny_Mustang March 20, 2014 11:56 AM GMT
Is this the mare that won her bumper first time out and a hurdle at Catterick?
Report general custer March 20, 2014 12:32 PM GMT
yes well done johnny you got her first time Cool
Report Johnny_Mustang March 20, 2014 1:08 PM GMT
It depends on what sort of budget you have. I think generally the majority of UK-based NH stallions are a pretty poor bunch and the half-decent ones such as Midnight Legend and Kayf Tara are getting too old. So if I was forced to pick an up-and-coming horse I'd probably go for Schiaperelli at 2K (am sure they can improve on that). He's a five-time G1 winner and his young stock are good sorts I'm led to believe.
Report general custer March 20, 2014 9:13 PM GMT
thanks Johnny
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com