Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
comradecloser
06 Mar 14 12:12
| Topic/replies: 73 | Blogger: comradecloser's blog
Not strictly a breeding or bloodstock question : As the ratio of live to dead weight carried by a horse is very important is there any way to find out what a jockey actually weighs at the moment ? ( as just knowing the overall weight carried doesn't tell you much ). Any answers much appreciated , thanks.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 3
By:
proxygene
When: 06 Mar 14 20:04
The easiest way is to go on the Racing post website and search the jockey. At the top of his page is a lightest riding weight this season which is probably as close as you'll get. Not necc up to date but wont vary by much.
By:
comradecloser
When: 07 Mar 14 15:36
I think it may vary by an enormous amount . Don't jockeys regularly gain and lose up to 7lbs in a day ?
By:
proxygene
When: 08 Mar 14 13:12
In that case no it will never be possible to know a jockeys weight at any instant in time. Anyone who regularly has to shift 7lbs in a day would be mad to admit it.

As a hydrated individual it would take me 3 hours of running to lose it, who would be able to perform their job to their full ability after doing that every day. Diuretics are banned too.

That racing post figure is what some jockeys can push down to, if they dont need to ride at that weight on any particular day I guess they are able to have food or not sweat, not that I have any experience of it whatsoever.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com