Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
truehoncho
11 Oct 12 19:07
| Topic/replies: 4,459 | Blogger: truehoncho's blog
What a great sale he has had. Everyone wants one. He must be the best commercial sire out there.
Show More
Report Prima Donna October 22, 2012 6:24 PM BST
He certainly is commercial,his sales back that notion up.Next years 2 y'olds coming from a 65k fee,expectations are high..........
Report truehoncho October 23, 2012 9:28 PM BST
lets hope his offspring can provide us smaller breeders with some value options in teh future
Report Prima Donna October 24, 2012 5:53 AM BST
I think truehoncho the smaller breeder who has used sons of his will see value both at this years foals sales and next years yearlings ones too.Vendors with good walking quality stock by his sons will be much in demand I reckon later on this year.
Report truehoncho October 24, 2012 11:29 AM BST
I have used one of his cheaper ones this year PD (Captain Gerrard). I know it's a bit of a gamble with him facing his first runners next year but if he does get a few winners there won't be too many of them at the sales when mine gets there.

My Monsieur Bond filly is doing well (i will try and get a picture posted in the next week or two). I think he could be a good stallion for next year as any foal would get the benifit of the 120 mares he got last year. Also there may be not many options in his price range.
Report Johnny_Mustang October 24, 2012 2:03 PM BST
I think the Captain Gerrards might go well too, quite a few of them found their way into the hands of decent trainers of 2-y-os.
Report truehoncho October 24, 2012 6:37 PM BST
JM, i think they were always going to appeal to the Bill Turners of this world. If he doesn't get winners in his first year he never will but with 130 mares covered i think he'll get a lot of early runners at least.I got him cheap so he doesn't need to be first season sire champion to get a few quid profit.
Report Prima Donna October 25, 2012 7:56 AM BST
This little stallion seems to be easily overlooked,don't forget he is a son of Oasis Dream and with a nice page behind him too.He was very fast and precocious and I understand his connections did their best to get in half decent mares first time of asking.Oasis Dream is small like Green Desert for those who have never seen the mighty OD he is no oil painting and has a poor hind leg,Captain Gerrard is better than his sire in that dept'. He is in with the same shout as the likes of Showcasing, Approve and Arcano. A smart 2yo son of OD that didn't train on but he had enough class to win the Palace House early in his 3yo year. Connections made a big error in not retiring him a season earlier when OD was at the total height of his popularity and the smallish sort got by Captain Gerrard would have perhaps been more easily forgiven. As I have said before OD stock fall into two categories, the smallish fast early type and the smallish slower maturing more middle distance type. Captain G getting yearlings into the hands of decent 2yo trainers is not a big surprise and does indeed hold promise of him having a good chance at least. I don't think he will be forgiven if he doesn't do well though, he needs to impress with his first runners.
Report truehoncho October 25, 2012 6:42 PM BST
onthe subject of cheapies PD, do you know if Misu Bond got a few mares last year now he's at Norton Grove.

He has had nothing through the sales this year but has got 6 2yo winners so far this year which I think is pretty good.
Report truehoncho August 30, 2016 8:20 PM BST
He is having a very poor season. I think Frankel is getting all the mares!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com