Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Big Black Cat
13 Jan 14 19:21
| Topic/replies: 965 | Blogger: Big Black Cat's blog
I thought this may be of interest to some, so here goes:

SOVIET SONG (Marju-Kalinka) will visit ELUSIVE QUALITY

SISTER ACT (Marju-Kalinka) dam of RIBBONS will visit MASTERCRAFTSMAN

KALINOVA (Red Ransom-Kalinka) dam of STARS ABOVE ME, will visit MASTERCRAFTSMAN

FFESTINIOG (Efisio-Penny Fan) dam of BORDER PATROL, EISTEDDFFOD, will visit LETHAL FORCE

SISTINE (Dubai Destination-Fickle), 3/4 sister to dam of CAMELOT, will visit DARK ANGEL

CHINA TEA (High Chapparal-Molasses) sister to MADAGAN, will visit HOLY ROMAN EMPEROR

MARLINKA (Marju-Baralinka) will visit CAPE CROSS.

It seems that the strategy this year is to add stamina to the sprinting types, and speed to the middle distance types.

Hope this is of interest.  Good luck to all of the breeders on her with your plans for 2014.  May you breed some decent types.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 9
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 13 Jan 14 20:19
Thank you bbc.

Funnily enough I'd just come of Meon Valley's site after having a nose at their mating plans - one of my favourite pastimes as you know - so it was good to see yours.

Brave to get Soviet Song nominated, I think I would have been inclined to wait and see!
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 13 Jan 14 20:27
My pleasure PM-its good fun this time of the year to see who's planning one-and of course, its the start of future dreams.

SOVIET SONG is very heavily in foal and due in the next couple of weeks, so fingers crossed....
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 13 Jan 14 20:29
I forgot to add the final mare who is :

AFFINITY (Sadlers Wells-Kalinka) who will visit PIVOTAL.
By:
sageform
When: 14 Jan 14 18:59
Elusive Quality-Soviet Song could be very interesting.
By:
Wilycayote
When: 14 Jan 14 22:37
Thanks PotM, never looked at the Meon valley site before.

Interesting to see some of the more "commercial" sires they are using...Helmet, Foxwedge, Mayson, Showcasing, Poets Voice. Still a good £550k spent on covering fees. Amazing how it must add up!
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 27 Jan 14 19:09
Devastating news this weekend as SISTER ACT (Marju-Kalinka) A full sister to SOVIET SONG died when foaling a nice filly by Exceed and Excel.

Those of you who follow my posts on ERC's breeding programme will know of the excitement I had for this mare as a replacement for her mother, especially as her sister has a difficult breeding history.

SISTER ACT was the dam of the useful listed placed mare RIBBONS, from whom more is expected this season.  At least at club can console itself that we have her and this filly to potentially carry on the tremendous family line.
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 27 Jan 14 19:17
Of course, RIBBONS is a filly, not a mare.
By:
Jezebel
When: 29 Jan 14 05:06
That's really sad news BBC, sorry to hear that.  I hope the filly thrives - are they trying to find a foster mare or bottle-feeding?

I was an Elite member when Sister Act was foaled and I remember being a little put out on her behalf when that year's crop were named as it felt like she was being defined by Sovie's achievements rather than her own potential.

When is Sovie due?
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 29 Jan 14 08:09
They have a foster mare Jezebel, which is a good thing.

I think until her untimely demise, Sister Act was the one mare owned by the club who could have been a worthy replacement for her mother Kalinka.  Her more famous sister was obviously the one everyone looked to in trying to breed a top class animal, but as someone said on here the breeding world is littered with mares who are related to superstars on the track, (but not as good) and their progeny have much better records on the track.

Sister Acts first foal a colt by Oasis Dream (ONE VISION) died on the gallops when trained by the late Sir Henry Cecil ('Could have been anything' was the great mans description of him).

Her second foal is the useful listed placed filly RIBBONS (by Manduro).  She also has a New Approach yearling colt and this filly foal by Exceed and Excel.

Sovie is due very shortly, so fingers crossed for her for a safe foaling.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com