Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
paulypaul
02 Feb 14 18:23
| Topic/replies: 2,100 | Blogger: paulypaul's blog
Any of his offspring had a run/entered yet?
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire February 3, 2014 2:30 PM GMT
Pauly, quickest way to find out this sort of info is to type the of a horse into the Racing Post website that will give you a quick résumé of any horse.

Paco Boy has his first runners  in 2014.
Report potentialmillionaire March 15, 2015 11:08 AM GMT
Somewhere out there, there is a more relevant thread, but I lost the will to keep searching and at least this has the right title!

I was quite taken by Lexington Times yesterday and whilst history dictates that his profile will have him no better than that, it is still a useful benchmark.

And that's just it, there really are one or two useful performers out there by Paco and of course the Warrenwondermachine has them all as having trained on wonderfully.

That of course could be fact as he was no 2yo himself. Added to the mix is the fact that by modern standards he is easy to mate if not effectively then at least not negatively inbreedesque ( now go on queue up and tell me how you love that new word)

Can he climb out of the 'they're mad we won't put up with them'  bracket he finds himself in?

I've got one cherish mating left to do, you won't be surprised to hear
Report potentialmillionaire March 15, 2015 11:10 AM GMT
( fecking Apple spelling 'corrector' CHEAPISH)
Report Posh Paddy March 15, 2015 3:45 PM GMT
A quick read of the return on mares shows the following:

Covered 2011 - 121
Covered 2012 - 106
Covered 2013 - 110
Covered 2014 - 41

Assuming you sell as a foal and Paco Boy churns out a few black type performers each year then he could be worth a punt.  I have so say I've never been a fan of his paper but results will speak for themselves.

I really feel for small breeders at the moment, you have a decent year and stallion fees go through the roof, the distance to fall if you have a crooked filly has just doubled (at least) you find yourself taking risks on stallions who might improve or stumping up the cash for a half decent 1st seasoner or established sire and reacquainting yourself with the local priest.

At least you have another years crop to come that were conceived on the cheaper fees.
Report sageform March 15, 2015 5:01 PM GMT
30 wins in 2014 including GB and Irish racing. 3 so far in 2015.
Report neill d March 16, 2015 12:45 AM GMT
Bad aul mover though, wasn't he? Hell of a horse, though. Does he take yer eye out?
Report Wilycayote November 8, 2016 12:37 PM GMT
I dont blame stallion managers for a bit of sales bluster, but there is a certain stud near Downton Abbey which takes the piss out of us. I just had the return of mares land on my door-mat and looked to see how many Paco Boy covered, to read it was 31 mares. Now read the extract from the racing post article written the day after 2000gns. Is he talking about the same horse!???

"It's absolutely remarkable," said Warren. "I've always heard the stories that if your stallion has a big winner the phone rings and you sell 50 nominations on the back of it, and I've always thought ‘yeah, yeah, yeah'."But I can't believe how many people now want to use the horse in the latter part of the covering season - it's fantastic. I should think the phone will keep ringing from now until the end of the year."

I might puke...
Report neill d November 8, 2016 2:19 PM GMT
On a related topic, not retiring Galileo Gold must be one of the dumbest moves made in recent times. I'd file bringing Shaala back at 3 next to that as well possibly.
Report Eont November 9, 2016 9:09 AM GMT
Is he actually saying he sold 50 shares?
It could be Paco Boy had only 20 mares before the 2,000 so in fact 31 is a big uplift.
It may also be the fact people were booking in for 2017.
The phone may keep ringing as he never answers it unless you are a member of a royal family somewhere in the world.
Report Formtwist November 9, 2016 10:33 AM GMT
He may have had fewer than the 20 is my guess, Eont. A combination of conformation and temperament has done for him as a sire commercially I think however talented the progeny may be. Owner-breeder with a very correct quiet mare might chance it I suppose. As for Galileo Gold I fear he would be tainted with the same brush in GB and Ireland as a well-documented quirky type if he retired now. He may earn plenty more on track next season and some remoter nation might then like him enough to buy him as a sire.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com