Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Wilycayote
10 Dec 13 16:56
| Topic/replies: 473 | Blogger: Wilycayote's blog
Bearing in mind we should really only be concerned with what happens on the racecourse, its funny how our impressions of stallions' stock change so much before they have runners. In my humble opinion, ones that come to mind are....

Yes please - Lilbourne Lad, Fast Company, Showcasing, Roderic O'Connor...

Not so much - Paco Boy, Makfi...

But I'm fully aware that it could all change in a matter of months. And God knows, I've been wrong plenty of times.
(Furthermore, I think we said the same things about Dubawi as Makfi and that turned out ok!)

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 7
By:
sageform
When: 19 Dec 13 07:10
Dubawi had one of he best second season outcomes that I have ever recorded in my stats (of GB wins) but compared to a contemporary, Shamardal, he has done poorly since then.
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 26 Mar 14 22:43
I'm having an Equiano moment.

Been anti on the grounds of pedigree, wind and walk to date.

I imagine the market has seen what to make of his walk by now, the pedigree is actually okay if you drop back a bit and I suspect I might have heard if they were groaning round the lunge ring by now.

Anyone out there with the definitive answer as to where he will figure this year?

Ta!
By:
ovalu
When: 26 Mar 14 23:52
PotM, how do you know if a stallion has a wind problem, is it just something you would have heard on the grapevine?
Personally I think his pedigree is too light, but who knows I suppose
By:
proxygene
When: 27 Mar 14 11:21
Ok so he confounded the sprinter x stayer producing a slow sprinter (on occasions), but you'd have to imagine a scattering of those genes in the next generation. Were his first crop mares 'fixed or a mixture' in what they add?

However has anyone else found it strange where Ela-Mana-Mou seems to be cropping up in pedigrees?

Also from what I remember he looked like he was designed to go anti clockwise rather than in a straight line.

Think he will get a reasonable amount of winners possible scrubby ones though.
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 27 Mar 14 12:37
Ovalu, as I have said before, I am not really 'in the know' about anything in particular!

With Equiano, he had a fairly well documented wind Op as a 3yo I think. My memory (increasingly unreliable) tells me he had top form both before and after the procedure so as these things go it was probably a bit more forgivable than many.

Proxy, you've popped your pedigree hat on and you know my bonnet of the same is nothing like so lavish!

I think that a pure speed pedigree these days is both rare and possibly ineffectual when knitted with our hybrid pedigrees, well I assume it has to be given our inability to breed pure speedsters right now.
Speed on stamina seems to be a little bit where it's at given Dansili, Oasis Dream, Pivotal et al and the shape of their pedigrees and the type of horse they can throw given more stamina added to the mix.

I appreciate the first two bring pedigree to the mix, but Royal Applause through Acclamation remain sucessful (ish)and Lorenzaccio through Ahonoora and Indian Ridge before them made their mark over and above any thoughts that they could ever have been compatible with pure class.

I read your last line and thought "surely that's your opinion too?" But it's a freaky old phenomenem this Accl. Dark Angel thing and I wouldn't bet on another one or two coming forth before it runs out of steam.
As for the conformation issues well the market place says they're forgivable or non existent perhaps, and they seemed a nice stamped but not too stamped bunch to me.

The mare in question, T Wink
By:
proxygene
When: 27 Mar 14 14:24
If season 4 isn't too much of a scarily trodden path, computer says yes, and there is that full brother pretty pattern.

Will I have to retract my scrubby winners comment now?
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 27 Mar 14 14:41
Hell no, I breed plenty of scrubby non winners too!

Thanks for running your programme, I am not surprised it was successful and there's a useful bro. too.

I shall continue cogitation. . .
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com