Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ffs
18 Feb 14 00:32
| Topic/replies: 1,150 | Blogger: ffs's blog
Hi All,

I was wondering if any medically inclined members would like to share their knowledge re: how Stanazol or other PEDs could affect the breeding career of mares that were subjected to such administration.

i.e. could hormonal imbalances be developed that would make getting in foal and producing healthy offspring be compromised ?

obv this is a little bit topical due to unfortunate circumstances (on both sides of the sea), but as an owner / breeder I'm very concerned that a breeding career could be compromised by a greedy trainer.

thanks for any comments.
Pause Switch to Standard View Breeding and PEDs
Show More
Report yer ma February 18, 2014 5:10 PM GMT
Plenty happy to say they will have an effect on potential breeding function but the only study i know(and it wasnt thoroughbreds or stanazol) plying high doses of anabolics into mares had no impact on their breeding cycle until doses brought testosterone levels to near that of stallions and that stopped them cycling.    I wouldnt imagine even the dodgiest of trainers give horses prolonged super high dose anabolics (cost alone would prevent this), mind you the turf club wouldnt know (or try to find out it appears).
Report ffs February 19, 2014 3:10 AM GMT
thanks yer ma,

that's relatively good to hear, all this brings back horrible memories of E. German women and the suffering they went thru, a lot ended up killing themselves.

not that I'm some angel, but this is really dangerous stuff.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com